The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
But isn't that why there are like 5-6 spots each year open for invitations..so clubs that do well domestically would be invited to the ESL and get a bunch of money and if they fail to have the same impact next season, another team will take their place

Yes, but its an open invitation. Its based on nothing and open to interpretation. There is no guarantee that Atalanta winning the Seria A title will get it. They might but its not 100%.

In a few years a rich chinese club might get it before them etc. Open invitation is not based on results but on revenue. Whoever follows bball and Euroleague knows where the problem is.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sure, it's fun when it happens. But it's so extremely rare so you can't base an argument on it. What, we gonna have status quo just so every 15th year some small teams surprise us?

Meh...6 or more games agains Juve and Merda per season wont do anything for me.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Looking forward to that 350m check.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Maldini, Massara and Moncada are probably making lists with all the players we need to sell and buy.

We will get an awesome transfer campaign.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yes, but its an open invitation. Its based on nothing and open to interpretation. There is no guarantee that Atalanta winning the Seria A title will get it. They might but its not 100%.

In a few years a rich chinese club might get it before them etc. Open invitation is not based on results but on revenue. Whoever follows bball and Euroleague knows where the problem is.

basket ball is a shitty sport :o

chinese league has completely fallen apart so that's a bad example, but nonetheless, why would ESL invite a shitty club into the league? The league will want the interest of fans, not lose it.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Maldini, Massara and Moncada are probably making lists with all the players we need to sell and buy.

We will get an awesome transfer campaign.

ESL teams will probably have to vastly overpay for players. Many clubs will surely even refuse to negotiate with ESL clubs. Also Milan are the poorest club of the bunch and will remain so the first few seasons at least.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
basket ball is a shitty sport :o

chinese league has completely fallen apart so that's a bad example, but nonetheless, why would ESL invite a shitty club into the league? The league will want the interest of fans, not lose it.

And what is better than an interest of billions of chinese fans or fans from India, USA, Russia etc? Money and revenue wise they are much more apealing than a club from Bergamo.

You really think a project like this will be limited to Europe in the long run? No way.

I hate competitions where rules are not clear and this is one of them. At least for now.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This is disgusting..Ajax have more CL than jube yet they are not in this ?superleague? for example. Arsenal and Tottenham are a disgrace if you want to talk about history or big clubs. Further more..it would habe been embarassing for us if this would came up 3-4 years ago during our ?best times? because we would got raped every week.

Perez and Agnelli leading this league? Ok this is something else..i hope we will stay out of this in the end. I prefer Serie A, Coppa Italia and small teams Champions League that gives a lot of excitement these days with those ?small teams? that keep surprising

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Imagine participating in something where the hoe agnelli is a vice president. Disgusting

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
If other clubs will lose so much value, does it mean we can buy players like SMS for 5 million

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
And what is better than an interest of billions of chinese fans or fans from India, USA, Russia etc? Money and revenue wise they are much more apealing than a club from Bergamo.

You really think a project like this will be limited to Europe in the long run? No way.

I hate competitions where rules are not clear and this is one of them. At least for now.
I don't know but you think Chinese and Indians are supporters of their domestic clubs or European clubs? They have no football culture in those countries.

It would be fun to invite great south american teams to the competition in the future. We don't know much about the competition as of right now, so I won't comment on the rules being set or not.

Perez and Agnelli leading this league? Ok this is something else..i hope we will stay out of this in the end. I prefer Serie A, Coppa Italia and small teams Champions League that gives a lot of excitement these days with those ?small teams? that keep surprising

Perez at least makes sense as the first chairman. But I think all decisions will be taken by the founding clubs together.

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score
its basically a franchised league formed by greedy owners. makes the rest of the world irrelevant, feeder clubs for the franchised teams. a slap in the face of the sport, fans, players and clubs worldwide except for a chosen few.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Bayern munich will be our feeder club

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Lol if you think the domestic leagues will not let us play. For our club this is the best thing ever. Able to compete with the financial might of the rest and also have a system that is good that we have implemented over the past few years. We have managed to sign kessie Jenna and tomori with nothing. 350 mill. And I am sure the JP and the singers are mates and the singers will not want to disappoint by bringing a shit the into the super League. As for the players. National Res do. It pay wages.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Seriously how many people are for this if it means that we dont play Seria A?

if clubs will get kicked from domestic competition they can create better soccerLeague
with more games (playing x4 times against each) and voila - football version of nba.

7 from 12 owners are not related with countries the clubs are playing in
mu(usa), arsenal(usa), chelsea(rus), city(asia), lpool(usa), milan(usa), inter(asia)
does barca even want to play in spanish league since announced independence

soccerLeague with owners like mu or arsenal where clubs pay money from incomes to owners rather than proper invest - :lol::lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
its basically a franchised league formed by greedy owners. makes the rest of the world irrelevant, feeder clubs for the franchised teams. a slap in the face of the sport, fans, players and clubs worldwide except for a chosen few.

I don't understand. "rest of the world" are already irrelevant feeder clubs.

people are so quick to judge this out with the lamest arguments... it's one of the reasons to why I'm a little positive to it.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I love change, I love thinking outside the box. I love it when revolutionary things happen.

Embrace it instead of thinking it's the end of the world.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
@FabrizioRomano
Official: Borussia Dortmund have just announced that they?re *not* joining the #SuperLeague. #BVB

?The clubs wants to implement the planned reform of the UEFA Champions League. The plans to found a Super League have been rejected?, BVB CEO Watzke said.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I don't understand. "rest of the world" are already irrelevant feeder clubs.

people are so quick to judge this out with the lamest arguments... it's one of the reasons to why I'm a little positive to it.
Its the only reason. You like being on the opposite side of anything.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Its the only reason. You like being on the opposite side of anything.

That's true and false. I don't do it just because, I just have an open mind to things and try to look at what's beyond what may seem "obvious" to people.

Like I said before, I don't have a clear stance regarding this Super League, as I don't know enough about it. But I don't judge it as a catastrophe that will end football either like many are doing. That's the fear of change and unknow talking in people.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
@FabrizioRomano
Official: Borussia Dortmund have just announced that they?re *not* joining the #SuperLeague. #BVB

?The clubs wants to implement the planned reform of the UEFA Champions League. The plans to found a Super League have been rejected?, BVB CEO Watzke said.

bitches

well we take back the invitation anyway, and will take Haaland from you.

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score
"I don't understand. "rest of the world" are already irrelevant feeder clubs."
at least they had the chance for fairytale stories.atalanta, ajax, porto and the rest consistently knocks out bigger clubs from cl. they wont even compete let alone knocking out anyone. this makes the sport uninteresting for me.
we can play shit for years domestically and in the esl, go through real bad stints cause it happens. guess what even this case we will not knocked out of esl cause whe had the money and fanbase to buyin in the first place. its everything i want sports not to be.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
cant wait for commercial changes in soccerLeague since its owned by clubs
it will be for better experience of fans of course.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Super League can easily backfire. The same teams playing against each other can become repetitive and boring. People already complain that it?s the same games in CL.

It?s already clear which teams will be at the top. Some teams will participate and get trashed every week. This will only increase the gap between the bottom and top teams. Especially in fandom.

None participating teams, fans or countries will all hate this idea because they are left out.

I always liked the cl format, even the early games. It?s the whole journey that makes you love the team. It?s more likeable and satisfying to earn your succes. Being guaranteed of a spot and fail every year makes you a joke team. I doubt you will get many new fans like this.

I was always for the super league, but this just doesn?t sound like the right way. It?s not interesting enough.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if clubs will get kicked from domestic competition they can create better soccerLeague
with more games (playing x4 times against each) and voila - football version of nba.

7 from 12 owners are not related with countries the clubs are playing in
mu(usa), arsenal(usa), chelsea(rus), city(asia), lpool(usa), milan(usa), inter(asia)
does barca even want to play in spanish league since announced independence

soccerLeague with owners like mu or arsenal where clubs pay money from incomes to owners rather than proper invest - :lol::lol:

Especially it also gives an opportunity to break up the strict national systems, you can have a south-central European group with teams from Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Czechia. Croatia, Serbia ... for example and play in Milan, Turin, Z?rich, Vienna, Prague, Belgrade, Zagreb ... doesn't sound that bad.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
That's true and false. I don't do it just because, I just have an open mind to things and try to look at what's beyond what may seem "obvious" to people.

Like I said before, I don't have a clear stance regarding this Super League, as I don't know enough about it. But I don't judge it as a catastrophe that will end football either like many are doing. That's the fear of change and unknow talking in people.
That was a joke.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Well these last 20 pages were a fun read :lol:

I'm on the fence. On one hand, it's a big deserved and much needed fuck you to FIFA/UEFA, things clearly need to change and their "CL restructure" isn't an answer. Financially it's massive especially for such a club as ourselves and the position any potential buyer can find themselves in.

On the other hand, being handed it based on merit with no relegation for the founders will get boring after a couple years it seems seeing teams play for nothing in the end, since if you end last it doesn't even matter. Then a team such as Tottenham? What merit? Some other clubs are well more deserving. Maybe if they introduce a second tier with those clubs and add more deserving ones like Porto, Ajax, some French/German clubs with history then it'll make more sense and appeal to me more long-term. I can see more clubs wanting to join down the line.

The big question is how far UEFA's threats of not allowing Super League teams into their domestic league goes. If it's actually a thing, then we'll only have midweek games and domestic leagues will suffer. As someone said, viewership and fanbase numbers for these 12 clubs make up a majority share. Add in Bayern, BVB, PSG in the mix down the line and then those leagues and European competitions become worthless. Stripping clubs of titles doesn't affect history, it just makes them not want to join back at any point. If this Super League can be financed this way, what's to say the backers/someone else can't just create a new domestic league system as well? Or a new international team competition? So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule