The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Milan will sign Belotti for free now considering Ibra will miss the first few months of the season. I would keep an eye on Icardi as well as a possible end of the summer loan option.

Next summer Giroud and Ibra (assuming he renews) will be off the books so it's not like you'll be stuck with a ton of CFs on the roster. You can go out and spend big on someone then.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know some of you follow Star Trek - In the new Strange Worlds ep Memento Mori, the captain is having a discussion with his fist officer about projecting confidence. He basically says they look to you and if you ask for miracles they will deliver.
The first officer says I wont lie to them and the captain says every miracle has a seed of truth.

Maldini when he knows he has no budget in January and confidently says to the reporters I will trust in my youngsters (mostly about Kalulu), no need to go to the market. :proud::star::star::star::proud:
Ah, you are a Trekkie. I'm a Star Wars fan.

Our contrasting moments of beef and our moments of synergy make more sense now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think if he doesn't renew and a club triggers his clause, there's not much we can do.

I don't know I wrote 5 different answers and erased them all. I think it would be hard to say no to a crazy offer. What I know for sure is that Maldini doesn't want to sell. They'll try everything they can to renew him. If he makes it clear that he doesn't believe in the project and wants out, then sell him. If he wants to stay he has to renew. It's as simple as that, I think.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Former Rossoneri Billy Costacurta, who spoke to Sky Sport 24, commented on the statements made this morning by Paolo Maldini to La Gazzetta dello Sport: "I think he wants to raise the bar and improve the club. I believe that these statements can be understood from the moment no one has come forward to say "Look, there is probably a change of ownership. Given the work you have done, you will be the most confirmed of all ". I think he expected something like this. However, I believe that this is very useful for the improvement and to raise the quality of the company ".

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Some of us here don’t want to come to terms with what it means to be ahead of schedule with “da plan”. Winning the Scudetto also means that the salary caps Elliot had imposed has to be lifted earlier than they planned.

They offered Theo 4 million and are offering Leao 4 million too. Unfortunately for them now such an amount that Theo accepted is not going to be accepted by Leao. For example Vinicius is on 4 million net currently and is about to be renewed for 10 million net by Madrid. That is what Leao realizes he can also make if he leaves.

He could stay if we made him the best paid player in Serie A which would be around 7.5/8 million NET.

The salary he would like to earn and Elliot’s salary cap ideas are irreconcilable I’m afraid so it’s either Elliott/new owners salary caps are done away with or we have to sell him or lose him on a free transfer

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Ah, you are a Trekkie. I'm a Star Wars fan.

Our contrasting moments of beef and our moments of synergy make more sense now.
I guess so :lol::lol::lol:
I watch Star Wars but not really a fan though I do like The Mandalorian and other spin off stuff. I think the constant fixation on the skywalkers devalues the whole universe and makes it so much smaller when there are so much more avenues to explore.

Had similar issue with the new Picard trek but can understand its just for the TNG fans that just cant let go.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Question: would you sell Leao now for 150 m euros or let him run out his contract for 2 years, capitalizing on his near-certain exponential growth?

(Of course, I am assuming we don’t renew him…I am hopeful we will).
I’m romantic about calcio, so I would rather see 2 more seasons of Leao and what he can become even though it will hurt 10x more when he leaves.

He also might be worth a lot more than 150M by staying at the club if he takes another huge steps and takes us to new heights.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Liverpool sold coutinho for near that amount and reinvested it wisely, making the team a lot stronger.

Im not saying we’ll go that way, but 150m can you get 4 top, top players.

Of course I’d rather keep Leao, but we cannot let him go for free.

Liverpool could sell Coutinho because they already had Mane and Salah. We sell Leao we don't have anyone else in the squad to replace his x factor in the attack as it is. Got to ask yourself is it really worth selling Leao just to end up with Berardi? The answer is no.

Selling Leao now means we've taken steps back not forward. And that is a very banter thing to do.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Yankees were already the Yankees, the Cowboys already the Cowboys and Liverpool already Liverpool - RedBird just exploited that and provided an add on.
Those teams could spend however they wanted irrespective of RedBird

It remains to be seen if we will fall into that same category - Brand wise, yes no doubt but spending to chase our goals? jury is still out.
Milan is still Milan, it was just horrifically mismanaged by Berlusconi and Yonghong. It's not like the Yankees stopped being the Yankees when Steinbrenner bought them, and they were terrible then.

When FSG bought Liverpool in 2010, Liverpool made 203.3m Euros, 9th in the world.

Who was in front of them? Inter made 211.4m (8th) and AC Milan in 7th at 235.1m just behind Chelsea at 249.8m and Arsenal at 251.1m--and Liverpool were still behind Milan the next year (2012: 256.9m vs 233.2m) and the next year (2013: 263.5m vs 240.6m)--it wasn't until 2014 that Liverpool had more revenue than Milan.

Under FSG, Liverpool have went from 6th-7th place in revenue in the EPL to being behind only Man Utd (actual revenue) and City (fake revenue)--I realize that you're talking about Redbird and not FSG, but, it's not like Liverpool was this juggernaught when FSG came in.

I think you're selling Milan short.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Liverpool could sell Coutinho because they already had Mane and Salah. We sell Leao we don't have anyone else in the squad to replace his x factor in the attack as it is. Got to ask yourself is it really worth selling Leao just to end up with Berardi? The answer is no.

Selling Leao now means we've taken steps back not forward. And that is a very banter thing to do.
Hypothetically speaking -

Would you replace Leao (150m) and get Nkunku (50) Scamacca (30), Botman (30), Renato (20), CDK (20)?

Yes wages might be higher, but 150 can get you a lot of quality

That being said, I don’t think anyone will offer close to 150 for Leao right now. Prime Hazard only went for 100

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we can realistically renew Leao on 7M/year. There’s a bit of a “hometown discount” in that, because Vini is going to get 10M at Real Madrid, but that’s a fair extension at 22 and it would give him the opportunity for a massive extension or new contract in 4-5 years. If we were willing to give a hillbilly like Donnarumma 6M (yikes, bullet dodged), then we should be willing to go that high at least for Leao, who for all intents and purposes was just crowned as a bonafide superstar.

I’m not sure if it creates a problem with the rest of the squad, but it shouldn’t be the problem that Donnarumma’s contract was, because Leao was along with Mike Maignan the best player in Italy last season in a premium position.

Ibrahimovic is such a perfect role model for Leao and the rest of the squad. He congratulated him and then immediately said the work begins now to become an even better player.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
I was looking into the flames and trying to conjure the devil, last night. however, I did not get the devil, but a glimpse into the future. Leao was holding another trophy, but it looked a little different. I looked closer, it was in fact the CL Trophy. It was written in the flames, boys. We winning the CL next season

MaShiMoRoiiz

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wonder if Milan will sign Belotti for free now considering Ibra will miss the first few months of the season. I would keep an eye on Icardi as well as a possible end of the summer loan option.

Next summer Giroud and Ibra (assuming he renews) will be off the books so it's not like you'll be stuck with a ton of CFs on the roster. You can go out and spend big on someone then.
Scamacca or Osimhen please

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

Would you replace Leao (150m) and get Nkunku (50) Scamacca (30), Botman (30), Renato (20), CDK (20)?

That being said, I don’t think anyone will offer close to 150 for Leao right now. Prime Hazard only went for 100

And none of those players are a) a LW b) replicate what Leao can do. Also you arent factoring in the adaptation period to the team league and tactics. Especially those foreign to Serie A.

Hazard was in the last year of his contract. That's why prime Hazard went for 100m and then with the add ons its about 130-140m range.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

Prime Hazard went 5 years ago. 5 years ago Nunez would be worth 40mil.
Also I understand what you're trying to say with Leao sale and buying those talents but those numbers are waaay off (especially for Nkunku and CDK)

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some of us here don’t want to come to terms with what it means to be ahead of schedule with “da plan”. Winning the Scudetto also means that the salary caps Elliot had imposed has to be lifted earlier than they planned.

They offered Theo 4 million and are offering Leao 4 million too. Unfortunately for them now such an amount that Theo accepted is not going to be accepted by Leao. For example Vinicius is on 4 million net currently and is about to be renewed for 10 million net by Madrid. That is what Leao realizes he can also make if he leaves.

He could stay if we made him the best paid player in Serie A which would be around 7.5/8 million NET.

The salary he would like to earn and Elliot’s salary cap ideas are irreconcilable I’m afraid so it’s either Elliott/new owners salary caps are done away with or we have to sell him or lose him on a free transfer
I think there is a myth that Milan operates with a salary cap. Donna was being offered 7.5m and he was fucking around, because Raiola thought Milan would offer more. That's why Raiola came back to Milan after Maldini told him to fuck off.

Ibra got 7m, and yes, it was an appearance-based contract, but it was still 7m.

The idea that Milan has some sort of "cap" doesn't square away with the money that Milan actually pays and offers. Milan was offering Kessie between 5.5-6.5m, but he went to Barca for 6.5m plus 2m in bonuses.

They don't have caps. They make offers they believe reflect the value of a player, and frankly speaking, I don't think Kessie is anywhere near a 8.5m player, he just isn't. And that offer for Kessie is extremely generous (as is the Donna offer) when you consider that neither of them would be subject to the growth decree tax laws.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Question: would you sell Leao now for 150 m euros or let him run out his contract for 2 years, capitalizing on his near-certain exponential growth?

(Of course, I am assuming we don’t renew him…I am hopeful we will).
150mil
money-crying.gif

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who do you folks prefer to win tomorrow: Madrid or Liverpool?

At first I thought I wanted Madrid to win the match, so that Liverpool won't catch us in the standings. Then I realised that's beta mentality. Madrid has won more than enough CL titles in the last decade. Our eyes should always be on first place. Let Liverpool catch up. We'll soon be back fighting for the cup with big ears.
Madripool :fp:
Pep you idiot.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we can realistically renew Leao on 7M/year. There’s a bit of a “hometown discount” in that, because Vini is going to get 10M at Real Madrid, but that’s a fair extension at 22 and it would give him the opportunity for a massive extension or new contract in 4-5 years. If we were willing to give a hillbilly like Donnarumma 6M (yikes, bullet dodged), then we should be willing to go that high at least for Leao, who for all intents and purposes was just crowned as a bonafide superstar.

I’m not sure if it creates a problem with the rest of the squad, but it shouldn’t be the problem that Donnarumma’s contract was, because Leao was along with Mike Maignan the best player in Italy last season in a premium position.

Ibrahimovic is such a perfect role model for Leao and the rest of the squad. He congratulated him and then immediately said the work begins now to become an even better player.
Are Spanish salaries reported gross or net?

If they're before tax, then... dang, giving Rafa 5.5m means he takes home more than Vini.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We dont need Leao to get Botman, Renato and CDK.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Madripool :fp:
Pep you idiot.
I loathe Pep now. Before, I was just like "he annoys me, he's good, but overrated."

I wanted Pep to win the CL. I wanted City to win. Anyone but Liverpool and Real Madrid. But what did he do? He failed. Miserably.

1*pm_qkBxMm9lw_z9h7arCNw.gif

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I was looking into the flames and trying to conjure the devil, last night. however, I did not get the devil, but a glimpse into the future. Leao was holding another trophy, but it looked a little different. I looked closer, it was in fact the CL Trophy. It was written in the flames, boys. We winning the CL next season
melisandre-fire-733.jpg

So we just need to buy Arya and we set :o

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I loathe Pep now. Before, I was just like "he annoys me, he's good, but overrated."

I wanted Pep to win the CL. I wanted City to win. Anyone but Liverpool and Real Madrid. But what did he do? He failed. Miserably.

1*pm_qkBxMm9lw_z9h7arCNw.gif
And if this wasnt enough , AH dog's stepped on a bee.
amber-heard-dog-step-on-a-bee.gif

• LOL
Reactions: WaL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule