Week 34: Milan vs Benevento 01/05/2021 20:45 CET

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Rebic started from the bench because he will miss the Juve game if he picks up a yellow.

And when he came on it looked like he was trying to avoid a yellow at all costs. No intensity, no physicality, just watching and hoping the ball reaches his feet without any effort

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly , who was behind his purchase ?
Who the fuck scouted him ?
We paid 25mil , right ?

Leonardo wanted a fluent and thin attacking winger, he forgot to scout the passing and teamwork part

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Leao did good in defensive game - he should continue to grow in LW role, I see his possibility of improving there.

Leao had a bad cross coming from a bad angle and no players around him.

Its just that I see him dribbling a bit less then he used to last season. Needs that confidence in his skills back.

As for Rebic, nothing new, if you think Rebic does good things with the ball, then go watch another sport. Rebic?s main qualities are: Movements off the ball to find space, physicality & work rate, shot power and rebounding merchant. He loses one in two balls he receives in his legs. When Rebic does not produce goals he starts to become useless (like Hauge in his 90 min games).

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leonardo wanted a fluent and thin attacking winger, he forgot to scout the passing and teamwork part

Samu can?t pass, link up, or cross but he sure is slow and terrible in front of goal.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Samu can?t pass, link up, or cross but he sure is slow and terrible in front of goal.

I feel like you meant to include some positives there :lol:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the team performance. The attitude of the players was off, some looked agitated and others careless. The team was not in sync and if it were against a better opponent I doubt we would have gone away with the win.

I can't single out any player who really played well.. maybe Romagnoli was the best player and some Zlatan.. but its a typical bully performance from him vs inferior quality players.. he will not be able to play like this vs Juve I am sure.

The worst players were Leao and Rebic.. I am not sure who is worse at the moment, Leao has that primadonna attitude and I am sick of it, his body language gets on my nerves and he hardly ever breaks a sweat.. as for Rebic, the only thing he was consistently good at was pressing and hustling but he didn't look like he wanted to do that either, it's just a toxic attitude and I feel like he is Ibrahimovics little bitch, he would only think of passing him the ball and he screwed up many goal scoring chances when he could lay it off to someone in a better position.

Hakan and Kessie were good enough but only for 70 mins, they both seem fatigued. Bennacer is out of form and Tonali is meh. Honestly the condition of the team is so worrying, I can't see us get through the line unless this is addressed instantly.

What's worse is the relationship between players, I feel like the unity has been disrupted.. I sensed this a while back especially between Ibra and Samu and it showed again today.. Ibra wants to lament Samu and Samu is not enjoying it but its not only them, I feel like there are some division that's being overlooked.

As for Pioli, I was not impressed with him again. His changes did not have any positive effect, in fact you can say they were negative.. the team risked a lot even at 2-0 up. For example I would have added an extra midfielder instead of Hakan because we were defending too deep and our attackers were half arsed in their defensive duties. Ibra should have been substituted at some stage. And perhaps this is the game where you bring on Hauge rather than lame Rebic.

I am worried about this team. I hope they don't go thinking that everything is alright just because we picked up a win.. the team needs to find the humility to realize their mistakes and to address them quickly.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Exactly, thats why im happy we have Moncada now
Leo isnt a good GM, with little money.

Maybe they thought he could develop into a better player.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
leao fecks up header.
Ibra: I cant fecking understand you, I CANT FECKING UNDERSTAND YOU!

:lol::lol::lol:

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Sad that we couldn’t win the scudetto but boy am I glad Juventus finally lost it. Our league was suffering too much from it

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra should have been substituted at some stage.

If Ibra scores tonight, he'll be first player since 2000s to score versus 80 different league sides :eek:

And there's the reason why he was complaining and throwing tantrums against his teammates even more than usually.
Reason why he never got subbed.
Reason why he was still pissed off, after 90 mins when the 3 points were already more or less secured.

He's here for the personal records and to feed his ego. He likes to bring up that he'll take the responsibility and pressure away from his younger teammates, but he'll throw them under the bus and distance himself from the team the minute it goes south.
He even tries to get involved at an unnecessarily early stage in the buildups just to make the team depend on him in all stages, growing nothing without his involvement, which would leave us with nothing once he's gone, just like in 2012.

I wouldn't mind a 2010-2012 type of Ibra dependency, if he was as available as in 2010-2012, but if he's going to miss half the games due to injuries then next season is going to be a mess and we'll probably have to build from scratch again in 2022.

Last edited:

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Sale is shit?

Exactly. I’m tired of the Sale hate, he’s an unorthodox player with clumsy movement but he’s a good player and is an offensive threat. His defensive game needs some work but overall I’m happy that we have him in the squad and deserves to be in our current starting lineup. I agree that ideally he should be replaced with a better and more effective RW but he’s the best we have on that wing right now. I don’t think he should be a main starter if we get someone better but be great as a super sub.

He’s not useless like Samu who really honestly needs to go, I don’t think he’s useful even a sub. Krunic on the other hand, I only want to see him as a CAM. I don’t think he can play anywhere else. But he can be useful here and there. Samu I’m afraid is the most useless player in our team right now

With that said, people love to talk about the weakness in our RW but what about our LW? Rebic/Leao has been shit for very long, Rebic has been good for small patch of 4-5 months last season and people think he’s irreplaceable? Honestly we need someone better, I’m tired of Leao/Rebic performances actually, in fact Saele has been better than both in recent times. We have to admit, our left wingers are underperforming and so has Hernandez sadly. Thankfully Hernandez finally showed up today. But his partnership with Rebic this year, is very poor, it must be said. Saele/Calabria have been better

Last edited:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Sale has his moments.... remember than turn that started our counter attack in opening goal in a our win vs inter... that’s my fave goal of the season because it encapsulates the type of football we were torturing opponents with... no one in serie A could live with us then... seems such a long time ago now...

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And there's the reason why he was complaining and throwing tantrums against his teammates even more than usually.
Reason why he never got subbed.
Reason why he was still pissed off, after 90 mins when the 3 points were already more or less secured.

He's here for the personal records and to feed his ego. He likes to bring up that he'll take the responsibility and pressure away from his younger teammates, but he'll throw them under the bus and distance himself from the team the minute it goes south.
He even tries to get involved at an unnecessarily early stage in the buildups just to make the team depend on him in all stages, growing nothing without his involvement, which would leave us with nothing once he's gone, just like in 2012.

I wouldn't mind a 2010-2012 type of Ibra dependency, if he was as available as in 2010-2012, but if he's going to miss half the games due to injuries then next season is going to be a mess and we'll probably have to build from scratch again in 2022.

We have four games left. I'd rather have an Ibra that wants to do everything and is still angry and hungry at 2-0 than one that's here just for the money.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have four games left. I'd rather have an Ibra that wants to do everything and is still angry and hungry at 2-0 than one that's here just for the money.

Oh, we'll definitely need him for these remaining games. His passion for the sport is not in doubt - but his ego will create serious issues for us next season.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the team performance. The attitude of the players was off, some looked agitated and others careless. The team was not in sync and if it were against a better opponent I doubt we would have gone away with the win.

I can't single out any player who really played well.. maybe Romagnoli was the best player and some Zlatan.. but its a typical bully performance from him vs inferior quality players.. he will not be able to play like this vs Juve I am sure.

The worst players were Leao and Rebic.. I am not sure who is worse at the moment, Leao has that primadonna attitude and I am sick of it, his body language gets on my nerves and he hardly ever breaks a sweat.. as for Rebic, the only thing he was consistently good at was pressing and hustling but he didn't look like he wanted to do that either, it's just a toxic attitude and I feel like he is Ibrahimovics little bitch, he would only think of passing him the ball and he screwed up many goal scoring chances when he could lay it off to someone in a better position.

Hakan and Kessie were good enough but only for 70 mins, they both seem fatigued. Bennacer is out of form and Tonali is meh. Honestly the condition of the team is so worrying, I can't see us get through the line unless this is addressed instantly.

What's worse is the relationship between players, I feel like the unity has been disrupted.. I sensed this a while back especially between Ibra and Samu and it showed again today.. Ibra wants to lament Samu and Samu is not enjoying it but its not only them, I feel like there are some division that's being overlooked.

As for Pioli, I was not impressed with him again. His changes did not have any positive effect, in fact you can say they were negative.. the team risked a lot even at 2-0 up. For example I would have added an extra midfielder instead of Hakan because we were defending too deep and our attackers were half arsed in their defensive duties. Ibra should have been substituted at some stage. And perhaps this is the game where you bring on Hauge rather than lame Rebic.

I am worried about this team. I hope they don't go thinking that everything is alright just because we picked up a win.. the team needs to find the humility to realize their mistakes and to address them quickly.

:thumbsup:
Largely agree with this.

We need something different against Juve and Atalanta. This was not it.
Hakan used to be a midfielder that joined the front 3, but now he's a second striker who occasionally tracks back to help the midfielders. That's why even a player as mediocre as Krunic made us look unusually solid against ManU and Verona. We need that 3rd midfielder.
We can't have Kessie and Bennacer outnumbered all the time - especially with Bennacer in this shape, and Kessie often being forced out of position due to Theo. This is the source of many if not not most of our defensive issues.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Exactly. I?m tired of the Sale hate, he?s an unorthodox player with clumsy movement but he?s a good player and is an offensive threat. His defensive game needs some work but overall I?m happy that we have him in the squad and deserves to be in our current starting lineup. I agree that ideally he should be replaced with a better and more effective RW but he?s the best we have on that wing right now. I don?t think he should be a main starter if we get someone better but be great as a super sub.

He?s not useless like Samu who really honestly needs to go, I don?t think he?s useful even a sub. Krunic on the other hand, I only want to see him as a CAM. I don?t think he can play anywhere else. But he can be useful here and there. Samu I?m afraid is the most useless player in our team right now

With that said, people love to talk about the weakness in our RW but what about our LW? Rebic/Leao has been shit for very long, Rebic has been good for small patch of 4-5 months last season and people think he?s irreplaceable? Honestly we need someone better, I?m tired of Leao/Rebic performances actually, in fact Saele has been better than both in recent times. We have to admit, our left wingers are underperforming and so has Hernandez sadly. Thankfully Hernandez finally showed up today. But his partnership with Rebic this year, is very poor, it must be said. Saele/Calabria have been better

The midfield of Krunic, Kessie and Meite was actually pretty solid against verona and the first leg against manu. One of our better games this season, weirdly enough. He's definitely not a cam in my eyes... i wonder how he would do if pioli would play him lower, as he definitely lacks the technical skills and explosiveness to play so high or on the wings

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, Ibra was our missing piece of the puzzle.

He was yelling at people for pretty much the entire 90 minutes and it paid off.

It turned out we can pass and create chances from open play.

If not for our terrible finishing this could have been a 5:0.

Another sign that this team is mentally in the edge. If the team had at least some confidence, we would have buried those chances.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
:thumbsup:
Largely agree with this.

We need something different against Juve and Atalanta. This was not it.
Hakan used to be a midfielder that joined the front 3, but now he's a second striker who occasionally tracks back to help the midfielders. That's why even a player as mediocre as Krunic made us look unusually solid against ManU and Verona. We need that 3rd midfielder.
We can't have Kessie and Bennacer outnumbered all the time - especially with Bennacer in this shape, and Kessie often being forced out of position due to Theo. This is the source of many if not not most of our defensive issues.

Exactly.. our main problem is the lack of defensive cohesion which starts from the attacking end.. it seems to me that the ones in attack are all on an ego trip.. Ibra, Rebic, Hakan, Leao.. all of these guys want the ball constantly at their feet and when they lose it they sulk and trot around expecting the backing to retrieve it and give them another chance.

I remember that when the team actually started looking promising (a few weeks after the Atalanta thrashing) the main thing going for us was our defensive solidity and we went through many games on clean sheets. We were solid defensively and we broke out quickly with well taken counter attacks.. now the ball advances too slowly.. we defend too deep and instead of having our 3 offensive mids in defensive duties they are closer to Ibra than Kessie and Bennacer. And when we win the ball (often through a sloppy clearance) those players are not in position to receive the ball and push it forward so it's recycled from the back. I even remember how happy I was during the good period that Donnarumma hardly had a part in the build up, and Kessie and Bennacer often made themselves available.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Even if he's getting fucked off and screaming, we are shit without him.

It is a simple fact. We are tepid and have absolutely no build up play without him.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Another sign that this team is mentally in the edge. If the team had at least some confidence, we would have buried those chances.

tenor.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Could only watch the highlights for this one, but I’m so glad we got the 3 points.

12 points left to grab, Forza!

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score

:star:

to all the dummies who wouldn't extend him given his injuries

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Saele 8/10
Dalot 8/10
Hakan 7.5/10
Theo 7/10
Roma 7/10
Ben 7/10
Lion killer 7/10
The rest 6.5-7/10

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But he's the one who missed nearly all of those sitters.

Perhaps we should sign a player who can shout at and blame Ibra every time he misses a sitter or misplaces a pass?

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
3 points and clean sheet

Excellent game by Romagnoli

Ibrahimovic should've scored at least once, but he played joga bonito

Tonali > Bennacer

I'm starting to like Dalot, now he's our best fullback

Last edited:

Schedule