Champions League Group Stage: Porto vs AC Milan 19/10/2021 21:00 CEST

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Balo seemed way more comfortable second half.
So i would start him, but then again he is going to face jessus corona? So maybe it would be better to play calabria

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Win or seppuku

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Balo's main issue was positioning, lack of tactical awareness. He was rarely where we needed him to be during the transitions to attack. He would push up too early or not at all, stand still and wait for the ball up front, instead of linking up with an isolated Rebic or making himself available as a paceful option on the left flank during the transition to attack.

BUT, once he did have the ball in the final 3rd he almost always managed to beat the defender and send in a cross that reached the 6 yard box. There's clearly potential here - he's not some complete fodder.

Some of the poor decisions are hard to excuse, but it's normal for fullbacks to struggle tactically, positionally initially, especially in our system. They have a crucial role during transitions and it's clearly also very complicated.
Kalulu, Conti, Dalot and even Calabria had similar issues at first. Calabria was a positional mess, a disaster in the first appearances under Pioli, but he slowly picked it up and managed to make the team adapt to him and his characteristics as well.

It's not certain that BT will also improve on these things, but I would prefer not to move Calabria away from his position and cause more instability and cohesion problems than what injuries and COVID are already causing.
BT deserves more chances.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The decision to include Messias in the CL list looks so bad right now.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
We need to trust Toure before we take drastic measures like Kalu or Cala LB.

Calabria LB is not drastic at all. He?s played there for Italy and for us aswell.

Ballo Toure doesn?t seem to be ready/good enough (hopefully the first)

Do or die game away to Porto lads. Not gonna be easy but feels like our boys will do us proud again!

Leao hattrick please one time.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
The decision to include Messias in the CL list looks so bad right now.

It was obviously the right decision vs Samu at the time. Sometimes good decisions fail is all.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
As much as a win is needed here we also need liverpool to win vs atleti

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Tonight we play CL again!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
la-champions-champions-league.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The energy needed tonight:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who did he block?

fuck thomas lemar

Uninjured players.

I believe in the Messias. It's sad how things have turned out because quality-wise I think he belongs here. There's still plenty of time for him to make a positive impact, but the decision to include him in the CL list for the group-stage - while he arrived to the club with fitness problems - has really hurt us. The Lpool and Atletico games were screaming for an impact sub like Samu to come on and re-energize the attack and protect the lead without giving up our usual approach, but all we had were two fullbacks(BT, Florenzi), Daniel and a half-injured Giroud.
Florenzi is supposed to be a utility player, but it feels like he only stole a spot from a proper RW.
Kalulu is fine as RB backup.

I'm not even mad at the management for this. It's just disappointing how it turned out. There were warning signs, but also bad luck.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
What is this Lemar obsession from jasper.
That energy should be directed on that turkish ref

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
That starting line up should be more than enough for us to see this trough, if everybody is on their game.

Time to put some pressure on this CL campaign, and smack these uefa backed up bitches around.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Going to miss the first 20-25 minutes of the match as I'm playing football this evening. Sucks you can't record a match on the red button option.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Uninjured players.

I believe in the Messias. It's sad how things have turned out because quality-wise I think he belongs here. There's still plenty of time for him to make a positive impact, but the decision to include him in the CL list for the group-stage - while he arrived to the club with fitness problems - has really hurt us. The Lpool and Atletico games were screaming for an impact sub like Samu to come on and re-energize the attack and protect the lead without giving up our usual approach, but all we had were two fullbacks(BT, Florenzi), Daniel and a half-injured Giroud.
Florenzi is supposed to be a utility player, but it feels like he only stole a spot from a proper RW.
Kalulu is fine as RB backup.

I'm not even mad at the management for this. It's just disappointing how it turned out. There were warning signs, but also bad luck.

I think he had been playing with that injury he got surgery for. Hopefully he can be at 100 percent when he is back, as I really think he can be useful for us as a versatile squad player.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Otavio and Joao Mario on the right?

Man if we had TH he & Leao woulda ran through their right flanks

Schedule