The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are more reliant on Kjaer if anything.

Theo is important but he isnt as important as Kjaer and Ibra.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

We dont have problems scoring

We average 2 goals a game

We have problems defending

Ergo more reliant on Kjaer shoring up the defense

Without Ibra, Theo and Kjaer, we have problems scoring and defending.

Pioli had to go all out attack for the late equalizer. Tonali out for Diaz.
That's a team that finds it difficult to score. It's very similar to first half of last season. Without Ibra, without Rebic in scoring form, we're back to having Theo as the closest thing to a dependable goalscorer.

There is definitely a shortage of dependable goalscorers in this squad when Ibra's out.
Hakan is important as orchestrator of the attack, but it seems he can't score outside Europa League and at the end of the seasons.
Saele and Samu are the engine of the attack, but they are anything but dependable goalscorers.
Kessie and Bennacer are literally pivotal to this team, but I have my hand ready for a facepalm when they are about to shoot(unless it's a PK from Frank).
Our CBs can't head it into empty nets.

Leao, Hauge and Diaz do have good goals-to-appearance ratio, but they aren't starting material at the moment.

We need a Pazzo/Tomasson type to cover for Ibra.
And for the post-Ibra life we definitely need someone like Thauvin on the right flank to remain a Top 4 team.
He has his limitations. Can't match the intensity of Saele or speed of Rebic, but he's also no Suso. I think he'll score double digits with ease in this team.
He's a bit of a flat-track bully, but you need those for consistent results against the Parmas and Genoas.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
While you are at it...make a chart on how many goals conceded with Kjaer and without Kjaer

Its also about making a chart for the games with Gabbia-Romagnoli (clean sheet vs Fiore, 1 goal vs Celtic, 1 vs Samp) and the last two without Gabbia, forced to move a right back to CB.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Its also about making a chart for the games with Gabbia-Romagnoli (clean sheet vs Fiore, 1 goal vs Celtic, 1 vs Samp) and the last two without Gabbia, forced to move a right back to CB.

And Kjaer-Gabbia

May the chart mayhem begin

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would like a Samu-Saele chart.

Also Hauge-Lmeao

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wow, didn't know this.

Leao gets a pass from now on regarding his poor form. I hope that the club supports him in every way possible. Shit like this can keep you up at night.
Yes he gets a pass from playing.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlikely to happen

For one thing, hes on loan to Genoa

If he can keep it up, we should go for him at the end of the season.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
One thing is for certain

Despite wasting a lot of chances, we dont have problems scoring. We are still averaging 2 goals a game.

Our main issues are not conceding. Hence why a new DM, LB and CB are more important than getting a RW and CF

True point.

We concede (and score) a lot of goals because of Piolo's risk taking approach to the game. We need quality in the back four, as regard to defensive capabilities - Theo gets could get away with being so-so in defense because he's so good in attack, but the CB's and RB must be much better in defense.

I really hate that Milan's conceding so many goals, we are famous for our great defense. I'd be ripping Pioli apart for his tactics if his results weren't so awesome. :D

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Don’t rush him

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If I got attacked by masked thugs no matter my job or salary, I'd probably leave too. Don't blame the players for wanting to as they didn't feel safe and rescinded their contract.

Leao wasn't even present when that incident occurred. He was out injured and exempt from fan criticism at the time according to Sporting fans.

It seems his greedy agent Nelson Almeida tried to take advantage of the bad situation at the club, by unilaterally rescinding the contract of the club's wonderkid to get a great deal for himself and possibly also for Leao.
At least that's who Rafa and his new agent Mendes are blaming it on.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Leao wasn't even present when that incident occurred. He was out injured and exempt from fan criticism at the time according to Sporting fans.

It seems his greedy agent Nelson Almeida tried to take advantage of the bad situation at the club, by unilaterally rescinding the contract of the club's wonderkid to get a great deal for himself and possibly also for Leao.

Ah okay, fair enough. That said, the pressure on him to pay up for that can take it's toll so the same still stands that it likely has some affect on him. At the end of the day though, if it's what is causing him to play like he has the last few games then he shouldn't really be played to begin with. So it either is he shouldn't be played until he's dealt with the issue or he's just not trying hard with his somewhat lazy mentality regardless of the scenario.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

I don't know about the agent situation.

But you don't need to be present or targeted to feel scared about a situation like that. Makes sense to want to leave.

The fans that did this, they're fucking scum of the earth.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
List of Hearings
CAS 2020/A/7054 Sporting Clube de Portugal v. Rafael Alexandre de Coince?ao Leao &
LOSC Lille & FIFA

They are acussing Lille too it seems.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
One thing is for certain

Despite wasting a lot of chances, we dont have problems scoring. We are still averaging 2 goals a game.

Our main issues are not conceding. Hence why a new DM, LB and CB are more important than getting a RW and CF

Its always crucial not to concede & am a fan of building from the back.
However as a collective value you upgrade your weakest link onward to your bench.
As it is the most efficiant position to upgrade , considering we have all of our starters starting , is the RW position.
Sale is a good player but he is our weakest starter.
Having a better RW rotating with Sale will take us the furthest than any other purchase.
Samu isnt someone that should start for us.
After the RW position the vices for Kessie , Ibra , CDs & Theo would be the depth needed to upgrade further more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For Kjaer and Gabbia being out, Romagnoli, Musa and Duarte missing parts or all of preseason our defensive situation is actually not that bad, that‘s really a lot of shit that happened and you cannot have 100 CBs at the club. We don‘t have a single CB who had the chance to stay in perfect rhythm.
A versatile CB would be good in winter though, but just wanted to give some perspective. Weaker Milan sides of past years would probably be near relegation zone with that bad luck.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Does anybody else feel that the Sass game is gonna be exciting? Probably gonna leak some goals, but still win. I can see a 4-2 happening. Hawg for the win

Calabria will probably get a confidence boost and start scoring more. How long have I waited for the day when our FBs are an attacking threat :proud:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For Kjaer and Gabbia being out, Romagnoli, Musa and Duarte missing parts or all of preseason our defensive situation is actually not that bad, that?s really a lot of shit that happened and you cannot have 100 CBs at the club. We don?t have a single CB who had the chance to stay in perfect rhythm.
A versatile CB would be good in winter though, but just wanted to give some perspective. Weaker Milan sides of past years would probably be near relegation zone with that bad luck.

Rino had a lot of bad luck with injuries too. We seem to be haunted

Giampaolo also had the bad luck of being born a moron who thinks he's genius

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
For Kjaer and Gabbia being out, Romagnoli, Musa and Duarte missing parts or all of preseason our defensive situation is actually not that bad, that?s really a lot of shit that happened and you cannot have 100 CBs at the club. We don?t have a single CB who had the chance to stay in perfect rhythm.

You need 4 CB we have 3. Duarte and Musacchio are not countable.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Rino had a lot of bad luck with injuries too. We seem to be haunted

Giampaolo also had the bad luck of being born a moron who thinks he's genius

Allegri had half of his team injured when he failed at Milan, lol.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But you don't need to be present or targeted to feel scared about a situation like that.

True, but I don't think Leao and his agent rescinded the contract and then reaped the benefits of a bosman signing due to concern for his safety.

The Sporting president, who was the instigator of the incident, stepped down after the contract terminations, which convinced players like Bruno Fernandes to return, but Leao's entourage still didn't change their minds.

List of Hearings
CAS 2020/A/7054 Sporting Clube de Portugal v. Rafael Alexandre de Coince?ao Leao &
LOSC Lille & FIFA

Lille profited the most from the unilateral contract termination.
The agent and sign-on fees to Leao and his entourage was probably minuscule in comparison with the transfer fee we paid to Lille.
They should pay.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We put Destro in line-up of the week.

EphEtzZWMAIpA1L.png

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
List of Hearings
LOSC Lille & FIFA

According to the recent Football Italia article they want 28.5m from Lille. They're asking 45m in total compensation between Rafa and Lille.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
True, but I don't think Leao and his agent rescinded the contract and then reaped the benefits of a bosman signing due to concern for his safety.

The Sporting president, who was the instigator of the incident, stepped down after the contract terminations, which convinced players like Bruno Fernandes to return, but Leao's entourage still didn't change their minds.

The benefits of a bosman signing is just the product of the situation, Fernandes made his decisions because he maybe felt more loyalty to the club or simply wasn't afraid (could have been a thousand reasons).

Anyway, this is the most pointless discussion ever. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule