The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Mazzara said another Arab group was close to Inter and Suning valued the club at $1b. With the debt the club has they decided to walk away. He also claims they need to raise $100M in sales this summer.

Maldini and Massara will remain. The one who we’ll have to wait and see is Gazidis.

Gazidis is CEO
Maldini, to me, is more like a managing director.

CEO (or any C Level) serves a specific purpose
--> debt and financial reform, prepare for IPO, find a buyer, etc

Managing Director handles day to day operations in more holistic manner. CMIIW.

So if the clubs heading into a new objective, a new-specialized CEO is needed.

Meanwhile, if the day-to-day operational activity is working as planned, and the new owner want to keep it that way, I think they'd better keep the current managing director.

Just a thought.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Yup.
Reality is, things will change. Have to.
And when they do, it’s not to please the currents and appease their nostalgia but to be appealing to the future.

Don’t know how accurate this logo evolution chart is, But for sure, it’s changed before and will change again.
The things we love today and don’t want to change, people of the era in which the change happened bitched too.
That’s life. We just Get on with it.

View attachment 3313
If this is true, we've had some terrible logos in the past.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Sevilla are on 6 el victories... 1 more and wot? And that order irks me...

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Eng, Ned, Por

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gazidis is CEO

Meanwhile, if the day-to-day operational activity is working as planned, and the new owner want to keep it that way, I think they'd better keep the current managing director.

Just a thought.
Its wot you get for following gordon... shudve stayed at Arsenal.

vendetta27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bierhoff, Kaka', Tonali
Gazidis is CEO

Just a thought.

Kinda wishing he will stay too.. He has has been very good for us.. Exceeding my initial expectation..

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kinda wishing he will stay too.. He has has been very good for us.. Exceeding my initial expectation..
Said no to good mids, no to good wingers, no to good strikers but he's been exceedingly good for us...
tumblr_inline_mklbyzAaXL1qz4rgp.gif

vendetta27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bierhoff, Kaka', Tonali
Said no to good mids, no to good wingers, no to good strikers but he's been exceedingly good for us...
tumblr_inline_mklbyzAaXL1qz4rgp.gif

Signed almost 20 new sponsors, made Milan post profit for the first time without selling key players, approved 28M for Tomori, rejected Dollar Cuck demands, decided to abandon Ragnick, approved signing Ibra Kjaer, made our DaPlan strategy that resulting in healthy financial situation for new investors during pandemic etc..

And doing almost all of them during cancer treatment..

Are we really forgetting problems left by G and Fassone? It almost ruined us for good..

For a CEO that have to worked with limited budget and restrictions by the stakeholders, he is doing great..

With or without fancy signings, I'm grateful for what he has done.. And I think he earned rights to be judged with bigger budget..

vendetta27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bierhoff, Kaka', Tonali
Btw the weirdest rumor about the new owner is that they want to relocate Milanello to be nearer to Milan city.. Hmm maybe allocate the money to build stadium first?

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
You cant have "agressive" approach and keep the books in line 🤣 numbers are numbers. No one will giftbzs players. Pay them or walk away. No one knows whats gonna happen. But I would be very happy with Milan having its own stadium! A 70 000 stafium for us is a must!

Now lets win the coppa and lazio games!

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These rumours that there was a concrete offer for merda, but they switched to us and are ready to buy quickly is really making my day nice :lol: Imagine we have new daddies, who bring us Antony, Gouiri, Botman, Sanches and a few exciting kids from Moncada this summer, confirm that they will build our own stadium in near future while merda are forced to sell 2 starters :lol:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Btw the weirdest rumor about the new owner is that they want to relocate Milanello to be nearer to Milan city.. Hmm maybe allocate the money to build stadium first?
You can’t get any “cheaper” than Elliot
[and its working]

any budget they have left is a grace, no matter how much it remains

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man, Bordeaux is comically bad. If you want to ask about Adli and his performances, check out today's highlights vs Lyon.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
They have 3 LW: Grealish, Sterling, and Foden. Leao would be stupid to go.
Correct. And i don’t even think they’re trying to sign him for that reason. They’re stacked there.
And even if they did , it’s be crazy of him to put himself in such uncertain situation.
Very similar to suggestions of us having 3 first team strikers for 1 position.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was excited when opening the commode this morning and found out there are more than 600 new posts.. There must be a great exciting rumors going on during my sleep..

Turns out more than 400 of them was about the team logo..

No one even talking about the MN piece regarding the negotiation..

Some interesting points:
There were some MEA investor approaching Milan & Inter.. When both owners asked for 1B, Investcorp agree and the others backed down from Inter due to their financial problems..

Investcorp are seriously preparing to build the stadium without Inter, because they are not serious and have problem to provide some financial documents for the Government..

We will have more aggressive mercato than Elliot.. But they will continue the DaPlan..

Maldini and Massara are guaranteed to stay, while Gazidis future will remain to be seen..

Hopefully our Management and Scouting can continue like this.. Will be exciting looking what they can do with a little bit more budget for the DaPlan..

Personally, I will support if the new owner continue with the sustainability strategy.. I don't want us to ruin our wage structure in the future.. Hopefully we can get some smart transfer like Liverpool..

Anyway, good morning my fellow Milanisti.. Have a nice Monday!

5631c9247c4a72c99a972bc0a07c70b3.gif

Could we please move on from the logo discussion

The whole article:

It was an extremely busy Easter Sunday, as never happened in recent years. Milan is very close to the transfer of ownership from the Elliott fund (which should always be thanked for what it has done) to InvestCorp, a Bahraini fund that has Mubadala behind it, not the latest arrivals. It is only fair to clarify what is happening, because in the sea of partial information, granite certainties are needed.

Let's start with the first backstory, which is the one that kicks it all off: a month ago, Investcorp got in touch with Elliott for the acquisition of AC Milan, which is part of a very important, almost aggressive investment policy on the part of Middle-Eastern funds. At the valuation of 1.1 billion (a record for Italian football), Investcorp says ok, without certainties about the stadium, and opens the negotiation table with Elliott and the signing of an exclusive contract that will expire at the end of the month. But the due diligence, which is underway, is giving great results. Basically, as a friend told me on the phone, Investcorp is getting a turnkey Lamborghini. You will be pleased to know that in the same weeks that Investcorp decided to sit down with Elliott, another Arab fund also approached Inter with Suning reportedly making a valuation of 1 billion. At this request, this fund - to date still anonymous - has abandoned the negotiations because Milan is a saleable company given its path of corporate recovery and accounts, Inter instead is burdened by major debts, bonds to be restored and a disposal campaign that next summer should yield at least 100 million euros.

Also on the subject of the stadium, it should be noted that Milan has pushed harder than Inter to do so, and the reason is simple: the Rossoneri, whether it is Elliott or Investcorp, have the money to build the stadium while the other side hesitates. These are not inferences, but facts. The possibility that Investcorp will decide to build the stadium on its own cannot be ruled out, given the lengthy public debate on the new San Siro, which will end in October.

What should we expect from Investcorp? Certainly a slightly more aggressive phase than Elliott on the market, because it is the very nature of the two funds that differentiates their work. The Arabs deal, principally, with private equity while Elliott has as its core business that of restructuring companies and reselling it making a profit. The Singer family's fund has done an enormous job with AC Milan, bringing it back to being a company capable of standing on its own two feet, so much so that in the last 18 months it has made no capital contributions. The fact that at the end of 2021, right in Bahrain, an idea for the expansion of sport in the Middle Eastern world was born, should make us rethink and understand what Milan is about to end up in, that is a project of impressive economic power.

The management board, at least on the sporting side, should be confirmed with Paolo Maldini who has an important specific weight, both as director of the sporting area and as a Milanese icon in the Arab world. And then, and this is no small thing, there is the construction of a summer market that Maldini and Massara could carry out more aggressively if they had more resources. The future of Ivan Gazidis, a great professional and author of the rebirth of the Rossoneri company, is still to be understood.

What emerges from the Emirates is that Investcorp wants to win and wants to bring Milan back to the dimension of strength that belongs to it, but still following the path traced by Elliott in terms of sustainability. Therefore, it is ok to make important investments, but it would be wrong - as of today - to think of Milan as the third sister of PSG and Manchester City.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The whole article:

It was an extremely busy Easter Sunday, as never happened in recent years. Milan is very close to the transfer of ownership from the Elliott fund (which should always be thanked for what it has done) to InvestCorp, a Bahraini fund that has Mubadala behind it, not the latest arrivals. It is only fair to clarify what is happening, because in the sea of partial information, granite certainties are needed.

Let's start with the first backstory, which is the one that kicks it all off: a month ago, Investcorp got in touch with Elliott for the acquisition of AC Milan, which is part of a very important, almost aggressive investment policy on the part of Middle-Eastern funds. At the valuation of 1.1 billion (a record for Italian football), Investcorp says ok, without certainties about the stadium, and opens the negotiation table with Elliott and the signing of an exclusive contract that will expire at the end of the month. But the due diligence, which is underway, is giving great results. Basically, as a friend told me on the phone, Investcorp is getting a turnkey Lamborghini. You will be pleased to know that in the same weeks that Investcorp decided to sit down with Elliott, another Arab fund also approached Inter with Suning reportedly making a valuation of 1 billion. At this request, this fund - to date still anonymous - has abandoned the negotiations because Milan is a saleable company given its path of corporate recovery and accounts, Inter instead is burdened by major debts, bonds to be restored and a disposal campaign that next summer should yield at least 100 million euros.

Also on the subject of the stadium, it should be noted that Milan has pushed harder than Inter to do so, and the reason is simple: the Rossoneri, whether it is Elliott or Investcorp, have the money to build the stadium while the other side hesitates. These are not inferences, but facts. The possibility that Investcorp will decide to build the stadium on its own cannot be ruled out, given the lengthy public debate on the new San Siro, which will end in October.

What should we expect from Investcorp? Certainly a slightly more aggressive phase than Elliott on the market, because it is the very nature of the two funds that differentiates their work. The Arabs deal, principally, with private equity while Elliott has as its core business that of restructuring companies and reselling it making a profit. The Singer family's fund has done an enormous job with AC Milan, bringing it back to being a company capable of standing on its own two feet, so much so that in the last 18 months it has made no capital contributions. The fact that at the end of 2021, right in Bahrain, an idea for the expansion of sport in the Middle Eastern world was born, should make us rethink and understand what Milan is about to end up in, that is a project of impressive economic power.

The management board, at least on the sporting side, should be confirmed with Paolo Maldini who has an important specific weight, both as director of the sporting area and as a Milanese icon in the Arab world. And then, and this is no small thing, there is the construction of a summer market that Maldini and Massara could carry out more aggressively if they had more resources. The future of Ivan Gazidis, a great professional and author of the rebirth of the Rossoneri company, is still to be understood.

What emerges from the Emirates is that Investcorp wants to win and wants to bring Milan back to the dimension of strength that belongs to it, but still following the path traced by Elliott in terms of sustainability. Therefore, it is ok to make important investments, but it would be wrong - as of today - to think of Milan as the third sister of PSG and Manchester City.
I don't want us to be sister to City and PSG. These teams are nobodies.

I really hope the deals goes through and we have a good mercato. We are 3-4 players away from being able to compete in CL and dominate in Italy for years.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
AC Milan are evaluating several options on the market and one of the departments they want to reinforce this summer is the attack. Ajax striker Sebastien Haller has appeared on their radar, a report claims.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport (via MilanNews), the Bahrain-based fund are expected to complete a takeover of Milan and they have big ideas for the club, starting with a €300m budget being made available to strengthen the squad.

One of the players they are targeting to kick start their new era is RB Leipzig forward Christopher Nkunku who is having an exceptional season for the Bundesliga side. He has 30 goals and 18 assists in 43 appearances, which are quite frankly ridiculous numbers.

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
And it won't happen. Imagine buying a football club for 1 bn and first thing you do is sell the star of the team :lol: And not for a crazy sum, but for merely 70 m :lol:
First thing they're gonna do is sell the star so that they can upgrade. Mbappe is coming guys.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
City wants to get rid of Sterling… just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule