The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
With the emergence of Calabria maybe we see dalot as somebody who can play right and left back and are looking to sell laxalt because of this. The question is why are we hoarding money. I don't believe it is like some have said to balance the books. Because if it was someone would of said that already to relax expectations. I think this is the calm before the storm guys. Maldini and co know what it's going to take to be a top 4 team. I would not be surprised for a last ditched attempt at chiesa.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
With the emergence of Calabria maybe we see dalot as somebody who can play right and left back and are looking to sell laxalt because of this. The question is why are we hoarding money. I don't believe it is like some have said to balance the books. Because if it was someone would of said that already to relax expectations. I think this is the calm before the storm guys. Maldini and co know what it's going to take to be a top 4 team. I would not be surprised for a last ditched attempt at chiesa.

I hope you're right.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Laxalt is getting sold. So no more backup option for Theo Hernandez.
Instead of buying a new left back, they re buying a right back

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So United signed a youngster for 20M, he was a flop and barely player, and they ask 30M?

That's EPL for you. By simply being from there they can double the asking price of any player. Ridiculous

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Looks like Laxalt is getting sold. So no more backup option for Theo Hernandez.
Instead of buying a new left back, they re buying a right back

Dalot is a very unpolished version of Theo by the looks of it with a right foot. He is big strong and is great in attack. Defence is where it looks like he struggles.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Sky: Milan tried for Tomiyasu but there was a great distance with Bologna. Milan are also interested in Ajer and Kabak but no one convinces completely. Milan want to take time and reflect.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This team is only one serious injury away in any department from being fucked.
Ibra injured? Fucked
Kessie or Bennacer injured? Fucked
Romagnoli or Kjaer injured? Fucked
Donnarumma injured? Fucked

This is not a good mercato so far.
The clock is ticking

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Why Milan can't spend money nowadays:

Matri - bought for 11m ?, loaned out a couple of times and finally sold for 1.8m ?.
Bertolacci - bought for 21m ?, loaned out a couple of times and finally his contract ran out.
Bacca - bought for 33.3m ?, loaned out after two years not doing bad at all and finally sold for 7m ? - hilarious.
Luiz Adriano - bought for 14m ? and left FOR FREE after two years.
Gustavo Gomez - bought for almost 10 ?, loaned out a couple of times and finally sold for 1.8m ?
Jose Sosa - bought for 7.5m ?, loaned out and finally sold for 4.75m ?.
Biglia - bought for 19.7m ?, finally left for free after being meh...
Kalinic - bought for 27.5m ? (What the fuck?), loaned out and got sold for 14.5m ?
Rodriguez - bought for 15m ?, loaned out and finally got sold for 3m ?.

Honorable mentions of bad business, high salaries and so on:

Bonucci
Caldara
Silva
Higuain
Laxalt
Piatek
Paqueta
Duarte

Only with Niang and Lapadula we made some solid business in terms of gains. I think Borussia Dortmund had more gains with Dembele alone than AC Milan with every single transfer since 2010.

Nuff said.

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D
Why are people so hung up on Baka
He has been a flop everywhere he went... I would have liked him as a backup but I?m not losing any sleep because of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Krunic never worked in a 2 man midfield. Pioli only used him there in late subs or emergencies. Pioli sees him as a filler, this season he was used as AM and LM. If he trusted the dude as long term CM Kessie would have taken a rest in a game or 2 but he didn't.
I have no reason to believe that changed.
One injury to the CMs and Krunic is all the depth we have left. It's very risky.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Krunic never worked in a 2 man midfield. Pioli only used him there in late subs or emergencies. Pioli sees him as a filler, this season he was used as AM and LM. If he trusted the dude as long term CM Kessie would have taken a rest in a game or 2 but he didn't.
I have no reason to believe that changed.
One injury to the CMs and Krunic is all the depth we have left. It's very risky.

I'm very unimpressed with Maldini if they fail to get another midfielder.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Honestly I would rather sell krunic for 6-8 mill and buy a speculative DM with kessies characteristics with that money.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
If we offered 25 for Fofana and 15 for Tomiyasu, then we have a bit of cash to spend. If there is a sale of Laxalt or Conti on the cards and they're covered with the Dalot loan then we may have a decent chuck of change. I'd still really like another midfielder to come in and a proper vice Ibra, maybe an option at RW but we may need a sale and I'm confident for Hauge.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
This squad is incredibly thin.
You can forget 4th place if no quality signings are made, or if random fodders are brought in just for the sake of quantity.

A starting RB that is better than Calabria/Conti is a must.
A proper (cheap) LB is a must.
Baka is a must.
A starting RW is a must. Saele is a good backup.
A proper (cheap) backup to Zlatan is a must.

I don't mind if we need to skip on buying a CB for this to happen.
We'll soon have Roma and Musa coming back soon anyway and CBs are expensive as fuck.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Jovic hasn't moved yet. Would take him on loan with a huge buy option if Madrid would go for it. Maybe 5 mill loan with 55 mill option. If he flops we send him back. If he plays well we activate the option and we have our CF after ibra.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
You can forget 4th place if no quality signings are made, or if random fodders are brought in just for the sake of quantity.

Baka is a must.

We'll soon have Roma and Musa coming back soon anyway and CBs are expensive as fuck.

To me calabria has played well. It would not send a good message to beach him for no reason. I am leaning more towards a back up at RB. Replacing him for playing well basically tells everyone we don't care how you play if you haven't got a big name.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Someone like Kucka would be really nice as Kessie back up. Cheap, experienced, destroyer in the mid. Don't know if there is someone like that on the market, just thinking out loud.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score

Baka is a must.

I have a clue why your username is bird... :rolleyes:

Jovic hasn't moved yet. Would take him on loan with a huge buy option if Madrid would go for it. Maybe 5 mill loan with 55 mill option. If he flops we send him back. If he plays well we activate the option and we have our CF after ibra.

LOL...

Never ever we will be able spending 55m on one player. Even with CL football.

Further more Real will keep Jovic after sending Mayoral to Rome.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
And always fuck Mirabelli. That shit caused all this when he spent 230M and only two good players. We should have been in CL a long time ago, and now being able to make better signings.

Conti was good too, and Musa still hasnt played in this improved Milan.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
I have a clue why your username is bird... :rolleyes:

LOL...

Never ever we will be able spending 55m on one player. Even with CL football.

Further more Real will keep Jovic after sending Mayoral to Rome.

So if jovic comes here and scores 25 goals as a deputy we won't spend 55 mill. Lol don't be silly.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Brahim, Tonali, Rebic, Hauge, and they say this is a poor mercato. Rnb gonna Rnb.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Brahim, Tonali, Rebic, Hauge, and they say this is a poor mercato. Rnb gonna Rnb.

You know after thinking about it I feel like we need a vice kessie and we would be fine until Jan . We will need to be creative at the striker position but it is what it is.

I really hope Hauge and play right wing. Him and saele are fine. And maybe samu if he decides it's time to play.

Tbh our whole season could depend on somebody like Hauge or saele exploading and becoming the next big thing.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
no, never was, too young and raw, needs a year with primavera
Can we stop with this narrative?

NO ONE NEEDS A YEAR WITH PRIMAVERA. Primavera is a shit show of a competition that only exists because Italian football is a geriaphilic institution.

Kalulu is 19-20 years old, he needs to play against grown men, as do all players his age.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Dalot might end up being the starting RB in the long term.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I would rather sell krunic for 6-8 mill and buy a speculative DM with kessies characteristics with that money.

I don?t even see Krunic as someone who could play in a double pivot. Seems more like a back up to Hakan.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bakayoko is joining Napoli on a dry loan. Milan May have other ideas then if they didn’t want to get him on that type of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule