The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well i guess its time to start training with less intensity.

Just netflix and chill....

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli on Leao: “Tomorrow he will not be there, he will return against Roma. Tomorrow there will be no Ibra due to an overload in the knee.”

This was bound to happen. And before someone says "you can't go with Zlatan and Giroud as your main CF options": We have also out Rebic and Leao who are way younger and yet injured. And Giroud who has already missed half as much games with Milan in three months as he missed with Chelsea in three years.

Fucking injuries everywhere in our squad. I'm not afraid of Piolis coaching or the quality of our squad. What terrifies me is that this injury crisis doesn't end. If the argument is "let's reevaluate Piolis and his staffs work from a fitness POV" I'm all aboard tho. Never said differently.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This was bound to happen. And before someone says "you can't go with Zlatan and Giroud as your main CF options": We have also out Rebic and Leao who are way younger and yet injured. And Giroud who has already missed half as much games with Milan in three months as he missed with Chelsea in three years.

Fucking injuries everywhere in our squad. I'm not afraid of Piolis coaching or the quality of our squad. What terrifies me is that this injury crisis doesn't end. If the argument is "let's reevaluate Piolis and his staffs work from a fitness POV" I'm all aboard tho. Never said differently.
What gets me is how there - publically at least - has been zero movement or talk from the club on this to investigate. It's always some arbitrary working hard in training or 2 games a week excuse. But... other clubs do the same and aren't having such a shitshow of it?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Investigations conclusion: the players are injury prone

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Rebic missed half of last season too through injury so his injury proneness is not exactly a surprise either.

Fact is, we decided to go with a 40 yr old Ibra as a first choice option and then went and bought a 35 yr old Giroud as his backup and a 20 yr old perma crock in Pellegri as theirs. So, if anyone is to blame its Maldini and the management.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Rebic missed half of last season too through injury so his injury proneness is not exactly a surprise either.

Fact is, we decided to go with a 40 yr old Ibra as a first choice option and then went and bought a 35 yr old Giroud as his backup and a 20 yr old perma crock in Pellegri as theirs. So, if anyone is to blame its Maldini and the management.
[Ikita]no no no bro don't blame Maldini don't be an Inter fan [/Ikita]
I dunno how saying obvious shit like the post above has suddenly become a hate crime :rolleyes:

The facts is that we always needed a proper RW (Messias and Saele are great for backup but we need ppl to put up numbers) and CF.
Pellegri was too much of a gamble.

Also....where are our wonderkids from the Primavera? Surely we have someone at least on Cutrone's level or something? Some kid who would run himself into the ground to impress the coach? That's all I'm asking for.

Honestly seeing Krunic starting for us is getting depressing. He's not a bad player just painfully mediocre.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[Ikita]no no no bro don't blame Maldini don't be an Inter fan [/Ikita]
I dunno how saying obvious shit like the post above has suddenly become a hate crime :rolleyes:

The facts is that we always needed a proper RW (Messias and Saele are great for backup but we need ppl to put up numbers) and CF.
Pellegri was too much of a gamble.

Also....where are our wonderkids from the Primavera? Surely we have someone at least on Cutrone's level or something? Some kid who would run himself into the ground to impress the coach? That's all I'm asking for.

Honestly seeing Krunic starting for us is getting depressing. He's not a bad player just painfully mediocre.

It is fucking annoying how you always put yourself in the role of a victim before you express your opinion.

How about expressing your opinion without "but then people hate me when I say it" in the same sentence? This is a fucking discussion board! For every opinion I express there are as many people agreeing as disagreeing! You included! Do you see me crying a river because of that?

Just state your god damn opinion and be braced to discuss it with people who might or might not agree ffs :D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

200.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
They got their chances to prove themselves in the past few weeks and they failed to fill in for our injured players. Florenzi did well, but we had kalulu for that position either ways.
Anyways it seems like most of you guys will be happy with a top 4 finish. So be it I guess
I think top 4 finish is the minimum objective. With our injury situation currently it can be our only realistic one unless something drastically changes.

As for the replacements, the problem is the scale of the injury crisis. If Florenzi, for example, was coming in to deputize, and the nucleus of the team was still intact, then we could judge his performances a bit more rationally. But when Florenzi or FBT come in they come into an already decimated first XI, which is struggling in all areas of the field. Of course, FBT's limitations will be brutally exposed in that context, considering he is a player with limitations.

The crux of the issue for me isn't the mercato--it's our management of injuries. And for that Pioli does need to offer more than platitudes and vague plans to fix the issue. At least behind the scenes if not to us. If by February players keep dropping despite us playing once a week, then no matter who we keep adding to this butcher shop it will make little difference. We have been chronically deprived of seeing something resembling our ideal first XI. It's ridiculous.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic's major injury last year was a freak accident from dislocating his elbow. Acting like anyone saw him as some injury prone player is unfair.

Leao wasn't injury prone either, though I may be mistaken.

Pellegri was a gamble. Didn't pay off. Not a big deal.

Florenzi was really good against Napoli. He's done well at RB. Messias was the only attacking player trying anything, it didn't work, but he's doing attacking things. People said he played like Suso, but at least he works hard and tries different things.

Brahim can't pass. The boy cannot pass the ball. Krunic can pass the ball, he's strong, he gets stuck in. I'd play him as our CAM, until Brahim gets his shit together. I'd rather play Daniel than Brahim. I'm not even joking. At least Daniel will get stuck in, and it was his physicality that got us our equalizer against Udinese.

I'm not as confident as @brk that Belotti is 100% coming. If he does, I hope he becomes a 50 goal a game striker, but I think another striker comes in, but in the summer. I am not 100% sure that Ibra gets renewed, because Ibra has publicly asked for it, when he tends not to do those things. But I think the striker situation will be a summer thing.

Omeragic seems to be the guy. I don't know why there aren't lazy reports of him being the target when he was literally at the stadium. Makes no sense to me.

Whatever the case may be, the medical and training staff need to be evaluated. Pioli is loyal to them, and it's fucking him, and us. Injuries do happen, and Kjaer's injury is something that happens to all players, at all levels. Those you can't control. But fucking calf, flexor, hamstrings and shit? Yes, they can be troublesome, as I'm dealing with them now--but I'm not getting stem cells injected into my body and I don't have access to an MRI machine in my house.

The routine injuries are so numerous that it is clearly a systemic problem, and Pioli needs to face that fact. He's done an amazing job, and tactically, he's smarter than I thought he was, but Jesus is he terrible at this physical side. Which is something that Conte, Klopp, Carlo, and many of the elite managers take seriously. It is what separates good from great.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The new stadium will get us around 40m more a year in revenues.

That’s about one quarter of what we pay in salaries now. We already reduced our salaries by a significant amount each year, and increasing our match day revenues by 40m is a huge step forward. By that time once we’ve won and been in the CL consistently we’ll also see our sponsorship and brand awareness skyrocket because of the potential we have as a historical team.

This is the 5 year plan, the ‘project’. Keep building slowly so that we can arrive at the stadium in 2027 with a great and winning team with most players in their prime.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think top 4 finish is the minimum objective. With our injury situation currently it can be our only realistic one unless something drastically changes.

As for the replacements, the problem is the scale of the injury crisis. If Florenzi, for example, was coming in to deputize, and the nucleus of the team was still intact, then we could judge his performances a bit more rationally. But when Florenzi or FBT come in they come into an already decimated first XI, which is struggling in all areas of the field. Of course, FBT's limitations will be brutally exposed in that context, considering he is a player with limitations.

The crux of the issue for me isn't the mercato--it's our management of injuries. And for that Pioli does need to offer more than platitudes and vague plans to fix the issue. At least behind the scenes if not to us. If by February players keep dropping despite us playing once a week, then no matter who we keep adding to this butcher shop it will make little difference. We have been chronically deprived of seeing something resembling our ideal first XI. It's ridiculous.
Management is probably happy with another top 4 finish. But they'll need to make additions in January so they don't put that at risk either.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Omeragic seems to be the guy. I don't know why there aren't lazy reports of him being the target when he was literally at the stadium. Makes no sense to me.
It’s really strange. They’ll come up with all sorts of weird reasons to link us to players for clicks, but this is an actual good reason and there almost no noise. Weird.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
It is fucking annoying how you always put yourself in the role of a victim before you express your opinion.

How about expressing your opinion without "but then people hate me when I say it" in the same sentence? This is a fucking discussion board! For every opinion I express there are as many people agreeing as disagreeing! You included! Do you see me crying a river because of that?

Just state your god damn opinion and be braced to discuss it with people who might or might not agree ffs :D
That's not what I'm doing. If I come off that way then I apologize.
But I am responding to ikita trying (and failing spectacularly) to paint me as some kind of fake because I've been pointing out shit that I both predicted and am seeing coming true.

I think that to assume that you're criticizing something or someone because either 1) you hate him/it or 2) you want to be an "I-told-you-so" is misguided at best.
So I gotta defend myself at the very least.

The other thing is that while a lot of the shit that has happened to us is unfortunate....a lot of it could have been preventable. Getting a proper RW should have been the priority even before THINKING of ppl like Pellegri, Florenzi and Messias. Only the latter has been useful....but if we had a proper RW, it would have been a fantastic contingency for the issues we are facing with Brahim's form and the injury crisis. I'm not sure how else to express this basic principle.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I frankly agree with Pioli that we actually played some of our best football this season against Napoli. Finally we had some fluidity.

I saw Sacchi actually said we're no longer a team, I think that's accurate after many of the former games, but it would have been hailed as a masterpiece game if we had been lucky and won 2-1. The injury crisis is the reason for our terrible form, pure and simple. It destroys continuity and puts too much on those remaining, in the end we're disjointed.

Not that the sky is blue and all is well, but I don't think we've lost our mojo completely. A win against Empoli however it happens should be enough to start anew in 2022. Regain Leao and Rebic and sign a few healthy boys in the window.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Ibra wasn't first choice. Rebic was then Giroud. Ibra was going to be our gambit player for big moments. But as we know San Siro grass.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Brahim gets into form during AFCON, then I start Krunic next to Tonali, over Bakayoko, no joke.

Adli is clearly the CAM-in-waiting. Reports that we want him to cover for Bennacer and Kessie shows how stupid some journalists are. If Adli comes back, he is our CAM.

Faivre, if he comes, will rotate along the line, but I imagine he would come to play RW when Adli comes back. His versatility is huge, but I doubt we bring him in. I hope we do, but if we don't, a 6 month loan of a CAM will help. Meite did a good job of filling in last year at CM, and it earned him a good move. If Faivre comes, I think we let Messias go in the summer, let him get a longer term deal elsewhere, with Alexis as the backup, and Kessie replaced by Pobega.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But I am responding to ikita trying (and failing spectacularly) to paint me as some kind of fake because I've been pointing out shit that I both predicted and am seeing coming true.

I think that to assume that you're criticizing something or someone because either 1) you hate him/it or 2) you want to be an "I-told-you-so" is misguided at best.
So I gotta defend myself at the very least.

The other thing is that while a lot of the shit that has happened to us is unfortunate....a lot of it could have been preventable. Getting a proper RW should have been the priority even before THINKING of ppl like Pellegri, Florenzi and Messias. Only the latter has been useful....but if we had a proper RW, it would have been a fantastic contingency for the issues we are facing with Brahim's form and the injury crisis. I'm not sure how else to express this basic principle.

Fair enough. I think you got what I meant.

For the RW part. I think the main target was Faivre. But then the kid bottled his own move. Messias was never the n1 target IMO. Anyway, after already spending 60M on Tomori, Maignan and Tonali and with no incoming money from Dollarumma and Hakan, our campaign was destined to be made of trying to find the smart, low-cost-deals. There still were just too many holes to fill and yes, RW was one of them, maybe even the most glaring. But we have Saele there and Castillejo didn't want to move so it didn't made it easier to find a proper RW upgrade on a retricted budget.

Messias getting injured right after the Atalanta win obviously was another case of fuck those injuries to hell.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Insigne tested postive for covid. Other teammates will probably pop up positive too.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leaf, you say things that annoy me. But you are capable of being so gracious. When I read a post like that from you, I just go to my screen:

you-robert-de-niro.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Brahim gets into form during AFCON, then I start Krunic next to Tonali, over Bakayoko, no joke.

Adli is clearly the CAM-in-waiting. Reports that we want him to cover for Bennacer and Kessie shows how stupid some journalists are. If Adli comes back, he is our CAM.

Faivre, if he comes, will rotate along the line, but I imagine he would come to play RW when Adli comes back. His versatility is huge, but I doubt we bring him in. I hope we do, but if we don't, a 6 month loan of a CAM will help. Meite did a good job of filling in last year at CM, and it earned him a good move. If Faivre comes, I think we let Messias go in the summer, let him get a longer term deal elsewhere, with Alexis as the backup, and Kessie replaced by Pobega.
If Krunic is getting normal minutes then they're screwed lol.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Krunic is getting normal minutes then they're screwed lol.
Krunic started our season at CM and did well, before he got hurt. He's been played as a fucking striker this season, and has done as best as could be expected.

Krunic as a backup is a useful player to have.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic started our season at CM and did well, before he got hurt. He's been played as a fucking striker this season, and has done as best as could be expected.

Krunic as a backup is a useful player to have.
As a back up sure, but I hope they bring in a mid in January to replace Bennacer & Kessie.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Juventus strike back.
Inter is guilty though

Milan are operated by the most professional scavenger who turns scraps into a seemingly gold (or an actual gold) for decades.
Creative accounting must be first on their play book :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule