Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Do Carlo first then i do Pep :o
It isnt about the cost , Messi , Xavi , Iniesta , Puyol , Busq didnt cost shit.
We should be talking about quality regardless of the cost.
Carlo had equally if not better squad than Pep.
Milan with Nesta-Maldini > Barca's Messi.

In a place where Carlo excel , the CL , Pep is equal in trophies.
Now Pep excel in leagues & Carlo is a joke there.
There is no comparison , mention both outside Milan & you are a laughing joke.

Nobody on any of Carlo's Milan teams is considered the GOAT.
You can make a case for Maldini/Nesta being GOAT defenders. I certainly won't argue, but in the GREATEST PLAYERS of all time neither will be top 5.

Messi on the other hand is in the GOAT discussion. Personally I would place him below Pele, Maradonna and R9 because they weren't born into the perfect storm of football convenience that he had.

Once Pep wasn't manging a team with Messi, he has not won the CL.
It didn't matter if it was a team that JUST won the CL like Bayern
OR a team that was packed with super expensive super talented players
He has been getting his shit kicked in with teams that have their budget in the billions.

Like I said, he's the P!rlo of coaches until he can win something without Messi...and even then I don't think he's some kind of magical coach by virtue of the sheer amount of money he's spent.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
One thing that is different from Pep City teams compared to other big clubs is their transfer policy. They make multiple transfers of 40-50 mil in young players instead of Real/Barca/PSG strategy of going after these giant 100-150 million transfers. They take chances on 20-21 year olds instead of guaranteed quality of a 26 year old with proven track record. For this you must have a manager that can develop young talent. Pep has flaws but one thing he is good at is developing young talent.

That's not really accurate. Yes, they don't make 100-150m transfers, but plenty of 50+ transfers and on proven players like De Bruyne, Gundogan, Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker etc.

That's the best strategy, to get proven players that are relatively young (23-26) + mixed with some younger talents, but you need to splash serious cash, which they have.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Gabbia?s performances have been on par with the performances of the 3 other CBs.
He is the youngest of 4 and needs some support.

He has played 112 minutes in the last 10 games (after gis recovery)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kaka on AC Milan's Twitch livestream:

On Milan's season and road to Champion's League spot: “I’m sorry to be the last AC Milan scorer in the Champions League, but on the other hand I like it because it’s always a good memory. I can’t wait for Milan to come back, to cheer you on, to win one more. We are very close, there are four difficult games left and there is the very important match against Pirlo’s Juve. Milan are capable, they can win against Juve can return to the Champions League. This is what I hope and what all the fans are hoping for.”

On Juventus-Milan: “If Zlatan plays, who has had an important season, it’s up to him to take the victory against Juve and bring this team to the Champions League. Ibra-CR7 comparison? I see a match between two teams that have great talent, great players; the two will be protagonists, but there are many external ingredients that will charge the two teams.”

On the Milan project: “This year I was able to see many matches, not just Milan which is my priority. I saw a really nice team, which started the season very strong; it’s normal for the young age of the team to lose a little to the end. Now it takes a little more experience, with those players like Ibra who can give support to young people: in our Milan there was this mix of youth and experience. I see a very strong team: I’m happy for Ibra and for Maldini, who is working not only for the present but also for the future. Pioli is very good, because he is knowing how to take the best out of every player. Now we are at the decisive moment: we hope they will be able to bring out the best for this purpose season.”

On being an example: “I am very happy to be one for everyone, both for those who want to be footballers and for those who want to make their dreams come true. It fills me with pride: my history with Milan is truly a unique thing, I sleep happy to be able to pass on to these guys what I have experienced. I miss you very much, I love you, I hope to be able to return to Italy soon to watch the matches at San Siro with you.”

On being a symbol of Milan: “I can’t put into words what it means. As the years go by, you can feel a little more what you experienced. When I watch the games I say ‘One day this city was ours’. it was a very special moment in my life.”

On his memories of Juventus-Milan: “My first Juve-Milan in Turin, the year in which we won the Scudetto. There are others: the one at San Siro in which I scored an overhead kick, there is that of Cannavaro’s foul with which we could have won the league. I have good memories, playing this match has always been an immense pleasure.”

A final greeting: “Forza Milan always! Good luck for the boys for Juventus. We hope to see them soon in the Champions League.”

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreement in principle confirmed between Milan and Maignan!
Rossonero club are also in advanced talks with LOSC, and the deal could close around 15M ? .

Milan will sign him if Donnarumma does not renew his contract.

[@RMCsport ]

As much as I want Donna to be here forever, this would be a great replacement for a very good price.

I rate Sarri. Would love to see him succeed Pioli.
But why would you hire him if you just renewed with Ibra?
He does not like to bend over to superstars and enable passengers at the front.
And what is he expected to build if the superstar, that wants every attack to be dictated by him, is injury-prone and will go in an out of the squad throughout the season?

Sounds like recipe for disaster that makes his Juve spell seem well-planned in comparison.

He made Higuain the best striker in Serie A. And Ibra likes to be involved in the play, I think they would work fine together.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
That's not really accurate. Yes, they don't make 100-150m transfers, but plenty of 50+ transfers and on proven players like De Bruyne, Gundogan, Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker etc.

That's the best strategy, to get proven players that are relatively young (23-26) + mixed with some younger talents, but you need to splash serious cash, which they have.
Yes they are somewhat proven, just not at other big clubs. Even though they have the cash they seem to not go after established stars from big clubs. That's probably up to Pep I guess, probably easier to mold younger players to his style. I guess both strategies have their merits, Real have been successful at splurging on big transfers while Barca and United have failed miserably at it.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m tired of changing managers like we are Inter pre-Mancini.

Invest in the fucking players and depth Pioli’s system needs to operate at its highest level and be patient with him.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Hey Vulture

@davidecalabria2 in Serie A this season:

➤ Most tackles (83)
➤ Most tackles in defensive 3rd
➤ 3rd most tackles to regain possession
➤ 2nd in successful pressures
➤ 3rd in progressive passes completed
➤ 6th in passes into the final third

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
rsz-20210506-140736.jpg

italian police

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali ?35M
Krunic ?8M
Duarte ?12M

Andre Silva-Rebic Swap

Sold Paqueta

Rejected an offer for Krunic
A Calabria Fan
Made Milan a joke with Mandzukic

Hired Giampaolo & Pioli

All great moves.

Giampaolo wasn't him it was Leo. Mandzu, cheapest available back up for ibra.

Tonali is a better signing than Leao this season

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Hey Vulture

➤ Most tackles (83)

Yeah, and his dribbling & progress data is comparable with CBs. So are his goals & assists. His pass accuracy is lowest from our FBs. His aerial game is comparable with wingers.
Then what about his recovery pace and blocks?

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
All your data here is about tackles and pressures. Nobody said he didn’t do well in this.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They are. Ask Taura.

Dissappearing? Ask Pioli why he changed his position.

Because fucking Ibra was injured and he's the most suited as a striker. When Calabria played DM this season, he actually had a great game.

And thats a lot more of a move going from RB to DM than going from wing to Forward, Which mind you, was his main position prior to Milan.

Calhanoglu played out of position for like 2 years here

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hey Vulture

➤ Most tackles (83)

There is an argument to be made that he has been our best and most consistent player this season AFTER God King Kessie.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Because fucking Ibra was injured and he's the most suited as a striker. When Calabria played DM this season, he actually had a great game.

And thats a lot more of a move going from RB to DM than going from wing to Forward, Which mind you, was his main position prior to Milan.

Calhanoglu played out of position for like 2 years here

Play Saele and Hakan CF then and treat them like Leao.

To think Tonali has done well you must be stupid.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Nobody on any of Carlo's Milan teams is considered the GOAT.

You can make a case for Maldini/Nesta being GOAT defenders. I certainly won't argue, but in the GREATEST PLAYERS of all time neither will be top 5.

Messi on the other hand is in the GOAT discussion. Personally I would place him below Pele, Maradonna and R9 because they weren't born into the perfect storm of football convenience that he had.

Once Pep wasn't manging a team with Messi, he has not won the CL.

It didn't matter if it was a team that JUST won the CL like Bayern

OR a team that was packed with super expensive super talented players

He has been getting his shit kicked in with teams that have their budget in the billions.

Like I said, he's the P!rlo of coaches until he can win something without Messi...and even then I don't think he's some kind of magical coach by virtue of the sheer amount of money he's spent.
Nesta-Maldini's team 》 Messi's.
This is a team sport.
I cant believe you are arguing that point.

Pep is the most innovative & influential coach of the current era.
How come no other team won 14 titles in such short time & in such dominant way ? Coincidence ?
Messi's team turn to the most boring team as soon as he left.
If Messi was it then how come he didnt pull it off before or after Pep ?
Tiki taka is all Pep & players including Messi were soldiers with insane dedication.

So the above is a coincidence , ok.
Pep go to Germany & woush , German national team adopt his style , his Bayern players & win world cup.
Pep go to EPL & by an insane coincid3nce England national team present the best team they ever had since forever , again his players , his style.

The above isnt me saying , its things i have read from officials from those countries.

Majority of his players give their best years with Pep , they were never better before or after & that include Nessi , Inie , Xavi & now Kevin , Aguerro , Mahrez , Stones , .....

All the above is coincidence ?

But lets say that Pep is a league coach & not CL ... do this make him any less of a coach ?
Who made the CL the benchmark ?
Now think that i always said league is a much bigger indication of the quality of the team/coach than the CL then you know that even if its true that Pep dominate leagues only then wouhou for me.

Ps : Pep made City's bench better than starters.
Ps #2 : elite teams dreams of Pep.
Do you know any big club dreaming of Carlo ?

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing at all. I'm sayin that Calabria's ceiling is Oddo (who was great) not Cafu

I'm in agreement last year. But after his improvements this season, I can't really gauge his ceiling IMO. Because he's improved some things that I didn't think were possible.

If he reaches Oddo level of passing tho, that would be fine

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, and his dribbling & progress data is comparable with CBs. So are his goals & assists. His pass accuracy is lowest from our FBs. His aerial game is comparable with wingers.
Then what about his recovery pace and blocks?

LOL

Did you watch the game against Sassuolo?

Did you not notice that all our attacks aim at Theo, and the amount of times Calabria was open on the right for an overlapping run but we didnt make the pass?

Our style of play is what causes him to have less goals and assists.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
LOL

Did you watch the game against Sassuolo?

Did you not notice that all our attacks aim at Theo, and the amount of times Calabria was open on the right for an overlapping run but we didnt make the pass?

Our style of play is what causes him to have less goals and assists.

Why should they pass to somebody who can?t run with the ball and dribble shit?

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Fuck Ceferin, if we didn't kneel before the mob right away, it's even more embarrassing to do it now, I say stand your ground.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
It seems that Thauvin will go to Tigres in Mexico. Gignac played there. Ikone is far better fit IMO, but Thauvin is free agent.
Abraham? He is expensive af. Better buy Patson Daka.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Taura’s logic:

Samu has more pressures than the other Milan players.

Samu is Milan’s best player.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
It seems that Thauvin will go to Tigres in Mexico. Gignac played there. Ikone is far better fit IMO, but Thauvin is free agent.
Abraham? He is expensive af. Better buy Patson Daka.

Thauvin ?5M salary in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule