The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Bottom line we will always struggle to win scudetto when we have Saelemakers starting, krunic and gabbia on the beach. Shit is ridiculous...I know things can't be changed overnight but I do believe maldini is working on making a top quality squad, and we are in the last stage of getting rid off trash/adjusting the weak positions.

Hopefully next season the squad has more high quality players, and ZERO sub-par clowns

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Me showing a video of another team making a nice attack is 'negativity or self-loathing'?
I was referring more to how people may perceive your post. Not the post itself. The video itself is fine, even educational I guess. Post-defeat, some people will see it as a provocation when it’s obviously not. Like I said, everyone deals with shit differently.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Are we performing better than expected overall, or worse?

If the answer is the first, why create a PioliOut hashtag.
I'm just pissed off

Don't really want Pioli out unless there's a top coach lined up. Calm down fan boys :o

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He will do nothing here if we don't improve the service.
Serious question to the whole commode - when was the last time a Milan player was 1 vs 1 against the opponent's GK? I am talking about a real chance like Tonali against Atalanta, not like Giroud against Napoli. An attack that led to one of our players having enough time to work on the ball and prepare for a shot. I honestly don't remember such a situation in our last 6-7 games.

Salads missed goal against Napoli :proud:.

Messias first shot against Sirigu last league game against Torino.

But even if we'd about to get in those situations, we tend to fuck them up simply by missplacing a pass or over-dribbling instead of releasing the ball a little bit sooner (Leaos and Theos specialities). Our opponents in recent weeks rarely played with a high defence line anyway. Some pressed us early, some didn't, but most of them sat rather deep while our defence sits very high, especially with Kalulu and Tomori. Even yesterday with Inter. You rarely see those 1-on-1-situations with such a set-up.

I've just rewatched some highlight reels from last nights game and again, we had more than enough chances to even turn the 2:0. I know I sound like a broken record but I have much more concerns about what happens in our players heads once they arrive in the final third than about the build-up itself until that final third.

Last edited:

chukwuma philip

Primavera
Reaction score
Me showing a video of another team making a nice attack is 'negativity or self-loathing'?
You could have posted a video of us doing it when we was in form to remind us of who we is, instead you post Shinter, what next? yous gonna post shitelegri bi iznillah inshallah-ball?

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
No Lazetic , Adli join current season = seriea title & longer run in CL.
Money doesnt come from air , but allocating money can do wonders.
I remember we had deal with Faivre, but he was stupid. I remember it was at the end of merceto. We had money for him. He would secure two possitions with him. Our managment did not have other plan and we got cheap Messias for loan. Adli is different story. Lazetic came because we wanted have more money in summer merceto. In last summer nobody believe we would fight for first place. If somebody thought like that. Everybody would say he is delusional.

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score

Núñez is the kind of striker that isn't reliant on service to be useful. He is very capable of dropping deep and attacking defences from outside the box. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet and going at defenders to make things happen. Similar to Sheva or Torres.

The two most recent goals (a goal + an assist) that he was involved in against Sporting are good examples of his excellent range as a striker/forward and a player. The first goal is a pure striker's goal - great instincts in and around the box + a clinical finish. The second goal is him taking the ball from his half of the pitch to just outside the penalty box - drawing a bunch of defenders towards him in the process - and then laying off a nice pass for a teammate to score.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Serious question to the whole commode - when was the last time a Milan player was 1 vs 1 against the opponent's GK? I am talking about a real chance like Tonali against Atalanta, not like Giroud against Napoli. An attack that led to one of our players having enough time to work on the ball and prepare for a shot. I honestly don't remember such a situation in our last 6-7 games.
He can create his own chance

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Huge shame Boban didn't manage to sign Modric when he tried in here. Some members were actually against it, haha.
At the age of 36:
Iniesta - playing in Japan
Xavier- coaching in Qatar
Gerrard - retired
Zidane - retired
Modrić - best midfielder in the CL

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
A good striker who is quick will also create space for himself, Giroud is as mobile as a WW1 tank, easy to mark him out or the game

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Pioli...is an italian mediocre coach that has never won anything. Being helped in here by Ibra and Maldini. Very good in creating positive enviroment and a great person. Full respect for Stefano, imo.

But, he is not a top coach. And soon Arabs will change him. Save this post.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli...is an italian mediocre coach that has never won anything. Being helped in here by Ibra and Maldini. Very good in creating positive enviroment and a great person. Full respect for Stefano, imo.

But, he is not a top coach. And soon Arabs will change him. Save this post.

As long as they go for Kloppo, even I would sit on my mouth.

But until then, full support for Piolismo from my side :sip:

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Huge shame Boban didn't manage to sign Modric when he tried in here. Some members were actually against it, haha.
At the age of 36:
Iniesta - playing in Japan
Xavier- coaching in Qatar
Gerrard - retired
Zidane - retired
Modrić - best midfielder in the CL
Imagine Modric here.. him playing the exact same outside of the boot pass he gave to RW Rodrygo vs Chelsea.. but here it is received by Salad who hits the corner flag with his effort.. Modric is such a likeable player that I don't wish such cruelty on him.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Rebic apparently injured again... For all the love I have for Rebic, but at some point enough is enough... if we can't count on him being fit for two games straight maybe we need to seriously look for an alternative.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
This is so stupid. You play Kessie at CAM and you cant rotate the double pivot so Tonali ends up getting overplayed and injured. When you can just use Krunic for CAM instead. Pioli makes no sense.
Or maybe its just cover for the golden boy to deflect criticism.
Every other Milan player that was hurt gets shutdown so if he is ok to play then I dont want to hear any excuse. Do agree he can try Krunic though.
But Leao had 2-3 great chances yesterday and set up Tonali for one that the statue blocked.

Giroud is absolute garbage at the moment - he is harming more than he is helping. He will never be 1v1 unless the opponents whole backline is shot dead 5 seconds before the ball is played. Yesterday Inter didnt have the chances you are describing but Lautaro used proper movement (not speed) to pull away from defenders and then Gosens finished a proper counter.

I fully agree we need to work on how we attack and we need major upgrades in AM and RW. I also have been saying from the start of the season we dont possess the ball well enough, we rely too heavily on these lightning attacks which too many times arent coming off but to trot out that notion that a top CF who is mobile and can handle the ball and setup others as well wouldnt make a difference is laughable when our current striker cant get two feet away from his defender and just plays ping pong instead of holding up the ball to allow the attack to develop.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Rebic apparently injured again... For all the love I have for Rebic, but at some point enough is enough... if we can't count on him being fit for two games straight maybe we need to seriously look for an alternative.

Rebic need to go.
Not only he get injured a lot but he take ages to be regain form.
And with Leao going MIA or tired after one half then a good second LW should be available.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zlatan not being fit to help us score in those 2 0-0 v the provinciale really fucked us

That’s exactly what we needed him for
Let’s hope he somehow manages to be fit for the last few games of the 5 at least

Even with all the time he missed he has 8g and 2a for us

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Imagine being so fucking feebleminded that you just got your ass creamed and face glazed (yes homo) but being too soft to analyze what your opponent did right :max:

To the point of asking for a fucking ban for the person who posted the vid. Too much fuckin participation trophies for you lot.

No wonder ppl get offended and resort to whataboutism (mUh BaRcA) every time you criticize Milan.... because in the mush-brained world criticism = hate

I should expect this sort of shit but i get disappointed every time

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Leao has done really well this season individually but I think our overall play was better when Rebic-Theo played on the left.. the combinations were much better.. Hope Leao and Theo develop that chemistry.. Dream scenario would have been Leao learning to be a ST the way Henry moved from wings to ST.. but too little time to try him at ST and see if he has improved from last year in that position
You mean rebic as striker and leao winger

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Would anyone take suso this season instead of salad? 😆

Watching some compilations, suso scored some screamers fron right. Was always threat against inter.
Of course. suso was so so shit towards the end cause he became too selfish also giampaolo broke him with that 4312 piss

He is messi compared to sale and messias, and no their defensive work isn’t worth it at all

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This team, with its attacking talent and the adversity it has faced all season, should not be in a position to compete for the Scudetto with 5 matches remaining.

I’ll reserve my judgement of Pioli for a season in which he is actually given the proper tools. Management lost and didn’t replace his starting CAM, and they provided Messias, Giroud, Pellegrini, and Laz as attacking reinforcements. Hauge left with no replacement and Bakayoko was brought back to reinforce the midfield.

All in all, moments like yesterday are infuriating, but if you look at the big picture the guy has done a truly miraculous job.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did RnB made it to Gazzetta?

Re: Offside or not? From Mediaset, this happened after the game:

The images of the dubious case were shown to Mediaset immediately after the match. It was Graziano Cesari who showed them to Pioli, who was connected from San Siro.

"I'll show you the disallowed goal straight away," said the former Genoa referee, "look, referee Mariani is well placed. Inter's protests come for an presumed hands foul by Tomori that absolutely isn't there, it's chest, the images are clear. Then there's another situation with Kalulu running horizontally, it's very clear, but it doesn't prevent Handanovic from seeing the ball, even if he doesn't move he sees the ball pass".

Here Pioli blurts out, takes off his earpiece in irritation, then adds before leaving the studio:

"Tell me a goalkeeper who has absolutely no reaction after a goal conceded if he thinks his view was covered by an opponent. Handanovic doesn't even protest...".

Cesari continues the explanation:

"VAR sends Mariani to the screen. It tells him that Kalulu obscured Handanovic's line of vision. When Bennacer kicks, however, it are the Inter players who are hiding the ball: the ball passes between the Inter players, not the Milan players. The ball landed to Handanovic's left and he didn't move.

Cesari considered Mariani's decision to be highly dubious.

"I have a lot of doubts about this decision, it's definitely a subjective offside and interpretation, I'm not really convinced, the images from behind the goal show us that the ball passes between Inter players and the goalkeeper sees the directive."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule