The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday was (for me) the first time the pressure was on and we approached the match the right way. If we had lost / drew I would've been upset because of some of the chances we wasted but I wouldn't be demoralized like those other matches where the players looked so timid they would rather be anywhere else.

We do have mentally strong players but in the past they haven't always responded well when we were favoured / expected and hopefully yesterday was another brick in that foundation for us.

Yeah but even on those occasions we were supposed to win but didn't the reason has rarely been our players being too scared or too impressed by the stadium. We fucked up for other reasons. That one Udinese game last year comes to my mind (we played so non-chalant I wouldn't even call it timid but rather careless), and the first 20 minutes of Anfield Road. There may be two or three more occasions I can't think of, max, where our players looked scared.

En contraire. Mostly when the crowd pushes our boys they respond very well to it. The myth that our team doesn't cope well with the pressure of San Siro has been debunked so many times this season, really. I can't even count anymore how many times I've listened to podcast from Vitiello, Suma or Pellegatti telling directly from the stadium how incredible the atmosphere was and how the crowd literally pushed the team beyonf its limits.

I would even dare to say if it wasn't for our fans, we wouldn't be leading the table.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our Yacine Adli? Will improve the midfield more than Diaz.

I don’t see Milan investing in the other 2.
Anyone would improve over Brahim, but is Adli good?

But if Milan invested in Bajrami and Asllani, what do you think? I'm not trying to bait you, I'm curious, because I want them both.

Who should we get for RW? I like Ludovic Blas, do you like him?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
If Brahim works on his passing, he can be a devastating player. He would have given the hockey assist (I see some nerds call it a "pre asssist" [lol wtf]) on at least one goal yesterday. He annoys me so much. If he stays for another year, passing is the only thing he should focus on. He annoys me so much, because he doesn't even need to be a visionary passer, just a competent one and passing is a skill you can improve on.

When you watch Adli, his vision just pops off the screen. If we play him as a CM in a 3 man mid, he would function like KDB (I'm not saying he's as good or whatever calm down) but Adli is a real talent. I don't get how you can watch him, knowing he plays for a relegation team, and not see the talent.

If we get another CAM, then it's either Bajrami or Kamada (yes, back in fashion for me) as they'd be cheap and great players.

i think your second AM next year is ...[drumroll] Brahim Diaz....with Hopefully a Sanches (or similar) player, Swiss knife of Midfield.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
you said something very important in your second paragraph....about him being a good player for a 2nd tier top team (EL team, fighting with a slim chance to make it in top 4) . and that's perfect for him to resurrect his career and that's the worse we can wish him as he has always carried himself correctly and professionally , no matter the situation. and that's appreciable.

loyalty? i'd be loyal too if i was paid x5 what i was worth..

after Maldini signed Kjaer in January, who he described as strong on 1-on-1 , and still made it a priority to sign a CB (Simakan) in the summer showed that he wanted something different than Romagnoli...thing that he had already made very clear in interviews about important characteristics of a modern CB, which Romagnoli doesn't possess any.

even when Tomori arrived, some were still arguing that he arrived to be "long term partner to Romagnoli" saying "they'd the perfect pair, complementary". the reality Romagnoli doesn't really complement anybody, his flaws are too big. it's more the other CB picking up on his slacks...
when paying attention to Maldini's word and intention on the markets prior, it couldn't have been clearer that Fik came was to replace him.
i maintain that if he was on reasonable wages, he'd be gone the same way/time as Piatek & Suso, cut loss while he still has some value to fund other moves. unfortunately his wages made him unsalable.

he deserves more and i'm sure he wants more than being 6th choice (in a 2 CB system) while in his prime.
thank him and best of luck to him.

This is dead on. I think we all considered Romagnoli and Dollar as our pillars around the Gattusso era. And at first it wasnt that surprising to sign Kjaer considering our other options were Musachio and Duarte. It was the summer that we got linked with Simakan that made it more obvious that Maldini didnt rate Romagnoli that highly. Tomori came in half way through the season and almost immediately became a starter.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ordine: "Curious statistics: Milan have not received a penalty for three months"

And Inter receive one every 2 matchdays I think.
Moratta is doing his job.

Remember how last year they counted all our penalties and made a point that without them we wouldn't be even near the top of the table?

Suddenly the count has stopped. Hmm...

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Could we have a chance at getting pelligrini if we got money?

I’m sure Mourinho would threaten to quit or something, and they would want us to overpay but I just wonder if it’s even possible

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can't wait for Paolo to finally create a real attack this summer. Don't disappoint us.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think your second AM next year is ...[drumroll] Brahim Diaz....with Hopefully a Sanches (or similar) player, Swiss knife of Midfield.
Me enjoying Adli as CAM while knowing Brahim will still be an option while thinking about Bajrami and Kamada:
giphy.webp

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Could we have a chance at getting pelligrini if we got money?

I’m sure Mourinho would threaten to quit or something, and they would want us to overpay but I just wonder if it’s even possible
Is he really what unlocks our chances in the knockout stages next season?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Yeah but even on those occasions we were supposed to win but didn't the reason has rarely been our players being too scared or too impressed by the stadium. We fucked up for other reasons. That one Udinese game last year comes to my mind (we played so non-chalant I wouldn't even call it timid but rather careless), and the first 20 minutes of Anfield Road. There may be two or three more occasions I can't think of, max, where our players looked scared.

En contraire. Mostly when the crowd pushes our boys they respond very well to it. The myth that our team doesn't cope well with the pressure of San Siro has been debunked so many times this season, really. I can't even count anymore how many times I've listened to podcast from Vitiello, Suma or Pellegatti telling directly from the stadium how incredible the atmosphere was and how the crowd literally pushed the team beyonf its limits.

I would even dare to say if it wasn't for our fans, we wouldn't be leading the table.
On that specific point I am not disagreeing - my post was in general how I saw them approach the huge moments.

I never bought into that narrative when it first came out of post lockdown and we were playing lights out but I think we should admit that because of the dynamics of our rise the players have had a long honeymoon phase with our fans, they have continued to nurture the players and what you are posting speaks to that. Our current players so far havent had to deal with much hostility from our fans at all. Long may that continue.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Anyone would improve over Brahim, but is Adli good?

But if Milan invested in Bajrami and Asllani, what do you think? I'm not trying to bait you, I'm curious, because I want them both.

Who should we get for RW? I like Ludovic Blas, do you like him?

We had two good AMs, we sold them (huge mistake), I can’t complain on Adli, a young player who could improve over years. He has better passing quality than Diaz.

Ludovic good choice.

Asllani does not seem ready. Not a starter at Empoli.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
If Brahim works on his passing, he can be a devastating player. He would have given the hockey assist (I see some nerds call it a "pre asssist" [lol wtf]) on at least one goal yesterday. He annoys me so much. If he stays for another year, passing is the only thing he should focus on. He annoys me so much, because he doesn't even need to be a visionary passer, just a competent one and passing is a skill you can improve on.

When you watch Adli, his vision just pops off the screen. If we play him as a CM in a 3 man mid, he would function like KDB (I'm not saying he's as good or whatever calm down) but Adli is a real talent. I don't get how you can watch him, knowing he plays for a relegation team, and not see the talent.

If we get another CAM, then it's either Bajrami or Kamada (yes, back in fashion for me) as they'd be cheap and great players.
Brahim's problem goes beyond passing.
He is easily disposed & he is unable to move the ball forward.
His off the ball movement are so fuckin bad its unreal.
I also question his football IQ.
So yes with some progress passing we could benefit a bit but with the above problem i really think he shouldnt be a part of Milan.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Remember how last year they counted all our penalties and made a point that without them we wouldn't be even near the top of the table?

Suddenly the count has stopped. Hmm...
But but AC Penal.

Not only they got most penalties along with napoli this year.
Inter got most points thanks to ref "mistakes".
They got least cards.

Cant wait to finish take over so figc ll think twice before crossing us like this again.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He wouldn't fit our setup at all. Diaby can actually use both his feet, can play on either wing, and his crossing and passing is good.

I don't think he's worth 60m, the second we are in that price range, I would rather pay 35m for last year of his contract Gabriel Jesus. I'm sure City would prefer to sell him abroad.

Gabriel Jesus is my first choice, his age, salary, versatility, and he is a genuine Milan fan makes him perfect for us.

Daiby is a nice name. We would add him to the french connect. He checks a lot of boxes, my only doubts about him are first his price tag, and second the fact that hes not that physical or involved in defense.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On that specific point I am not disagreeing - my post was in general how I saw them approach the huge moments.

I never bought into that narrative when it first came out of post lockdown and we were playing lights out but I think we should admit that because of the dynamics of our rise the players have had a long honeymoon phase with our fans, they have continued to nurture the players and what you are posting speaks to that. Our current players so far havent had to deal with much hostility from our fans at all. Long may that continue.
I think our fans continue to support the team through so much, the banter era really solidified the core of the fandom and/or humbled us.

The fan crying when we were up at half time at Liverpool was all of us I think.

Even during our 2002-2007, I don't think we took on many plastic fans. And if we did, they're gone, lol.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
We had two good AMs, we sold them (huge mistake), I can’t complain on Adli, a young player who could improve over years. He has better passing quality than Diaz.

Ludovic good choice.

What two AMs did we sell?

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Messias, Diaz and Saele should fuck off at the end of the season, simple as that. Not even near good enough.
For the right wing I'm all for the Gabriel Jesus, dude can also be fielded as a striker. Would also go for Di Maria for free.
CAM is the real question, but, Dybala is player I would like to see there, even if we go a bit of limits wage wise for him.
With Leao, Dybala, Jesus we could field Beloitti as a CF and still tear serie a apart.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So yes with some progress passing we could benefit a bit but with the above problem i really think he shouldnt be a part of Milan.
I hate Brahim.

But even if he stayed as he is, if he could just pass properly, not exceptionally, just properly for a CL/title challenging player, he would become a tremendously more dangerous a player.

If he could pass, players would not just run to smother him. If he could pass, space would open up for him because defenders would think twice about covering him or blocking the passing lane.

Attack is about making defenses lose their shape, and his inability to pass is what negates all the good characteristics he does have.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
not really...unless you want to change the team plays for 1 player. and i think continuity and stability has been the theme that has seen us rise. got a system and philosophy and get the pieces for it, not the other way around.

I agree, and an unpopular opinion but we’re sort of already doing that for Leao. I dont think its a coincidence that Leao is shinning while the rest of our attack is failing. Ofc its that and also the fact that Brahim and Kessie as CAM create a huge hole in our squad.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ludovic good choice.

Two?

Agree, his biggest issue is his inability to understand the position tactically

He was able to compensate for it early in the year with some of his technical skills but that was all gone after covid

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cagliari ll fight salernitana untill last round for relegation. They even have match.
Hoping cagliari goes for kill against inter.
Iirc inter play copa on 11.05. And than travel to cagliari on 15.05.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is he really what unlocks our chances in the knockout stages next season?
I’m not sure but I know he is a good player.

I know people are really weary here of Italians and just signing players from within serie a, and I get it because we did a poor job over the years with lots of flops, like piatek and bonucci amongst many. But Juve dominated the league and built some good teams on the basis of basically a serie a all star team. They just made the right purchases and knew how to avoid the overrated upcoming players. Guys like Pjanic, dybala, scezney, Higuain, chiesa. And then the right influx of foreign talent.

Milan doesn’t do things the Juve way and we shouldn’t, but if we got a bigger budget I wouldn’t mind signing some stars from rival teams, if it makes sense. I think both pelligrini and Malinovskyi would be great upgrades to our CAM spot, off the top of my head.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Anyone up for doing this to celebrate Arab takeover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule