The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
How often do our players take tests if they're positive? Cause this wasn't the first case that somebody was false positive.
Once they're positive, they take another test in like what 3-4 days? Cause this false positive shit happened the 3rd time already, they should be tested every day

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
How often do our players take tests if they're positive? Cause this wasn't the first case that somebody was false positive.
Once they're positive, they take another test in like what 3-4 days? Cause this false positive shit happened the 3rd time already, they should be tested every day
I'm not sure

What I want to know is whether Theo was involved in the last round of tests before the game against Cagliari.

If he wasnt, thats just poor form from the management team.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
EsQfqdQW8AQhlZK

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

We have a lot of players to buy after their loans end and these tests aint cheap. Gotta stay within budget.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

i wouldn't worry about it...not a big deal

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I'm almost confident that we will be able to just renew Diaz's loan. Probably with an option to buy this time round.

So the only ones we potentially have to spend on are Firpo, Tomori and Tonali.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I'm not sure

What I want to know is whether Theo was involved in the last round of tests before the game against Cagliari.

If he wasnt, thats just poor form from the management team.

True. This is ridiculous. Missing a game because you are a fake positive. Imagine this is a CL match or a derby.

No way anyone tells me that a thing like this "can happen to anyone" :fp:

Badly handled until someone arguments otherwise :o

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mario Mandzukic has revealed that he is ‘very happy’ to have joined AC Milan, vowing to be ‘ready immediately’ to help the title push.

Mandzukic spoke in front of the media at Milanello during his official unveiling and answered a number of different questions from journalists, with his words transcribed by MilanNews and translated below.

“I am very happy to be here. I have been preparing for this opportunity for some time. There is a good atmosphere at Milanello. Milan are doing a great job, they are first in the table. I want to be ready immediately to help the team,” he said.

Do you want to be an example for the young players too?

“It is a young team, but they are all young fighters. Everyone does his job. I am a professional who always gives everything. If the young people follow me I am happy.”

How have you prepared yourself in recent months?

“I have been training hard in the last few months. If I had not felt ready I would not have accepted to come to a great club like Milan. Obviously I will need a few days to get to know my team-mates, but I am ready to give my contribution when the coach calls me in.”

Ibra said that now there are two of you to scare your opponents. Do you agree?

“Zlatan and I have great experience. It is important to scare our opponents and protect our team-mates. This is also needed and I am absolutely ready.”

Did you also say yes to Milan for the chance to win another Scudetto?

“There is still a long way to go until the end of the season. If we look at how the last few games have been, in which everyone fought to win, it will be easier to get to the Scudetto.”

Do you want to say hello to Milan fans in Italian?

“I know many words in Italian, but I prefer to have my say on the pitch. This is what counts.”

What do you think of Milan?

“Everyone knows the history of Milan and the many successes they have had. Winning the Scudetto would be important, but I prefer to talk little about it and think more about on the pitch.”

What Serie A do you think you will find?

“I don’t care about the other clubs, just about Milan and myself. I want to give my best for my team.”

Have you made it to the strongest team in Serie A?

“I am very ambitious, I have always worked hard in my career and I have always been ambitious. Milan are doing very well, but as I said before the season is still long, there are many difficult games to play and therefore we must continue like this if we want to get to our goal.”

Have you already talked to Pioli about your position on the pitch?

“I talked to him, he’s a very positive person. He asked me about the position, I replied that I play where there is a need.”

What percentage are you compared to the best Mandzukic?

“It is difficult to give a percentage. But I can say that I feel good, in the last months I have worked hard, my body is absolutely ready to return to the field. Don’t worry, I’m fine! I’m in shape.”

How will it be for you to face Juventus as an opponent?

“It will be like facing all the other matches. On the pitch we are rivals, then off we are still friends. I hope to see the fans at the stadium again soon. I have always had a good relationship with the Juventus fans, I will respect them forever, but now I will fight for Milan and its fans. Sarri? I don’t like talking about the past, I only want to think about the present at Milan.”

Did you also come to Milan to prove to Juventus that they were wrong to let you go?

“No. When Milan called me I only thought about meeting the expectations that the Rossoneri have towards me.”

Why did you choose the number 9 shirt?

“I don’t worry about jersey numbers. I often had 17, but it wasn’t free. I also often played with 9 and since it was free I took it. The most important thing is to do well on the pitch.”

Did you hear Rebic before signing for Milan?

“I spoke to Ante, we are happy to have found ourselves at Milan.”

What are your personal goals in these six months?

“I want to give my best and contribute to the team.”

When did the negotiations with Milan start?

“It’s hard to say when, it was nice to receive the call from Milan.”

What Milan have you found?

“There is great enthusiasm, I noticed it immediately as soon as I arrived. There is great conviction and determination, these are fundamental elements to get back on top”.”

Would it be enough for you to reach the Champions League or would you be satisfied only with the Scudetto?

“Everyone knows how ambitious I am, but they also know that I prefer to work rather than talk. Better to act than to talk.”

@SempreMilan

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We're not run that old fashioned way tho. Not anymore. There's not that old patron anymore in here that once used to be Berlusconi and who once controlled and interfered in any part of the structure, for the better or the worse.

All those examples you named. Cairo, De Laurentiis, Dela Valle family before Commisso, Lotito... All of those are exactly like we were once used to be run.

Now Berlusconi isn't here anymore. We don't have one single man putting his personal wealth in the club with the intention to be involved in each and every department or decision making. It's a hedge fonds now who's most known to buy companies at their most dire moment, reshape and reorganise them in a modern way and to sell them to the highest vider once that company has been resanitised.

What you are doing is putting Gazidis on the same level like Berlusconi and Co., but what you have to understand is that Gazidis is not the owner of the club, not even the president - I think that part is obvious and no news to you - but an employee of the club. Hence why your comparisons don't work.

I remembered when talks about Silvio selling to a Chinese conglomerate emerged and medias and celeberties or known figures were like "I don't like that, I'd felt safer if there was one man, one figure to take over from Silvio". I think the scepticism in Italy really dates back to that.
Imo, that's nothing wrong with that exact approach.It encourage the responsibility because like I said,once a club made a decision to sell a key/top players it's clearly not because of sporting/technical decision so why must SD/Tech Director must take responsibility for that?
With that being said,we'll see if what you are suggesting will become reality...

What you said about I'm unconsciously put Gazidis is equal to Berlusconi is utter bullshit.Every calcio fans knows that basically there are 2 major aspects of running the football clubs.One is mostly if not all runs by a people who has experienced in football world be it ex players,experienced director from small clubs moving to bigger clubs,the people who is working in football organisation in a long time.That's technical/sporting division.The other one doesn't necessarily has a background on football world that is non technical division be it commercial,financial planning,facilities management etc etc...So sporting/technical people is responsible for sporting/technical aspects,non sporting/technical people should have nothing to do on that decision.Afaik,Gazidis is the latter simple as that..

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The latest loan deals are coming with option to buy...whats the issue here?

If they perform, we will activate the option. If they dont, we will send them back.

The only ones that are dry loans are Diaz and Dalot. Dalot I dont give a shit about. Diaz, we have a good relationship with Madrid, so who knows.

There is no issue - just an observation

Winning and positive play has changed the forums outlook - last year many just wanted outright purchases or move to next option when others were making the case that this was a way to try before you buy or just fill out your squad.

Its encouraging

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Im not sure but i think in february we will have a year without a loss on away games??

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I'm almost confident that we will be able to just renew Diaz's loan. Probably with an option to buy this time round.

So the only ones we potentially have to spend on are Firpo, Tomori and Tonali.

And Meite?

Those 4 alone would be about 75m, assuming most of Tonali's bonuses would get activated. I'm sure payments can be spread out over a few years though.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
True. This is ridiculous. Missing a game because you are a fake positive. Imagine this is a CL match or a derby.

Yes, it's clearly worth retesting anyone who tests positive again 6 hours later

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
There is no issue - just an observation

Winning and positive play has changed the forums outlook - last year many just wanted outright purchases or move to next option when others were making the case that this was a way to try before you buy or just fill out your squad.

Its encouraging
I think folks were just against dry loans, which I will be honest I still am. Dry loans dont benefit us at all and gives all the bargaining chips to the selling club.

I wasnt a fan of getting Diaz and Dalot on dry loans and am still not. Wouldnt be a fan either if either of Tomori or Firpo are dry loans.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Today's thoughts:

1. Qaas is a camera? Ash got beaten up by a kangaroo that stole his shrimp? Too many questions.

2. Theo, Rebic and Krunic back is great timing. Very much need the former two for the Atalanta game. Very good news.

3. Nice words by Zukie, glad to have him and Meite. Now Tomori soon TM.

4. Vulture is undeniably the most delusional person I've witnessed. Sometimes maybe right, sometimes maybe wrong - but can't accept the latter ever Zlatan forbid he die or something doing so.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
And Meite?

Those 4 alone would be about 75m, assuming most of Tonali's bonuses would get activated. I'm sure payments can be spread out over a few years though.
Oh yeah, forgot Meite.

Tonali's bonuses will still take some time to activate. Actually does anyone know what are the requirements for the bonuses?

Still hoping Tomori is an 18 month loan but probably not.

Difference is, next season we will have CL money so that will give us a boost. Plus we have barely spent anything this season bar the loan fees and Hauge's transfer.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Today's thoughts:

1. Qaas is a camera? Ash got beaten up by a kangaroo that stole his shrimp? Too many questions.

2. Theo, Rebic and Krunic back is great timing. Very much need the former two for the Atalanta game. Very good news.

3. Nice words by Zukie, glad to have him and Meite. Now Tomori soon TM.

4. Vulture is undeniably the most delusional person I've witnessed. Sometimes maybe right, sometimes maybe wrong - but can't accept the latter ever Zlatan forbid he die or something doing so.

Nobody asked.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
We have a lot of players to buy after their loans end and these tests aint cheap. Gotta stay within budget.

when some loans end (we buy some of the players)... you can start new loans ;)

had his chance, same as silva - looks better when he can play with more space and without much pressure from opponents
with today milan, he could even be ok here (surrounded by runners) but again, ship has sailed.
and something like pace cant be trained - and for today top football, it is important.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Could also be that the test reacted to traces of covid but the virus didn?t manage to intrude into his organism. That?s apparently also one problem why one may be able to infect others even when vaccinated or past an infection.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Matteo Moretto who works alongside Di Marzio for Sky said we've abandoned talks with Barca regarding Firpo cause he doesn't want to move due to his 1 month old baby, so we're looking at other targets now.

Also Odegaard was mentioned a few pages ago, seems like he might be set to join Arsenal on loan

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Junior Firpo to Milan will not happen. Complete collapse in negotiations between Milan and Barca. [@MatteMoretto]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule