Champions League 2011-2012

Who Will Win The 2011-2012 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
lol if arsenal lose to udinese i guarantee fabregas & nasri will be leaving. no cl football = bye bye fabre and nasri lol. as much as i love arsenal as a second team i root for, i would love fabre and nasri at milan so FORZA UDINE!!!!!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol if arsenal lose to udinese i guarantee fabregas & nasri will be leaving. no cl football = bye bye fabre and nasri lol. as much as i love arsenal as a second team i root for, i would love fabre and nasri at milan so FORZA UDINE!!!!!

Arsenal has together with Chelsea always been my favorite English teams, but I would love seeing them get beaten by Udi and miss CL. Not only because I want one or two of their best players cheap but also to make all these EPL fuckheads STFU.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
But if they play with Arsenal against Udinese, they won't be able to play in the CL with Milan until next season.

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Last season I could see Udinese beating Arsenal. As a matter of fact, I'd probably even have put my money of it, since Udinese was one of the best counterattacking teams at the time. But without Sanchez and Zapata? I'm not so sure

But yeah, agree with Bear. Better Arsenal than Bayern I suppose

:lol: and you would have probably lost money, coz Udinese have started last season with 4 defeats in a row!!

Wish they start this season better and eliminate Arsenal!

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
AllTfatChildren: so using your criteria, every other major league in Europe is on the decline apart from the Spanish and Portuguese leagues? And I still think you're missing my point: Galliani's words are taken too literally. You essentially laughed off my point that Serie A is a long fucking way from dropping down to the Dutch league's level, but failed to take note of why that's an unrealistic scenario. Juventus - yes, Juventus - alone won't allow that to happen, as much of a laughing stock as they have been in the last few years.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Forza Udinese! The first match is on my birthday :D I really hope they win and that Toto has an awesome game. It will be very difficult obviously but I think there's a chance.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
AllTfatChildren: so using your criteria, every other major league in Europe is on the decline apart from the Spanish and Portuguese leagues? And I still think you're missing my point: Galliani's words are taken too literally. You essentially laughed off my point that Serie A is a long fucking way from dropping down to the Dutch league's level, but failed to take note of why that's an unrealistic scenario. Juventus - yes, Juventus - alone won't allow that to happen, as much of a laughing stock as they have been in the last few years.

I laughed off the point that Galliani's words didnt have any substance in them and only ulterior motive which your post sounded like. We might not fall to the Dutch but the french?? Maybe. It is a distinct possibility. I didnt get your point on juventus.
And no not all European leagues are on the decline. Especially not on a chronic decline like Serie A. EPL was in a short term decline, yes. But I think City are looking like a very fit team to emulate tottenham's run in UCL at least. Rest of that league's fate will become clear at the end of transfer window. If chelsea are back on their feet they can get back to their old dominance of UCL. French have become better or relatively stayed the same but definitely not declined. They did a good job 2 years back : bordeux and lyon. But they have remained more or less the same. Bundesliga's ascension speaks for itself.
Anyway we will continue this conversation at the end of the upcoming season. :thumbsup:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Arsenal's Udinese Task Eased by Departures
by Martin Laurence at Monday, Aug 8 2011
Champions League third qualifying round draw saw a few high profile ties emerge with the likes of FC Twente v Benfica, Bayern Munich v FC Zurich and Lyon v Rubin Kazan catching the eye. However, the clash of the draw sees Arsenal pit their wits against Udinese after both sides finished fourth in their respective leagues last season.

Arsene Wenger's side may well have a significantly easier affair ahead of them in two weeks time than they would have at the end of last season after Udinese saw three key players leave the club this summer. Arsenal could yet have a number of high profile departures of their own on their hands, with the likes of Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas both linked with moves elsewhere, but the Londoners will no doubt be favourites for the tie.

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/ul6ya5b6f0wfe-bk72mhda/Show/Arsenal-Udinese-Champions-League

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I laughed off the point that Galliani's words didnt have any substance in them and only ulterior motive which your post sounded like. We might not fall to the Dutch but the french?? Maybe. It is a distinct possibility. I didnt get your point on juventus.
And no not all European leagues are on the decline. Especially not on a chronic decline like Serie A. EPL was in a short term decline, yes. But I think City are looking like a very fit team to emulate tottenham's run in UCL at least. Rest of that league's fate will become clear at the end of transfer window. If chelsea are back on their feet they can get back to their old dominance of UCL. French have become better or relatively stayed the same but definitely not declined. They did a good job 2 years back : bordeux and lyon. But they have remained more or less the same. Bundesliga's ascension speaks for itself.
Anyway we will continue this conversation at the end of the upcoming season. :thumbsup:
And that explains the misunderstanding.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
i don't give Udinese any chance, Arsenal always performs well in CL, they always get far
for Udinese it's better to play in EL, there they can win and get some points on the coefficient list for Italy

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Udine are the only serieA team that have ''impressed'' in the pre season no? Beat 2 french teams (marseille and boredux IIRC) and sporting.

I dont think aresnal will trash them but i dont see any chances of udine going forward.

If they do than lolololol @ arsenal, they have the quality on their side by a landslide no doubt. Going out to a team that lost their main 3 players would be hilarious.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besides Cesc, Arsenal will be missing Nasri & Wilshere too I guess. Udinese need to get at least a goal tomorrow and clean sheet would make it better. ;)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Besides Cesc, Arsenal will be missing Nasri & Wilshere too I guess. Udinese need to get at least a goal tomorrow and clean sheet would make it better. ;)

Add RVP to that list for the first leg :)

Udinese have a chance.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Forza Udinese!

Some highlights of their preseason:

3-1 vs Bordeaux

2-1 vs Marseille

2-2 vs Sporting (10-9 on penalties)

Di Natale can beat Arsenal himself :star:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not really.

I know your trying your reverse jinx very hard but i dont really believe in all that.

Arsenal are missing 4 key players and their main goal threat. Udinese have a good chance of coming away with one away goal at the very least and a draw.

Its has to be them unless you want to put your money on FC Zurich :tongue::lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Heard they are not gonna go with a 3-man defence, and are trying something different. Should be interesting.

2 away goals and match on.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
:thumbsup: Strong lineup. I don't know much about the defence though, except that Benatia was good last year.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:star:Doubai:star:

I really hope they hit Arsenal on the counter, Armero and Isla are well capable of it.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His goal against Bordeaux was awesome :thumbsup: Do you know much about him?

I saw him last season in the CL playoffs for Young Boys Bern against Spurs. He was their best player on the night, hes actually a CM/DM but moves around the place like Essien. Hes good in the tackle, loads of stamina and mobility and hes a decent passer of the ball. Imo he can successfully replace Inler in the long run because hes only 23.

Also seen him otherwise for YBB at times and hes always looked like one of their better players. Udinese should be a good step up for him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Doubai has an awesome name :o

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
I saw him last season in the CL playoffs for Young Boys Bern against Spurs. He was their best player on the night, hes actually a CM/DM but moves around the place like Essien. Hes good in the tackle, loads of stamina and mobility and hes a decent passer of the ball. Imo he can successfully replace Inler in the long run because hes only 23.

Also seen him otherwise for YBB at times and hes always looked like one of their better players. Udinese should be a good step up for him.

He sounds great, a typical Udinese signing who could become awesome. Their scouting network really is incredible.

The more I think about the more chance I feel Udinese have of getting good results against Arsenal. They obviously aren't favourites but they have some high quality players, a mix of youth and experience, a good coach, nice organisation and a desire to prove themselves. Anything can happen :D Forza!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Udinese have a good chance of coming away with one away goal at the very least and a draw.

Its has to be them unless you want to put your money on FC Zurich :tongue::lol:

No. And I'm not putting my money on Zurich as well though how are they doing? Bayern is not so good atm. I'm prepared for 2-nd pot.

Schedule