UEFA Euro 2020

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Prayers to Eriksen. That fall was terrifying.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Bein Sports talking about the fucked up schedules players go through these days.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Get well Soon Eriksen
edit : joke removed.

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
It is offside.. I always wondered why they never called those
They can never be an offside in a corner simply because the ball is played on par with the line goal & all the players that have the ball are behind it.

:fp::fp::fp:

Corner is excluded from the offside rule. (as are goal kicks and throw ins)

They arent exluded like the throw ins.
But in corners its physically impossible for a player to be offside when the ball is closer to the goal line than the attacker each & every time because .... the ball is actually on the line.
Its why if a player pass the ball backward then its not offside even if there was not a single player from the defending team.

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I thought Erikssen was dead when i saw the incident.
But seems he is stable in hospital & awake.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Match will resume in minutes. CONFIRMED

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
There needs to be legit dialogue about the fucked up schedules players go through every year. Reminder that the UCL Third qualifying rounds begin in about a month from now. SMH.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Kjaer subbed off. Probably due to him being close with Eriksen. They spend quite a lot of time together in Milan as I understand it

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck I had Voodoo donkey on my fantasy team :fp:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Finland wins from Denmark, first big surprise

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
:fp::fp::fp:

Corner is excluded from the offside rule. (as are goal kicks and throw ins)

I never heard of that

Also it's possible that an offside 8s called on a corner kick unlike what Wild is claiming. Just look at the one from last night you can see that the ball was very much in field while the receiving player was coming from beyond the goal line.

Another thing that surprises me is when the goal keeper kicks the ball (from a holding position) usually the ball leaves his hand when he is outside the penalty area so it should be called a handball. And in such a scenario I believe that the opponent is allowed to block the kick. The solution should be for goalkeepers to kick the ball nearer to their own goal.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently Denmark had the choice of finishing the game tomorrow at 12:00. In hindsight it seems like the much more sensible choice

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I never heard of that

Also it's possible that an offside 8s called on a corner kick unlike what Wild is claiming. Just look at the one from last night you can see that the ball was very much in field while the receiving player was coming from beyond the goal line.

Another thing that surprises me is when the goal keeper kicks the ball (from a holding position) usually the ball leaves his hand when he is outside the penalty area so it should be called a handball. And in such a scenario I believe that the opponent is allowed to block the kick. The solution should be for goalkeepers to kick the ball nearer to their own goal.

Berardi was outside the pitch.
I think it's a foul if a player leaves the pitch on purpose and then re-enters it without the ref's permission.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I never heard of that

It is how am describing it to you.
If the ball is played backward ITS NEVER an offside regardless of anything else even if there was no defenders at all because the ball is closer to the goal line than the attacker who is getting the ball.

Now IF the ball is played to a player who is closer to the goal line than the ball (forward) only then you will need at least TWO defenders (not one since the GK is usually the first) to be closer to the goal line than the attacker who is getting the ball.

Now since the corner will have the ball ON the goal line -----> physically its impossible to have a player , any player closer to the goal line --- > never an offside.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Berardi was outside the pitch.
I think it's a foul if a player leaves the pitch on purpose and then re-enters it without the ref's permission.

He was the ghost corner kick taker, so it's not the same situation. I think a better example is when Holland scored vs Italy in euro 2008 and it Pannucci? Who was injured and the rule was clarified that the player is considered in play unless the referee orders him out and since then games were frequently stopped by refs to check on players safety

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
It is how am describing it to you.
If the ball is played backward ITS NEVER an offside regardless of anything else even if there was no defenders at all because the ball is closer to the goal line than the attacker who is getting the ball.

Now IF the ball is played to a player who is closer to the goal line than the ball (forward) only then you will need at least TWO defenders (not one since the GK is usually the first) to be closer to the goal line than the attacker who is getting the ball.

Now since the corner will have the ball ON the goal line -----> physically its impossible to have a player , any player closer to the goal line --- > never an offside.
It doesn't matter in which direction the ball is played (this is not rugby) the only thing that matters is the position of the receiver so in yesterday's case he was ahead of the ball so its an offside. If you want to be specific, the receiver was in an offside position and the ball was played backwards (I.e. towards one's own goal) but that is not relevant to the rule.

Speaking of offsides, am I the only one who thinks that Lukakus goal should technically be offside? Since the defender never really controlled the ball, he didn't pass or purposely direct it back.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It doesn't matter in which direction the ball is played (this is not rugby) the only thing that matters is the position of the receiver so in yesterday's case he was ahead of the ball so its an offside. If you want to be specific, the receiver was in an offside position and the ball was played backwards (I.e. towards one's own goal) but that is not relevant to the rule.

Speaking of offsides, am I the only one who thinks that Lukakus goal should technically be offside? Since the defender never really controlled the ball, he didn't pass or purposely direct it back.
'Law 11: Offside :
A player is in an offside position if:
- any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponent's half (excluding the
halfway line) and
- any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponent's goal line than
both the ball and the second-last opponent.'

Last part is how i tried to explain the backward pass or the corner.
Backward passes & corners are never offside.
I bet you more 75% of fans all over dont know the correct definition of the offside rule.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lukaku a Christian or Muslim?
He seemed to make the sign of the cross....but then put his hands out in Islamic prayer

Schedule