• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Will never undrestand why pioli doesnt put Ismael in offensive role, in front of kessie and tonali. He can shoot, score, pass, protects ball. Maybe not classic am but offensive b2b.

Constantly puts kessie in position where he adds nothing. Dont get it.

A good observation. It doesn't make sense whatsoever.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Will never undrestand why pioli doesnt put Ismael in offensive role, in front of kessie and tonali. He can shoot, score, pass, protects ball. Maybe not classic am but offensive b2b.

Constantly puts kessie in position where he adds nothing. Dont get it.
Problem with Pioli is that he refuses to change it up.

He should get the fuck away from his 4-2-3-1 formation for starters. 4-3-3 for the rest of the season.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Problem with Pioli is that he refuses to change it up.

He should get the fuck away from his 4-2-3-1 formation for starters. 4-3-3 for the rest of the season.
Problem with 4-3-3 is that we have in the bench Bakayoko and Krunic.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie is imo a bit better suited for close to goal situations, not that he is Kaka but he scored some good goals from open play this season.
At the same time ,with how he plays this season, he is the less reliable player, which imo also is a reason why Pioli tends to put Bennacer in the more error sensitive DM spot.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao has done really well this season individually but I think our overall play was better when Rebic-Theo played on the left.. the combinations were much better.. Hope Leao and Theo develop that chemistry.. Dream scenario would have been Leao learning to be a ST the way Henry moved from wings to ST.. but too little time to try him at ST and see if he has improved from last year in that position
I don't think this has much to do with Theo and Leao/Rebic. It has more to do with the fact that the CF can move around pulling defenders. Ibra does this. Giroud doesn't. When both Rebic and Leao play together (early this season) we did this also, lots of positional rotation between the LW and CF. This opens up space on the wing for Theo to run into from deep.

I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of our offensive impotence is down to Giroud as well as the obvious RW issue.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Problem with 4-3-3 is that we have in the bench Bakayoko and Krunic.
yeah but we can mix it up with 4-2-3-1 if there are any injuries. Krunic would also fit the mezzala role.

something needs to be done, we look like absolute dogshit on the pitch. Our LB plays LB and CAM because our CAM is shit.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think this has much to do with Theo and Leao/Rebic. It has more to do with the fact that the CF can move around pulling defenders. Ibra does this. Giroud doesn't. When both Rebic and Leao play together (early this season) we did this also, lots of positional rotation between the LW and CF. This opens up space on the wing for Theo to run into from deep.

I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of our offensive impotence is down to Giroud as well as the obvious RW issue.
Giroud is more of a problem than many want to admit. His derby and Napoli goals have bought him a very long leash.

Ibra moves, draws defenders, shifts players, can actually pass and distribute the ball. Lay it off. Giroud fails to do this. When it's supposed to be his calling card.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Repubblica - Milan-Investcorp: possible white smoke at the beginning of May, official announcement after the end of the championship​

Also reports Maldini will given a new contract

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem is that our attack presents threat only from the left. Playing 4-2-3-1 means that you have a CF who is always present in the box and at least one of the opponent's CB is constantly marking him. At the same time 3 other players are bombing from left, right and center. But this is the theory. In reality our AM and RW are complete shit. They can't score, they can't cross and can't assist. They don't require much attention. Just make sure there's a man in front of them and they will either lose the ball or pass back or put in a cross/pass just to release the ball. That's why the opponents can shift their whole defense to the right in order to provide less space for Leao and Theo, who's been ineffective in most occasions. When he starts his runs he is forced to beat 2-3 players instead of attacking open space. All this is possible because we can't stretch the opponent's defense because of the lack of quality. And this forces Theo to try to milk fouls left and right simply because the opponent has deployed more players in this area and he has close to no option for a pass.

If we have a player like Antony on the right to stretch the defense and a player like Modric who can actually pass this will open much more space for Leao and Theo on the left plus Bennacer/Tonali attacking from behind. This way the team will look much better in attack and will create much more.

That's why I've said many times that we simply don't have the players for 4-2-3-1 and Pioli's stubbornness with it is beyond my understanding.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah but we can mix it up with 4-2-3-1 if there are any injuries. Krunic would also fit the mezzala role.

something needs to be done, we look like absolute dogshit on the pitch. Our LB plays LB and CAM because our CAM is shit.

Too late in the season, we have 5 games remaining.

Giroud is more of a problem than many want to admit. His derby and Napoli goals have bought him a very long leash.

Ibra moves, draws defenders, shifts players, can actually pass and distribute the ball. Lay it off. Giroud fails to do this. When it's supposed to be his calling card.

I think some of his lay off and other support play that worked well for him in EPL doesn‘t really fly in Serie A.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Never mind though, with Pioli it's not gonna happen. Some coaches are retards when it comes to changing up.

I'm preparing PioliOut hashtags for the summer.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You think Pioli will keep trying Kessie at CAM? That shit clearly doesnt work. Pioli loves overcomplicating things.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
@AntoVitiello on his YouTube channel: "Tonali has been playing for several games with a problem, but he goes on the pitch anyway because he is needed" #Milan

<3

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Weve been playing like shit for the past 3 months

Im not Pioliout, but he needs to figure it out.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never mind though, with Pioli it's not gonna happen. Some coaches are retards when it comes to changing up.

I'm preparing PioliOut hashtags for the summer.
Pioli is doing right by not changing formation. Maybe some fans are retards when they pretend to know better?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
@AntoVitiello on his YouTube channel: "Tonali has been playing for several games with a problem, but he goes on the pitch anyway because he is needed" #Milan

B]

This is so stupid. You play Kessie at CAM and you cant rotate the double pivot so Tonali ends up getting overplayed and injured. When you can just use Krunic for CAM instead. Pioli makes no sense.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Now this is what build-up means. Slowly but surely advancing the ball. No backheels, no fancy passes, no 1 vs 1, just simple football. The exact opposite of what we are doing.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
One good thing that is going for this team is continuity which is underrated... Most players know their role so well.. I like Pioli as a man manager, he is a likeable character but he is not the best tactician around.. but still we should stick with him unless a clear upgrade is available.. I don't think a clear upgrade is available in the market.. also whoever replaces him has to be playing a high press attacking style as well..
Klopp is an upgrade but has contract till 2024.
Guardiola seems likely to go for Brazil job.
Ten Haag is United bound.
Galtier/Juric/Italiano have not worked at a big club and hence not a sure upgrade to Padre.
Pochettino looked poor at PSG.
Zidane proved critics wrong by doing a decent job with an ageing Madrid but not sure he wants to upset Juve fans.
I think we should wait another year to see if there are clear cut upgrades available.
Padre like our players have also improved over the years.. let's see if he makes the step up in CL next year.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Now this is what build-up means. Slowly but surely advancing the ball. No backheels, no fancy passes, no 1 vs 1, just simple football. The exact opposite of what we are doing.

We also play like this till pass no 14.. once the ball is in the box, our players do weird shit

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
There is no reason not to try Ben as an AM & the same goes for Rebic RW.
But maybe Pioli insist on gelling Ben-Tona & Rebic is always injured.
Krunic should also play more.
Sale , Messias & Diaz shouldnt play unless its a death or life situation.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Jr. , Antony , Mbappe , Casemiro , Marquinhos , Theo Hernandez , Mike Maignan
The first squad built entirely by Maldini will be witnessed in this commode
We really need to buy a skillful player who can tear down opponent defenses. The first one that comes to mind is Antony he has the flair the pace and the technique we need on that right flank. Hes a youngster aswell and im sure he would be a great addition to this AC Milan team.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
One good thing that is going for this team is continuity which is underrated... Most players know their role so well.. I like Pioli as a man manager, he is a likeable character but he is not the best tactician around.. but still we should stick with him unless a clear upgrade is available.. I don't think a clear upgrade is available in the market.. also whoever replaces him has to be playing a high press attacking style as well..
Klopp is an upgrade but has contract till 2024.
Guardiola seems likely to go for Brazil job.
Ten Haag is United bound.
Galtier/Juric/Italiano have not worked at a big club and hence not a sure upgrade to Padre.
Pochettino looked poor at PSG.
Zidane proved critics wrong by doing a decent job with an ageing Madrid but not sure he wants to upset Juve fans.
I think we should wait another year to see if there are clear cut upgrades available.
Padre like our players have also improved over the years.. let's see if he makes the step up in CL next year.
I don't think we should change manager, but I do think it would be nice if we tried to bring in people, who are a bit more tactically astute than Pioli, as part of the technical setup.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So inter ll have to play 2 more games. Bologna away between roma and udinese away. Also copa between empoli and cagliari away.

They might drop some points but who knows how we ll respond after this. Last year we lost to lazio in 33 round then went to win 4 games and 1 draw.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There is no reason not to try Ben as an AM & the same goes for Rebic RW.
But maybe Pioli insist on gelling Ben-Tona & Rebic is always injured.
Krunic should also play more.
Sale , Messias & Diaz shouldnt play unless its a death or life situation.
Whoever we put at RW, that side is going to be shit.. i would rather put Krunic there and have Calabria- Krunic ensure no one scores from that side and probably play Rebic up front.. he does tend to drift into the left.. given managers are putting 3 defenders on the right to suffocate our left, we put 3 attackers there.. and have Ben- Kessie- Tonali midfield.. we are only going to score from left.. let's go full overload from left and then just shut shop everywhere else..

No guarantee it will work though.. 😀 more likely it will fail.. but atleast try tweaking something.. Scudetto is so close that it will be sad to see Merda get the second star before us when pre-calciopoli, we were 4 ahead of them

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Whoever we put at RW, that side is going to be shit.. i would rather put Krunic there and have Calabria- Krunic ensure no one scores from that side and probably play Rebic up front.. he does tend to drift into the left.. given managers are putting 3 defenders on the right to suffocate our left, we put 3 attackers there.. and have Ben- Kessie- Tonali midfield.. we are only going to score from left.. let's go full overload from left and then just shut shop everywhere else..

No guarantee it will work though.. more likely it will fail.. but atleast try tweaking something.. Scudetto is so close that it will be sad to see Merda get the second star before us when pre-calciopoli, we were 4 ahead of them
I have no doubt in my mind that Rebic or Leao or even a monkey will be better than Sake ,Messias.
The same goes for Diaz.
Of course it will need tweaking & we have a professional manager & players & they should be ready to alter their play style just a bit.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Re AM, nobody is going to be a perfect fit regardless of who we sign. E.g. Nkunku will cost the moon and only has one exceptional season under his belt whereas Malinovskyi plays in a completely different system and may not be able to make the step up to a bigger team just like Conti + Caldara before him.

Re Ibra's salary, the reason I don't buy what you're saying is because I remember reading at the time (from several different sources) that we were paying him 14m gross. Regardless, Ibra initially signed a 6 month contract followed by standalone 1 year deals that were always extended at the END of the season. Therefore, from the Italian Tax authorities perspective, his individual contract lengths indicate that he would NOT be staying in Italy for 2 years (he only satisfied this criteria with his current contract renewal) hence he didn't benefit from the reduced tax rate immediately (which is why it hasn't been mentioned in the articles explicitly because it's obvious).

For the growth decree benefits you don't have to work in Italy for 2 years, you just have to live in Italy for at least 2 years ( so the length of your contract is not necessarily a factor). For example you can work for 6 months and then just live in Italy for another 1.5 years. That's why it's always in the interest of a football player to take advantage of the growth decree tax when he can, because at the most he just might have to give back the amount saved ( if he leaves before 2 years ).

Zlatan was widely expected to renew his 6 month contract by at least another year. That's why there were news reports that the he might take some other non-playing role at Milan for 6 months when the 1 year contract is up as he would, anyways, have to stay in Italy for another 6 months to keep the tax benefits ( if he did not further renew his playing contract).

At the same time there is incomplete information around Milan player salaries so it difficult to be completely certain of the figures and what really happened.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

No guarantee it will work though.. 😀 more likely it will fail.. but atleast try tweaking something.. Scudetto is so close that it will be sad to see Merda get the second star before us when pre-calciopoli, we were 4 ahead of them
Calabria offers nothing going forward. No overlaps, nothing. One of the reason reasons leao improved s Theo who pushes up, overlaps, play 1-2. Even with all 3m marking.
Im scared even if we get antony that improvement ll be small without better rb in attack. Kalulu should be starter at rb next year and solidify himself there while improving his attack. Calabria should be used for rotation, injuries, closing games etc.

Our right side s really fked up.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So inter ll have to play 2 more games. Bologna away between roma and udinese away. Also copa between empoli and cagliari away.

They might drop some points but who knows how we ll respond after this. Last year we lost to lazio in 33 round then went to win 4 games and 1 draw.
Realistically speaking, I don't think we have any chance. Yesterday was the perfect example of how our team is not ready for the big games. Now, we badly need 5 wins out of 5 games against some of the worst possible opponents. Unless merda fuck up 3 games (Roma, Udinese, Bologna being the prime suspects) I don't think we have any chance. If they continue with their form, they will grab 5 wins easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule