The Rumour Commode XXXIII: Loan with Option to Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Without an AM we could also play with Ibra or Leao next to OG in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. I?m convinced we?ll get one but even if not we would have possibilities.
Kess-Ben arent creative or mobile enough to handle a four men midfield.
MR & LM none existing & of low quality.
Wake up , this aint football manager.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Without an AM we could also play with Ibra or Leao next to OG in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. I?m convinced we?ll get one but even if not we would have possibilities.

In the last 15 mins against Salernitana while we're chasing goals? Sure.
It would be a recipe for disaster outside such circumstances.
I think Pioli will try it maybe once or twice from start. Coaches, even the conservative ones, will at some point try to fit in all the big stars somehow - like Allegri early in the 2010-11 season with Ibra, Dinho and Binho. Internal and external pressure probably plays a part. But then it becomes clear even to the blind that it's not a good plan A.

I'm glad Olivier isn't billed up to be a winger, like Mandzukic. At least we won't be seeing that type of atrocity again.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
That moment after Giroud entered the pitch and immediately we linked up well with Krunic and others.
It will just go better and better.
This team once we are gelled, our attack will be very good.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Season starts in 3weeks and couple days

If now is not the time to start mercato stress then when

Mercato ends august 31

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I dont know why most of you think its impossible for Ibra/OG together as a starter.

Remember the glorious Ancelotti Era? he played with two striker/FW most of the time (Sheva/Pippo)(Sheva/Crespo)(Pippo/Gilardino)
get a good AM, play with 3 dynamic CM(s).

It'd be great.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont know why most of you think its impossible for Ibra/OG together as a starter.

Remember the glorious Ancelotti Era? he played with two striker/FW most of the time (Sheva/Pippo)(Sheva/Crespo)(Pippo/Gilardino)

It'd be great.

Ancelotti made a double CF system work with 5 mobile forwards 15 years ago.
That means it would also be great 15 years later with a 195cm tall 40 year old and a 192cm tall 35 year old who are known to possess many great qualities, but mobility isn't one of them.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It'd be great.

The only time we will see Ibra and Giroud together up front is if we're desperate at the end of the game and need to play cross and inshalla.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Not replacing Hakan will hurt us more than Donna.
I would honestly go on with Tata if it meant an AM will join.

To a point I agree. But aguess they see Maignan as a really good gk. Tata was great also! Good point bro.

Milan will replace Hakan. Diaz will not be our starting no.10 Im convinced.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My hope is that Ibra comes to the conclusion that it's in his best interest if he just plays 60 minutes each game and not push himself all the time. That way he can pace himself better and we get to maximize the use out of Giroud. Knowing him though he'll just play every 90 and Giroud will only start when Ibra is injured, suspended or if it's a Coppa game.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
With a mobile team it can work with Ibra dropping off OG.
You would need a destroyer , creative CM , RM & LM ... we have none of those.

Yeah I think it could work like that with Zlatan dropping off quite a bit and then joining attacks late. But the workload on the other players would be insane and as well as those creative players you mentioned you would really want full-backs getting forward and crossing a lot to make the most of OG and Zlatan. We don't really have much of that, and even if we did I would guess Zlatan could only play that way for 45 mins.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OG/Ibra - Leao should offer enough mobility for almost all matches, with OG - Ibra it probably depends on how much they can bind with their presence, but overloading the box with targetmen can also be quite helpfull in situations where the opponent sits back.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
My hope is that Ibra comes to the conclusion that it's in his best interest if he just plays 60 minutes each game and not push himself all the time. That way he can pace himself better and we get to maximize the use out of Giroud. Knowing him though he'll just play every 90 and Giroud will only start when Ibra is injured, suspended or if it's a Coppa game.
Didn't Pioli say something about Ibra realizing he has to pace himself, or was it Ibra himself?

Not too worried. I think Pioli absolutely loves Giroud and will play him a lot.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

It'd be great.

I'm trying to figure out tho how OG/Ibra would be the same as for example Pippo/Sheva. Completely different story. Like been said before: the only time we would see both upfront at the same time is when we are changing in the last 10 min of the game to the old fashioned long ball tactics where we are trying to reach one of those two giants' head upfront. We've seen it several times last season and it was a huge failure. Although there are two of them now.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
With a mobile team it can work with Ibra dropping off OG.
You would need a destroyer , creative CM , RM & LM ... we have none of those.

What ? No
No modern team plays with 2 aging forwards that occupy the same space and role on the pitch at the same time.

People said the same thing about Piatek and Ibra. A two forward formation only works when the second striker is mobile like Rebic and Leao.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Didn't Pioli say something about Ibra realizing he has to pace himself, or was it Ibra himself?

Not too worried. I think Pioli absolutely loves Giroud and will play him a lot.

Ibra says a lot of things and then just does what he feels like. He still shot a couple of penalties even after he admitted that maybe Kessie is better.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only time we will see Ibra and Giroud together up front is if we're desperate at the end of the game and need to play cross and inshalla.

looking forward to this full attacareeee mode where samu castilejo sends 3000 crosses into the box :b:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
What ? No
No modern team plays with 2 aging forwards that occupy the same space and role on the pitch at the same time.

People said the same thing about Piatek and Ibra. A two forward formation only works when the second striker is mobile like Rebic and Leao.

Lukaku and Martinez

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Buy ilicic for 0 and save all the money fir THE player Milan will buy. That is Zaniolo next summer! ��

Also we should secure Belotti for low fee in winter or free fir next summer and buy Scamacca next summer. Milan needs italian players, always.

Akso, we have one really srs and quality future Azzuro here and his name is - GABBIA. Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Pobega, Belotti, Scamacca, Zaniolo... thats the Milan I want to see soon. Maybe even Spinazzola IF Theo is sold for 60/70 mln, which is not impossible (dint shout now Im just realistic)

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buy ilicic for 0 and save all the money fir THE player Milan will buy. That is Zaniolo next summer! ��

Zaniolo is damaged goods, like Conti, Caldara and G Rossi after those back to back ACL injuries.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah if he becomes anything more than average after those ACL injuries, he'd be GOAT material without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule