Milan Legend
Reaction score
EtOJk2SWYAE1_BP

EtOJk2aWgAErtDf

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

This bares out what we saw on YouTube vids of Simakan - ridiculously clean tackling and winning possession.

Those Kabak stats make me even happier we passed. Yes great in air but not much else, couple that with bad attitude - epl can have him.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/3peatMadrid/status/1356264865787088896

This is a good read on how stats-ALONE wont be enough for judging a player.

@Vulture, maybe it would open a new perspective

Stats are really useless for defenders. You can play a perfect game and do absolutely nothing that the stats can show.

This means that when you read a list of defenders ranked according to their stats, you don't see a list of the best defenders, you see a random list with no absolute clue of who's better than who.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/3peatMadrid/status/1356264865787088896

This is a good read on how stats-ALONE wont be enough for judging a player.

@Vulture, maybe it would open a new perspective

Everybody knows stats are not about marking and positioning, nothing new to me.

Also this is the reason multiple times I’ve said that Calabria having many tackles per game does not mean much if you don’t look at other things. I know how to look at stats.

I bet you don’t know any player of this list.

F38B00C1-59E6-4276-BE32-ED488EC3EC0F.jpg

Last edited:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I don?t play in Hungarian national team man.

"I honestly thought that this was your statement"

This sentence uses the verb "to think" in its simple past form, so very likely it's referred to a period of time in the past that started after he read the first line of your post and ended when he read the stuff about Hungarian national team.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Inter? They can't even pay their own players wages. Let alone the transfer fees for players like Hakimi. Their financial problems are so deep that they are probably soon going to be sold anyway.

How would they be able to pay Donna's wages, sign on bonus and Raiolas provision?

---

Donna isn't going anywhere. It's the usual negotiating games of Raiola we're seeing here. In the end he'll remain. No doubt. Literally no one can even afford to make transfers right now. Besides us, lol.

Donna may be a free agent, but with wages, sign on bonus and the usual Raiola provision he'd rapidly become one of the most expensive players available in summer. And I don't see a club desperate enough for a new gk that would pay that.

Donna, Raiola or whoever is at the wheel, don't have the leverage they want us to believe they have if that's really what they are asking for. Raiola may shop around with Donna, but no one is going to pay 10M per annum. Not now.

Current reality aside. That would be the only two viable options in Italy.

I've already said, I can't see Dolla at any other club now beside Milan. He commits to another 5 years in turn they meet in the middle between current offer/demand.

Tell the legendary Raz McMuffin. He's adamant Dolla leaves for free at the end of the seaon.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
you are absolutely delusional if you don't think donnarumma will retire with 1000 plus appearances for milan

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter? They can't even pay their own players wages. Let alone the transfer fees for players like Hakimi. Their financial problems are so deep that they are probably soon going to be sold anyway.

How would they be able to pay Donna's wages, sign on bonus and Raiolas provision?

---

Donna isn't going anywhere. It's the usual negotiating games of Raiola we're seeing here. In the end he'll remain. No doubt. Literally no one can even afford to make transfers right now. Besides us, lol.

Donna may be a free agent, but with wages, sign on bonus and the usual Raiola provision he'd rapidly become one of the most expensive players available in summer. And I don't see a club desperate enough for a new gk that would pay that.

Donna, Raiola or whoever is at the wheel, don't have the leverage they want us to believe they have if that's really what they are asking for. Raiola may shop around with Donna, but no one is going to pay 10M per annum. Not now.

He was hoping (planning) for a different outcome this summber, but covid really fucked up his plans. Now they have to sign for a couple of years and try again another time, but Maldini shouldn't let them sign anything less than a 4 year extension.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Stats are really useless for defenders. You can play a perfect game and do absolutely nothing that the stats can show.

This means that when you read a list of defenders ranked according to their stats, you don't see a list of the best defenders, you see a random list with no absolute clue of who's better than who.

Tackle success % is better to look than tackle number. Because a defenders job is to do things right, whether he tackles much or not. Some players will tackle much but fail in marking and also get dribbled a lot. Tackling more means a player is more aggressive so if you want an aggressive player you look at this, but you get no guarantee he is good without looking at his game with ball (essential for defenders), errors and positioning.

Passing statistics however don?t lie. The easiest way to look at midfielders is their passes. That the first thing I used to look since 2013 and understand their technique.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I have been supporting Juve since I was a child but now the situation is destined to change, I hope Milan will maintain first place in this championship. Fortunately, however, I do not need to change my opinion on Paolo Maldini. I think he was the best left-back to ever play, and Theo Hernandez is one of the excellent ones today in his role. It?s also interesting to note that Theo is Franco-Spanish. He has a dual citizenship just like me.?

As a Serbian-Hungarian, should the double call arrive, which national team will you choose?

?We have already discussed it in the family and our opinion was unanimous, I absolutely want to be a player of the Hungarian national team.?

I was so far into the sentence before I realized it wasn't you talking about yourself and how you used to support Juve. Thought it explained a lot.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good thing Pigeon isn't in charge of the Census, or based on his narrow view of statistics and filtering to fit his agenda, the outcome would be like 500 million people exist on Earth.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Everybody knows stats are not about marking and positioning, nothing new to me.

Also this is the reason multiple times I?ve said that Calabria having many tackles per game does not mean much if you don?t look at other things. I know how to look at stats.

I bet you don?t know any player of this list.

F38B00C1-59E6-4276-BE32-ED488EC3EC0F.jpg

Me: Yo Vulture, maybe less stats

Vulture: here is more stats

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tackle success % is better to look than tackle number. Because a defenders job is to do things right, whether he tackles much or not. Some players will tackle much but fail in marking and also get dribbled a lot. Tackling more means a player is more aggressive so if you want an aggressive player you look at this, but you get no guarantee he is good without looking at his game with ball (essential for defenders), errors and positioning.

Passing statistics however don?t lie. The easiest way to look at midfielders is their passes. That the first thing I used to look since 2013 and understand their technique.

Great so your point is that Calabria will have a low tackle success % because he sucks and is a 2 out of 5. So then why does he have a high tackle success %, literally the highest in Milan?

Edit: If you count Kalulu and Hauge, they have a higher success % than Calabria (52.5%), but Kalulu (57.1%) only has around five 90's played and Hauge for some reason succeeded 100% of his 4 tackles in total.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Vulture going into the office with his stats

giphy.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calabria is a cancer and is 2 out of 5.

Don't look at tackles won per 90 (Calabria is top in Serie A) as that's a bad use of stats. Look at tackle % won.

Calabria is highest in tackles won % in Milan.

What's next?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Calabria is a cancer and is 2 out of 5.

Don't look at tackles won per 90 (Calabria is top in Serie A) as that's a bad use of stats. Look at tackle % won.

Calabria is highest in tackles won % in Milan.

What's next?

giphy.gif

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Our team has become a retirement home. If you can't see talent it's not my fault

our team is a cover operation for a Jeffrey Epstein-esque child trafficking ring led by a guy named Ivan and looked over by a shadowy cabal.

how in the fuck are we a retirement home

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If WhoScored says it, it must be correct and accurate information and statistically infallible, right?

fWNUxbk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule