Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Alright Unai, you can do it baby

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All yellow kit looks good, I would love that (or all gold or all black) for our third kit
I feel like gold kits never look right. Gold accents can work, but when we had that gold kit... I thought that was one of the ugliest kits we've ever had. Why did it have a pocket on the chest like it was my grandpa's pajamas?

This would be a badass third kit:

s78aybp9tlw41.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What a play by Capoue.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Hes way better than diaz messias samu. We could have used him this season

As a rotational player on low wages hes great. Loves the club too
LMAO I accidentally confused him with that ugly mofo Taarabt :lol::fp:

Sorry, you're right, Deulofeu <10m is a solid backup winger for either flank and a much better option than Messias, Samu + Salad. However, I still wouldn't trade Pobega for him.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I feel like gold kits never look right. Gold accents can work, but when we had that gold kit... I thought that was one of the ugliest kits we've ever had. Why did it have a pocket on the chest like it was my grandpa's pajamas?

s78aybp9tlw41.jpg
Looks too similar to PSG's home kit with different colors. Pass.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Noway pool doesnt score atleast once

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Imagine if Liverpool pull a Milan against Deportivo style scenario lol. They will probably regroup and change strategy for the 2nd half.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
now your real argument is out. long term vs short term. not so much if possible at all.
3-4 years is long? to cook an egg, yes...not to build a team.
we're already about 3 years in this project and the progress has been great and will be even better in 3-4 years if it continues... there is absolutely nothing that'll stop us if we're committed to the model...we'll eventually have some ups and downs, but not more than those spending 70m a player

buying 60-70mil players doesn't mean CL 1/4 final straight away. but yes Buying fitting players using good scouting (using stats as you say) can guarantee it in the long term... which is what we are doing... and if you're doing that, then you can certainly find those 60-70m players before they become it...again, back to the real issue, long term v short term ... not player price.

this is somehow already answered in my first post

Even long term it is hypothetical. Because no team has become big and stayed big without spending good amounts. Even Bayern paid big amounts for some players like Lucas Hernandez, Upamecano, Lucas Hernandez, Leroy Sane....etc. Plus Bayern dominate Bundesliga and get many top stars to wait out their contract and then sign them for free or a below market price. That's not happening in Serie A.

Your are hoping that Milan could be the the first team to become a top level European team and stay there using a transfer policy that isn't proven.

Plus you didn't answer why in your system should this kind of team hold on to every successful player once their value increases beyond a certain cutoff point. If it's so easy to get a 25-30 mil player and turn him into a 70 mil player why shouldn't Milan sell Leao for 70 mil, buy 2-3 players for that money and turn them into 70 mil players??

These days even a top talent like Leao or Vinicius costs 30-40 million and you have to wait 2-3 years for them to develop before they are making their teams win matches on a regular basis. So if you can get a ready player for 60 mil who starts doing really well straight away, then that's only 20-30 million more for not having to wait 2-3 years! Now if you are a top team like Real you can spend 30-40 mil on talents like Vinicius and Rodrygo and wait for them to develop because you already have good players in those positions. For a team that's not already strong it makes sense to get some ready players along with some talents.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If they beat Liverpool over two legs, anything is possible in a one-off final
They beat Liverpool over two legs, but they lost 2-0 in the first matchup.
They'd be sure to lose in a one-off seeing as they can't make adjustments quick enough.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My preference order:

1. Good ebening
2. Carletto (Madrid are too far ahead in titles… one more doesn’t make any diff to me. Plus Carlo)
3. Fraudiola
4. Pool for obvious reasons

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Try not to speculate too much about what players are arriving for next season. Why torment yourselves - just trust MMM to deliver in the areas needed.

Milan just need to focus on the three remaining fixtures - one game at a time. Bring home Lo Scudetto.

Forza Villarreal twist the knife. Here’s hoping for a Villarreal v Madrid final with Villarreal winning the CL.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
With an enhanced transfer budget following the takeover, I can see Milan signing top young talent in Brazil e.g. GJ + Vinicius for 40m.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

s78aybp9tlw41.jpg
sigh-unzips-zipper-pants-gif-17536389.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
According to what was written by ********** (via SempreMilan.it) this morning, Investcorp could decide to give the Milan fans and Pioli a top-level Scudetto gift to begin the season in Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
The Serbia international is a real obsession of Paolo Maldini who had already tried to bring him to the Rossoneri in the past, and with the budget allocated by Investcorp an attempt will certainly be made.
Not only that, but this could be the right moment for Milinkovic-Savic make the big jump he has always been linked with by leaving Lazio to fight for trophies every season.

TK2d.gif

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They beat Liverpool over two legs, but they lost 2-0 in the first matchup.
They'd be sure to lose in a one-off seeing as they can't make adjustments quick enough.
Harder to beat a “superior team” over two legs than a one-off game IMO

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Even long term it is hypothetical. Because no team has become big and stayed big without spending good amounts. Even Bayern paid big amounts for some players like Lucas Hernandez, Upamecano, Lucas Hernandez, Leroy Sane....etc. Plus Bayern dominate Bundesliga and get many top stars to wait out their contract and then sign them for free or a below market price. That's not happening in Serie A.

Your are hoping that Milan could be the the first team to become a top level European team and stay there using a transfer policy that isn't proven.

Plus you didn't answer why in your system should this kind of team hold on to every successful player once their value increases beyond a certain cutoff point. If it's so easy to get a 25-30 mil player and turn him into a 70 mil player why shouldn't Milan sell Leao for 70 mil, buy 2-3 players for that money and turn them into 70 mil players??

These days even a top talent like Leao or Vinicius costs 30-40 million and you have to wait 2-3 years for them to develop before they are making their teams win matches on a regular basis. So if you can get a ready player for 60 mil who starts doing really well straight away, then that's only 20-30 million more for not having to wait 2-3 years! Now if you are a top team like Real you can spend 30-40 mil on talents like Vinicius and Rodrygo and wait for them to develop because you already have good players in those positions. For a team that's not already strong it makes sense to get some ready players along with some talents.
i was about to rebut with Luca Hernadez 80m Theo 20m, the 60m gap shows big on the field ...but i guess we have said all we had to say.

i believe in a long term plan. sticking to the plan. keeping your core. keep adding through excellent scouting....i'm overjoyed that's the route we're on right now...i believe if Maldini stay, we'll continue that way. i'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule