The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Official statement. Bayern Munich announces and confirms they will NOT join the #SuperLeague.

Lewa vs Consigli next season as it seems :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I?m not saying I endorse this, in fact I disavow this

But there was a law, a royal decree issued by Edward longshanks in 1290, that would solve this problem immediately, if Boris Johnson asked the queen to reintroduce it

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's likely that the domestic leagues will become less relevant. Consequently, if there's less money in circulation (reduced fan interest, lower broadcasting deals), it is very likely that clubs will cut down on costs. European competitions don't count for much if there's no fan interest. Player salaries are also likely to go down as a result.

Like I mentioned, because of covid, players and other employees of several clubs have been forced to take pay cuts or have been fired, especially people working in operations, stadium management etc., the SL could make things worse for most industry professionals.

The situation is extremely uncertain at this point, and people are simply speculating. It remains to be seen how things pan out. But I don't see many positives for the industry as a whole, apart from "our Milan" possibly becoming a powerhouse again.

You, or other Milan fans may not care about any of this, but the point is that this isn't just about being sentimental, or being afraid of change. Many people could suffer very real losses.

I thought SL would be inferior because games are meaingless due to no relegation...but somehow they are going to steal all the ratings?

Aside from that, if the business model for a lot of these domestic sides is to produce an inferior product and expect the big teams to bring in the ratings and trickle down, then perhaps they need to look at fixing the root cause of that issue, like stevan said? I mean if that root problem is there regardless of SL or not, their job stability would be on the line anytime a big club who can influence things make a change, no?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The players can act all high and mighty, but when you wanna make millions and millions and break contract records during every extension, this is what happens. How much money have players like Zlatan, Messi and Cristiano made over the years? And now fucking teenagers make more money in a year than legends made during their whole prime.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep Guardiola: "Sport is not a sport when the relation between the effort and reward don?t exist. It?s not a sport when it doesn?t matter if you lose."

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Pep Guardiola: "Sport is not a sport when the relation between the effort and reward don?t exist. It?s not a sport when it doesn?t matter if you lose."

How some can't grasp this is beyond me.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Seems like most players and managers are coming out in opposition while the executives and such are in favor. Who would've thought those in charge who want all the money for their clubs are like this?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't understand the extreme positions on either side in this debate.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Too much opposition

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like most players and managers are coming out in opposition while the executives and such are in favor. Who would've thought those in charge who want all the money for their clubs are like this?

Players and managers aren't backing off from their contract negotiations.

They want what they are worth meanwhile its an eternal sin for the clubs to want to be paid what they are worth.

Talk about double standards and the phony holier-than-thou, laughable.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,

Objectively true and that?s the only issue I have.

Also easy for Pep to say from his fucking ivory tower, with a team that has no spending limits, fabricates sponsorship revenue and gets away with fucking FFP at every opportunity.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as players and coaches earn millions it is very hypocritical to criticize exekutives for getting that money for them.

If you could keep players on 200.000 EUR a year (which would still be a nice wage) no one would need a SL.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Official statement. Bayern Munich announces and confirms they will NOT join the #SuperLeague.

Lewa vs Consigli next season as it seems :lol:

Yea yea. You ll be begging to join soon enough

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand the extreme positions on either side in this debate.

I am really just being facetious, I see it as a positive for our club but wouldn't cry if it didn't happen.

I just find the doomsday scenario people bring up to be a massive hyperbole and can't help myself.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The only real solution is to cancel football. Instead American Football - henceforce known as Global Football - should become the norm across the globe and these phony overpaid "soccer" players should play a real sport from here on out. :head:

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Barring some “Daddy Warbucks” coming along and saving us, Milan can never catch up to the top teams as it stands.

We have no stadium, we have a fraction of their revenue. The only way to succeed when you’re this fucked is to be smartest or to be first. We have good management, they are smart but everyone in football has 4-5 guys with Physics PhDs from MIT now crunching advanced data for them.

We are now “first”. We need this or at least the leverage it provides, otherwise we will be chewing our fingernails every year battling for top 4 with no real chance to make an impact in CL even if we fucking get there.

Look at the 4 teams in CL right now. Each of them spends the GDP of a tiny country in transfers every year.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barring some ?Daddy Warbucks? coming along and saving us, Milan can never catch up to the top teams as it stands.

We have no stadium, we have a fraction of their revenue. The only way to succeed when you?re this fucked is to be smartest or to be first. We have good management, they are smart but everyone in football has 4-5 guys with Physics PhDs from MIT now crunching advanced data for them.

We are now ?first?. We need this or at least the leverage it provides, otherwise we will be chewing our fingernails every year battling for top 4 with no real chance to make an impact in CL even if we fucking get there.

Look at the 4 teams in CL right now. Each of them spends the GDP of a tiny country in transfers every year.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent point

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Lol @ defending a current system that is corrupt to the core.

Uefa humiliated us for many years but cool let's forget it and defend their rules so we can watch them destroy us like they did against arsenal and that greek side.

I love it when devilo makes sense

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the last 6 years Real Madrid won 3 CL's in a row and 2 League titles, gave Bale his massive contract, sold Ronaldo before they should have and they're still massively in debt.
On the financial side this is a poorly run club and yet they want more money and to be in charge of their own league.

:fp:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
EzbE5T7XoAAu7ET.jpg

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the last 6 years Real Madrid won 3 CL's in a row and 2 League titles, gave Bale his massive contract, sold Ronaldo before they should have and they're still massively in debt.
On the financial side this is a poorly run club and yet they want more money and to be in charge of their own league.

:fp:

Thank you for making the point that currently effort doesnt match the reward (payday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule