Week 11: Roma vs Milan 31/10/2021 20:45 CEST

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm watching the Ibra penalty and I'm literally in shock as to how there is even controversy.

Ibanez touches the ball everrrrrrrrrrrrr so slightly, but that is after he just hits Ibra. Such a stonewall penalty that I'm literally confused as to how there is even a hint of controversy here.

I'm also tired of what I'm going to call the "Bonetti-style" Milan fan of just saying the opposite of whatever is in Milan's favor, even if it is wrong, to seem "objective."

At least Bonetti, as annoying and truly lacking in charm as he is, gets paid to be an asshat.
Thread mvp

Fuck thebonettis

fuck thomas lemar

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This game should not really have been close. Roma are so bad honestly. They were giving us so much space and were playing so deep. It was atrocious tactics coupled with bad defending and we should have punished them with at least 3 goals.

Our team is so close to being cut throat but that's what is keeping us from being a super topside. I do see progress and hopefully this continues while also cutting out stupid decision plays like Theo's today.

On to Porto where we have to have an unrelenting pressure on them from the first minute.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm watching the Ibra penalty and I'm literally in shock as to how there is even controversy.

Ibanez touches the ball everrrrrrrrrrrrr so slightly, but that is after he just hits Ibra. Such a stonewall penalty that I'm literally confused as to how there is even a hint of controversy here.

I'm also tired of what I'm going to call the "Bonetti-style" Milan fan of just saying the opposite of whatever is in Milan's favor, even if it is wrong, to seem "objective."

At least Bonetti, as annoying and truly lacking in charm as he is, gets paid to be an asshat.

Also, don't get me wrong I thought we dominated the game and won convincingly. Roma only had a chance because of the red. We had a performance similar to the Atleti one where we dominated and even a man down we still mostly had it under control. I can understand that it was annoying of me to mention that I was surprised Maresca didn't overturn the penalty so sorry about fixating on it so much and distracting from the great performance. I just didn't think it's as clear a penalty as you make it out to be, that's all.

He did not get the ball. No angle showed his foot actually getting the ball, what they showed is his foot and the ball going in the same direction. This does not mean he got the ball.

Again don't want to fixate on this, it's a debatable penalty and i'm leaning more towards it being more on the side of no penalty, but you can't say he didn't get a touch. That's just demonstrably false. The argument is was his contact before the touch worthy of a penalty or not. I'm just surprised Maresca didn't choose to punish Ibra.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This game should not really have been close. Roma are so bad honestly. They were giving us so much space and were playing so deep. It was atrocious tactics coupled with bad defending and we should have punished them with at least 3 goals.

Our team is so close to being cut throat but that's what is keeping us from being a super topside. I do see progress and hopefully this continues while also cutting out stupid decision plays like Theo's today.

On to Porto where we have to have an unrelenting pressure on them from the first minute.

I didn't think Roma were bad at all. We just won the midfield. They had a gameplan and for a few moments it worked really well. They were playing deep for a reason and this is also a Mourinho side, not sure what you're expecting. They have fast attackers and wanted to run at us, which happened a few times when they broke our press.

I think Mourinho made a mistake taking out Tammy so early, he would have been very useful after we lost Theo. They basically were in siege mode without a striker. Mourinho burning half his team and playing with only about a dozen players also was in our favor since we could bring on 5 great players while he had to dig through his trash. But Roma played as well as they have been recently (besides Bodo) which was pretty good. Their attack is very good, but Kjaer was immense and Kessie finally woke up and started dominating a game like he used to. Roma were good but we were incredible.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That rui pateicio squat during the goal

fuck thomas lemar
Pose
25060c20918f068fd109423d37a1cfd9.jpg

fuck thomas lemar

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, how on earth was Veretout not sent off for his pathetic kick on Tonali? Says a lot that after the game both sets of fans are absolutely livid at Maresca.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Also, how on earth was Veretout not sent off for his pathetic kick on Tonali? Says a lot that after the game both sets of fans are absolutely livid at Maresca.
A fucking disgusting tackle by Veretout.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't think Roma were bad at all. We just won the midfield. They had a gameplan and for a few moments it worked really well. They were playing deep for a reason and this is also a Mourinho side, not sure what you're expecting. They have fast attackers and wanted to run at us, which happened a few times when they broke our press.

I think Mourinho made a mistake taking out Tammy so early, he would have been very useful after we lost Theo. They basically were in siege mode without a striker. Mourinho burning half his team and playing with only about a dozen players also was in our favor since we could bring on 5 great players while he had to dig through his trash. But Roma played as well as they have been recently (besides Bodo) which was pretty good. Their attack is very good, but Kjaer was immense and Kessie finally woke up and started dominating a game like he used to. Roma were good but we were incredible.

Roma were terrible. We could easily lead them by 4 goals by the time of red card. They barely had ball till that point.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma were terrible. We could easily lead them by 4 goals by the time of red card. They barely had ball till that point.

They didn't want the ball they wanted us to be stretched so they could run. They actually had a couple of chances before we scored, and with better finishing they could have punished us. Not saying they matched our game, we dominated and deservedly won, but Roma didn't lose the game because they were bad, we won because we were so much better.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was Karsdorp on a yellow when he tried to bring down Theo during the counter that led to the penalty? It was strange (and good!) that Theo kept going when he could have easily fallen and sent him off. Karsdorp was also really lucky not to be sent off when he tripped Theo who was on his way to a hype train near the corner flag.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Was Karsdorp on a yellow when he tried to bring down Theo during the counter that led to the penalty? It was strange (and good!) that Theo kept going when he could have easily fallen and sent him off. Karsdorp was also really lucky not to be sent off when he tripped Theo who was on his way to a hype train near the corner flag.

not sure who it was
but also was annoyed for ref not giving there a card

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Silly Mourinho watched some CL matches and thought he can defeat us with pressure and physical play. xD

The only downside of the game is the ex player curse. When will it stop? :head:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, don't get me wrong I thought we dominated the game and won convincingly. Roma only had a chance because of the red. We had a performance similar to the Atleti one where we dominated and even a man down we still mostly had it under control. I can understand that it was annoying of me to mention that I was surprised Maresca didn't overturn the penalty so sorry about fixating on it so much and distracting from the great performance. I just didn't think it's as clear a penalty as you make it out to be, that's all .

Brk, I wasn't referring to you at all with the "annoying fan" comment, just want to be clear.

I'm surprised that you think that wasn't a penalty when Ibanez just hits Ibra though.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brk, I wasn't referring to you at all with the "annoying fan" comment, just want to be clear.

I'm surprised that you think that wasn't a penalty when Ibanez just hits Ibra though.

No worries. I didn?t think it was a clear and unimpeachable penalty, but something like a fifty fifty where it really depends on the refs judgement and it was Maresca. Would be pissed if it was against us and it got awarded.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Excellent away win. Long may this league form continue.

Forza Milan!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Why was Lmeao's goal ruled out? Ibra's Papin style chest pass was awesum... Im more gutted over that more than lmeao having a goal disallowed.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why was Lmeao's goal ruled out? Ibra's Papin style chest pass was awesum... Im more gutted over that more than lmeao having a goal disallowed.

Ibra was a cm offside.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra was a cm offside.

No, no... he looked well on side! I thought the offside which is disputed was on Ibra's own cancelled goal.

Any case, those bastards!

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
No, no... he looked well on side! I thought the offside which is disputed was on Ibra's own cancelled goal.

Any case, those bastards!
Ibra was offside, Leao was well onside. They showed the situation during the match.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra was offside, Leao was well onside. They showed the situation during the match.
Shame... that assist was damn good!

Schedule