The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Scamacca is a moron for signing that extension. Unless Napoli sell Osimhen, there is no market for him in Italy because Inter don't have money and everyone else is set at striker.

A big part of transfer success with young players isn't just scouting, but development. Leao, Bennacer, Theo, Kalulu, Tomori, they all had great talent when they came here, but you can see their development and growth.

Scamacca is tying himself to Sassuolo, which means he's probably condemning himself to a Belotti or Berardi like existence. If Belotti or Berardi went to better places, rather than tying themselves to their current clubs, they could have developed into stronger players. Berardi has talent, but he's been in a comfortable spot that means he hasn't had to improve his game.

Another way to look at the Scamacca extension, is that a loan deal formula is imminent a la Chiesa and Locatelli.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I didn't say I approve :D Maldini trying to hit the CF signing without another top player:

pingu-pee.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
there was another Belgian kid's name that was mentioned a few months ago. not De Kate. his name's escaping me.
he looks just like Brahim (dribbling) but with Vision and passing....interesting prospect.
Not bulky enough, he is like a Belgian Brahim.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Who are our realistic striker options?
Given we want a Zlatan replacement.. so we are looking at a striker who can cut it in CL + score atleast 15 goals in Serie A..
Darwin, Scammacca are overpriced.. not sure Gouiri will succeed outside Galtier system.. Etikite could be on a purple patch ala Piatek, Destro etc.
There are no affordable top strikers..
Though I am not a fan of Bellotti or Origi, we should sign both and spend the money on a goal scoring winger.. I would personally like Gabriel Jesus given his contract runs out in a year and has a decent salary and can play CF and LW too.. don't think he will score too much but he is creative enough to keep the attack ticking
His name is Beto. Probably is cheapest one. Any good striker cost 40 + mln. We need invest it.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
When will you learn not to oppose me ?
Look at Sam mentioning names & Maldini never interested.
Kamada , Bajrami , Marmoush , etc ..
I mention Divork & booom , signed.
Of course he is fast.
When did you mention Origi?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Scamacca is a moron for signing that extension. Unless Napoli sell Osimhen, there is no market for him in Italy because Inter don't have money and everyone else is set at striker.

A big part of transfer success with young players isn't just scouting, but development. Leao, Bennacer, Theo, Kalulu, Tomori, they all had great talent when they came here, but you can see their development and growth.

Scamacca is tying himself to Sassuolo, which means he's probably condemning himself to a Belotti or Berardi like existence. If Belotti or Berardi went to better places, rather than tying themselves to their current clubs, they could have developed into stronger players. Berardi has talent, but he's been in a comfortable spot that means he hasn't had to improve his game.

Another way to look at the Scamacca extension, is that a loan deal formula is imminent a la Chiesa and Locatelli.
You take the money when you can. There's no guarantee that he'll end up being anything special. Or he can hurt himself and be left with nothing.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look, I don't disagree with you

But the club won't pay 4 players a first-team salary for one position

We just simply have to accept Origi will be the main guy at CF and hope he works out

If the new guy plays only CF ( like Scamacca ) then maybe it's a problem paying salaries for so many CFs. If they bring someone who can play CF and winger (Ekitike, Gouiri, Noa Lang ) or CF & AM ( De Ketelaere ) then it would work out nicely. Plus next season could also be the last of Giroud as an important player, so it helps them prepare for the coming seasons.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You take the money when you can. There's no guarantee that he'll end up being anything special. Or he can hurt himself and be left with nothing.
He is making 800k apparently, he's losing out on money. Milan would pay him more than that. He is stupid for tying himself to Sass.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Scamacca already had a contract until 2025 before this. This renewal is just about getting a higher salary for the moment being, same with Frattesi who also is rumoured to renew until 2026.

Doesn't change anything about Scamacca's price or likelihood of leaving Sassuolo this summer.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Scamacca already had a contract until 2025 before this. This renewal is just about getting a higher salary for the moment being, same with Frattesi who also is rumoured to renew until 2026.

Doesn't change anything about Scamacca's price or likelihood of leaving Sassuolo this summer.
I thought his contract was shorter than that, thanks for the enlightening perspective.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to keep up , eh.
View attachment 3161
March 24?

Rather late :o

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is a lot that goes into this but the main factor is literally that Messi and Ronaldo played in Spain during this team and they’re the two most dominant players ever. Could give two shits about the Unai Emery cup but credit to him for being a great cup manager.

But yeah this is what happens when Milan(and to an extent inter) struggle. Both clubs sucked during this time and Juve was left to hold it all on their own. Regardless of them being choke artists in CL, the teams they built would have won in an area where they didn’t lose to both MSN and then BBC in two finals. Doesn’t matter, their era is over, the cup is more open than it’s been in ten years and Milan is getting better. A couple smart signings and we can easily make a next step into the quarter finals then see where the team is at talent wise.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I think Origi can offer a lot. Just my feeling. He has grown a lot there and look at Abraham in Roma, hes great. PL is much stronger then serie a... sad but a fact. Maldini and Nassara can miss at times but I have a feeling this will be a good move.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
@AC_Wesley .. @Wild was always on the origi train. Wild is very good at spotting these things.
He was always the biggest Benzema fan IIRC.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I noticed a pattern here for our ST.
Ibra
Mandzu
Giroud
Origi
All of them are title winners.
My guess is that Maldini wants Origi's winning mentality here.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Taarabt is playing a fucking Champions League QF, while we draw two times in a row against Serie A’s Taarabts.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Taarabt is playing a fucking Champions League QF, while we draw two times in a row against Serie A’s Taarabts.
sir could you please tell me the thought process of why r u discussing about Taarabt in 2022 ?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Still on the fence for Origi, but if his signing gives us leeway to heavily reinforce in other positions, then why not? As brk mentioned, it's difficult to form an opinion on him, because we don't know what he's like with a consistent run of games. We've only seen him as an impact sub, and I doubt that's how we're going to use him. Perhaps he can become what Muriel is at Atalanta right now?

Also, I like the prospect of signing the 'unknown Origi' a lot more than I like the prospect of signing the 'well-known Belotti'.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Still on the fence for Origi, but if his signing gives us leeway to heavily reinforce in other positions, then why not? As brk mentioned, it's difficult to form an opinion on him, because we don't know what he's like with a consistent run of games. We've only seen him as an impact sub, and I doubt that's how we're going to use him. Perhaps he can become what Muriel is at Atalanta right now?

Also, I like the prospect of signing the 'unknown Origi' a lot more than I like the prospect of signing the 'well-known Belotti'.
Origi and Belotti are both well known.....to be mediocre
I agree....buy some young hungry kid

Real bought a brazilian AM by the name of Reiner. I really hope Carlo doesn't do what he did with Kaka because that kid looks great.
I really hope he comes to Milan....he's had a shit season with Dortmund so fingers crossed he becomes the new Diaz

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
h. grimes
@es_grimes

LFC & AC Milan pushing for Luka Sucic 19y old - contract 2026 Mostly compared to Modric Klopp called RB Salzburg - Talks mit RB owner/Mateschitz & Director Reiter Talks ongoing as well Maldini/Reiter
Why would we be so interested in a 19 year old CM?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

If only we had attackers as pure as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule