The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
C'mon Raz.... don't be a voodoo Donkey :)

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Voodoo donkey should have been a man and comebout and say it wasnt a racism but hes not. Ibra said nothing, its a mans sport, ppl should get a gripnof themselves.

Ash said it all right. Everything is racism now ffs. Lukaku would never get the red in that fight, aldough HE deserved it, coz it would be racist...

Your a donkey... Im gonna kill you... lol... we all said those things while playing something.

In the end, surpriseeeee, juve will benefit.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
A ban for both wouldn't placate me. At all.

For all of the absurdity surrounding this Ibra-Lukaku case--the fabrications on social media by journalists, the hilarious exchange itself--it could nonetheless have serious repercussions for our season. In a league where common sense is in short supply and where actual racism is dismissed or given perfunctory disapproval, it would make perfect sense that they would come down hard on Ibra. I expressed this yesterday as well and since then the chorus to make an example out of him has grown. Lukaku was out of control, but, meh, the gentle giant was provoked. Never mind the fact that in the last 72 hours he hasn't uttered a word himself where he even remotely insinuates anything racist was said. None of that matters, apparently.

I am quietly resigning myself to the fact that we may have to do without Ibra for the derby. I hope I am completely wrong, but it's the overall climate that I am concerned about. I expressed my misgivings yesterday as well.

I follow the Italian media quite closely, listen to several podcasts, and frequent the Italian Milan forum...let's just say the debate is venomous and disingenuous enough for it to be a problem. A telltale sign, in my view, will be whether the state broadcaster RAI still allows Ibra as a guest on Sanremo (it's a music festival of sorts) in March. If they renege that will set the tone and tenor for whatever punishment is to be meted out. I know excluding Ibra would have no direct legal implications, but it's weird... if you read Italian dailies, listen to the procession of deranged pundits... you get a sense quickly of where the wind is blowing. I can't explain it. Despite the political leanings of the papers in question, the editorial line converges at some point, and you just know what's coming. It hasn't quite happened yet, but I feel it in my bones--it's not far off. I really really hope that I am being paranoid. Our season is going well, the game against Bologna is huge...it's a delicate moment.

In my view neither Ibra nor Lukaku should be punished beyond whatever punishment they received.

Thanks for the Italian media/community insight. From the English-speaking part (social media, Reddit etc) everyone is SJWing Lukaku as if he was held at gunpoint and racially abused for years by Ibra as if he's a devil. It's maddening to think that they at the same time write off the supposed "I'll shoot you in the head." line as joke, because it came from a black man and he'd never do that, compared to what Ibra said. Italy is a weird place as you've said how racism in football particularly is handled, but with Ibra let's make an example. I assume we find out more tomorrow, media talks of Sporting Judge then. If Ibra gets punished and Lukaku does not see equal when that is injustice.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Agree with Wild - Lukaku should come out and say "hey it wasnt racist, I just lost my head lets move on" or "Hey, it wasnt rascist but in the moment I took it that way and lost it"

Something!!!!

It doesnt make sense to let it just lay out there and then we go down some big witch-hunt road for no reason.
- And then when a real incident occurs in the future nobody will care for what he has to say because they wont believe him.

I guess some people arent man enough to own up to things - damn just say my bad.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Its really pathetic that Lukaku didnt address the matter saying it wasnt a race thing.
And who said saying i will shoot you in the head isnt worse than saying a racist word ?
Whats next ? Its ok to kill someone who said the N word ?
Ffs that could turn to be worse than adopting isis concepts.

Those fake racist incidents are turning to be worse than real incidents & its ashame that no one is addressing the issue.
Those refs that got banned because they have a word in their language that is considered racist in a totally different language was idiotic & yet no one dared to say anything not even their own country.

Wild for pres.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Colombo at Cremonese unveiling:

“I need this experience to play and mature, I think the right time has come. At Milan I have learned a lot in recent months, working daily with champions you can’t help but grow. Why Cremonese? I felt that this was the right choice for me. Cremonese wanted me more than others, even though I had several proposals. I hope to start well, the coach has made me understand that I have to work hard to gain space.”

Good luck kid, hope you kill it there and prove your worth.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
A ban for both wouldn't placate me. At all.

For all of the absurdity surrounding this Ibra-Lukaku case--the fabrications on social media by journalists, the hilarious exchange itself--it could nonetheless have serious repercussions for our season. In a league where common sense is in short supply and where actual racism is dismissed or given perfunctory disapproval, it would make perfect sense that they would come down hard on Ibra. I expressed this yesterday as well and since then the chorus to make an example out of him has grown. Lukaku was out of control, but, meh, the gentle giant was provoked. Never mind the fact that in the last 72 hours he hasn't uttered a word himself where he even remotely insinuates anything racist was said. None of that matters, apparently.

I am quietly resigning myself to the fact that we may have to do without Ibra for the derby. I hope I am completely wrong, but it's the overall climate that I am concerned about. I expressed my misgivings yesterday as well.

I follow the Italian media quite closely, listen to several podcasts, and frequent the Italian Milan forum...let's just say the debate is venomous and disingenuous enough for it to be a problem. A telltale sign, in my view, will be whether the state broadcaster RAI still allows Ibra as a guest on Sanremo (it's a music festival of sorts) in March. If they renege that will set the tone and tenor for whatever punishment is to be meted out. I know excluding Ibra would have no direct legal implications, but it's weird... if you read Italian dailies, listen to the procession of deranged pundits... you get a sense quickly of where the wind is blowing. I can't explain it. Despite the political leanings of the papers in question, the editorial line converges at some point, and you just know what's coming. It hasn't quite happened yet, but I feel it in my bones--it's not far off. I really really hope that I am being paranoid. Our season is going well, the game against Bologna is huge...it's a delicate moment.

In my view neither Ibra nor Lukaku should be punished beyond whatever punishment they received.

Please keep us posted. It seems you're able to pick up on signals outside the mainstream of what us twitter parrots are able to gather.

It's fascinating that radical and deranged anti-racism as a concept actually has this much effect, considering its absolutely rotten foundations.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agree with Wild - Lukaku should come out and say "hey it wasnt racist, I just lost my head lets move on" or "Hey, it wasnt rascist but in the moment I took it that way and lost it"

Something!!!!

It doesnt make sense to let it just lay out there and then we go down some big witch-hunt road for no reason.
- And then when a real incident occurs in the future nobody will care for what he has to say because they wont believe him.

I guess some people arent man enough to own up to things - damn just say my bad.

Totally agree. If Lukaku silently allows Ibra to be banned for that comment he is demonstrating what a pathetic piece of shit he is.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
"Milan fans" on Reddit calling iBra racist :fp:

Losers. Doesn't even matter what club you support, this type of talk should be ridiculed by fans everywhere. When anything and everything can be interpreted as racist when spoken to anybody who is black we are setting a really scary precedent and it really shouldn't be tolerated. This will only serve to cause more racism and to be more cautious about every little thing people say or do when around a black person even if they're a friend for fear of being labeled a racist. These are 2 PLAYERS for arch-rival teams, this has nothing to do with race but it's all these idiot media personalities and pundits can see because they're told to do so by their networks. Scummy.

Awful world being created here... ominous for the future

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted. It seems you're able to pick up on signals outside the mainstream of what us twitter parrots are able to gather.

It's fascinating that radical and deranged anti-racism as a concept actually has this much effect, considering its absolutely rotten foundations.

I'm not unique in this regard. I am sure many on here and beyond feel this as well. I just have lost faith in many media figures. Some are brilliant, even on the Inter side.

Again, actual racist bs in Italy--nothing to offer. Incidents that merit almost no response--let's jump on this shit.

But again, maybe I'm too cynical, and common sense will prevail.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
This is exactly what needs to happen to both Ibra and Lukaku:

Ibra: nothing

Lukaku: prosecute and taken to court for the rape and death threats and expelled from italy for the potential risk of him being dangerous and causing harm in society. Uefa needs to ban him for 10 games minimum as well in all their competitions

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Vucinic while at ladri, says, right to the linesman's face and near the mic, something in his native language, along the lines of "I'll fuck your family, you bald fuck!".
Consequences: None.

Dzeko spits in the refs face.
Consequences: Red carded but for an earlier incident. This action went unpunished.

Zlatan says "picku materinu", randomly, as all Balkans do no matter age/sex, to no one specific but happened to say it less than 10 meters away from the linesman, which the linesman didn't see or hear but this was noticed and brought up to the attention of FIGC by the media.

Consequences: Three game ban.

The inconsistency is ridiculous.

Good ol' Serie A...

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
And who said saying i will shoot you in the head isnt worse than saying a racist word ?
Whats next ? Its ok to kill someone who said the N word ?
Ffs that could turn to be worse than adopting isis concepts.

This is the world we live in though. And the way things are going, we're heading in that direction

This type of shit inflames the race relations....it's almost as if they wanted it that way ;)

They do in 'Murica. And it's rubbing off everywhere else in the world.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Remember last derby, when 1000 Inter fans were allowed in the stadium and you could literally hear them constantly chanting gipsy towards Ibra?

Actions ? Measures ? Statements?

Nothing.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Italian media/community insight. From the English-speaking part (social media, Reddit etc) everyone is SJWing Lukaku as if he was held at gunpoint and racially abused for years by Ibra as if he's a devil. It's maddening to think that they at the same time write off the supposed "I'll shoot you in the head." line as joke, because it came from a black man and he'd never do that, compared to what Ibra said. Italy is a weird place as you've said how racism in football particularly is handled, but with Ibra let's make an example. I assume we find out more tomorrow, media talks of Sporting Judge then. If Ibra gets punished and Lukaku does not see equal when that is injustice.

The Sporting Judge part...that will be a cakewalk.

It's the stuff after we have to worry about...when the prosecutor gets involved. And in all likelihood they will because, you know, of course they will... At that point, if they conclude that goading someone based on a story (without ever uttering a slur) is worse than "I will shoot you in the head", then I give up.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I don't give a flying fuck about reddit. I'm asking if anyone here thinks he's racist

Not even on the Reddit he is speaking of.
None of the viral posts on rSoccer are calling him racist.

I have no idea why the fck they are focusing on the very few people that calling him racist.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
If they punish Zlatan then its because they are against the come up of Milan.
They will just be using this incident as an excuse.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
The likes speak for themselves.

0ebe8c8fbeaed41edd7b7b9af33ed540.jpg

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
If they punish Zlatan then its because they are against the come up of Milan.
They will just be using this incident as an excuse.

I don't know bro...I am wary of using this line of argument. We're on a Milan forum, so it's tempting to yell "AGNELLI!!!!" or whatever at every turn. Let me also make it clear (lest there is any doubt) had Ibra been actually explicitly racist, I'd be singing a completely different tune right now--despite my club allegiance.

I just think, at this point, there is a risk of an idiotic, incomprehensible punishment that does nothing to address broader fundamental problems in the Italian game, and I find even that risk unacceptable and unnerving.

But anyway, for now, let's sit tight and focus on Bologna.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Football is the last place where one have to worry about racism.
Whatever race, one has all opportunities career wise, even very right leaning clubs sign african players etc.
In many other fields people would be glad if racism manifests only in some nasty chants or insults while earning completely inflated wages.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Lukaku turns everyone who criticises or talks bad about him (often justified) into a racist. He's done it so many times before. Also in Belgium. Suddenly we were all racist because the man couldn't stop a ball correctly. This fool is exactly the reason why we still talk about racism.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
I don't know bro...I am wary of using this line of argument. We're on a Milan forum, so it's tempting to yell "AGNELLI!!!!" or whatever at every turn. Let me also make it clear (lest there is any doubt) had Ibra been actually explicitly racist, I'd be singing a completely different tune right now--despite my club allegiance.

I just think, at this point, there is a risk of an idiotic, incomprehensible punishment that does nothing to address broader fundamental problems in the Italian game, and I find even that risk unacceptable and unnerving.

He isn't inaccurate in his speculations. A ban against Zlatan is a blow against Milan's title race. Who stands to benefit from that?

Merda. Why do you think Lukaku's sitting with his mouth all the way up in his ass?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

:star::star::star:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think a fair punishment for Lukaku would be for Inter to not pay his wages oh wait that’s already happening lmbo

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Football is the last place where one have to worry about racism.
Whatever race, one has all opportunities career wise, even very right leaning clubs sign african players etc.
In many other fields people would be glad if racism manifests only in some nasty chants or insults while earning completely inflated wages.

I wouldnt go this far

We have seen how it has affected many (including our own) players despite their comfy wages.

I'm not sure how I would react if I always had to put up with it, not just me but my children and siblings etc hearing such and having to think that could be commonplace because enough isnt being done about it in the country I may live.
Its also funny that persons in the public eye may face certain aspects of racism more acutely despite having all the advantages of wealth. A normal person may be facing covert or unseen racism from racist policies and not have it affect them as much because they just believe certain things are their lot in life.

Anyhow - way too off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule