The Rumour Commode XXXVIII: Next Week is our Week

Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s time to consider Adli as a CM, CDK as a #10, and Ziyech as the RW.

To me this is a better option that bringing in some random low cost mid.

Ziyech on loan + option is absolutely viable. Adli I think can play the facilitator role in midfield well, as well as play 10 at times

Doesn’t Adli also have super good pressing and pressure stats? Even if CDK would be great on the right, the thought of him at 10 makes me tremble more
I’ve seen several posters suggest moving Adli to DM, and quite frankly it just completely misses the point of adding Adli to the squad. Very disappointing.

Adli is tailor made for the 10 role in Pioli’s 4231. He’s a player that will elevate the SYSTEM, because he presses, presents himself for passes, connects, and creates. He even prefers to drift to the right, which allows either our RW or freight train Theo to play through the middle.

Tonali and Bennacer are the starting central midfielders, they will be heavily involved with Adli as he drops back to connect the defense and attack. Pobega is probably Tonali’s backup for now, and whoever comes instead of Renato will be Bennacer’s backup.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Our midfield department is good, but not great. We have three fantastic talents in Bennacer, Adli and de Ketelaere and one god called Sandro. I think you can play a combination of three of them and have a very good midfield, but we have no real substitute for Tonali. I like Pobega and I expect him to grow further this season, but it remains to be seen whether he can be relied on or not. I guess Bennacer can play instead of Tonali, but we would have to play Adli in CM to maintain the quality.

I don't know how Pioli views de Ketelaere. Will he play more as AM or will he play RW? If he plays him at AM, we could use Adli as a CM and as backup for de Ketelaere. Krunic is a useful player, but only as a rotational option from the bench. Ideally we would let Bakayoko and Diaz go and buy one established midfielder that can play both DM and CM. If de Ketelaere is seen as a RW, we would still have to let go of at least one midfielder to acquire a new one.

On the right wing I like Messias as an option from the bench, but Alexis has got to go. I don't mind if de Ketelaere will be our main RW, but I think we would be even stronger with him at AM with a player like Ziyech on RW.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it though. We need to sell, before we can buy. Or we need to return some of the loaned players. At the moment we really only have space for a backup CB.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Valid point, but that was 1) before we got CDK and 2) when we expected Renato would arrive at CM

Things could change now, let’s see
I think CDK has been brought in for our RW. Our RW isn't going to play like Leao. If we had a winger like that, we'd probably drop a CAM and play more of a 433.

Adli has been drifting a lot between CAM and RW when he plays, and when we play with Messias, we have an out-and-out winger for when we need a true winger, but I think our plan A calls for a different style of player in that spot. Messias works super hard, to his credit. I would love Ziyech, of course, because I just want more options.

Adli and CDK will be rotating and moving around to confuse opponents' defense, and Adli and CDK both work insanely hard off-the-ball, so, them rotating and swirling around will be the gameplan. At least, that's what it looks like right now.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
I’ve seen several posters suggest moving Adli to DM, and quite frankly it just completely misses the point of adding Adli to the squad. Very disappointing.

Adli is tailor made for the 10 role in Pioli’s 4231. He’s a player that will elevate the SYSTEM, because he presses, presents himself for passes, connects, and creates. He even prefers to drift to the right, which allows either our RW or freight train Theo to play through the middle.

Tonali and Bennacer are the starting central midfielders, they will be heavily involved with Adli as he drops back to connect the defense and attack. Pobega is probably Tonali’s backup for now, and whoever comes instead of Renato will be Bennacer’s backup.

Need a decent goon profile. Ala young kuco/mexes type. One not afraid to get some yellows.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Is Ndombele a bad idea? Wasn't he hyped beyond belief before PL?

Could be worthwile with the right environment.
Big salary, seems to always want to go forward more than defend

If Conte doesnt want him to do Conte things then I'm not sure he is of the mindset to play that Kessie role allowing most others to go forward more than himself.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i know nothing about him or the transfer, but is it possibl that conte just doesnt want him, or he doesnt fit his tactics?

there seems to be a lot fo smoke on that transfer, unless of course we're just gonna dry loan him. which would be kinda lame of us
Milan doesn't do dry loans. They'll want an option to buy if he does well.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
20 million isnt too much for him but I think what Curu and Sam are saying is 20 mill is too much for us to pay for him all the while not saving in salary either as 6 mill is probably the number slated for Kessie (even though Renato wouldve cost the club slightly less salary-wise because of tax incentive.)
But how does that matter? Kessie didn’t want to renew and sanchez would have gotten less than 6m.

Does maldini and co. want to upgrade the team from last season or not

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini

This could be the next big change/addition in football after the goal line technology and VAR. If it goes well in the CL next season expect it to be part of all the major leagues in 23/24.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But how does that matter? Kessie didn’t want to renew and sanchez would have gotten less than 6m.

They cant couse there isnt that kind off money
Our mid and cb signing probabioe will be loans

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This could be the next big change/addition in football after the goal line technology and VAR. If it goes well in the CL next season expect it to be part of all the major leagues in 23/24.

Is every cm going to be whistled?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Scudetto winning squad has already been significantly upgraded. Origi, Adli, CDK are all very good additions, particularly Adli and CDK, who upgrade 2 of our weakest positions from last season. Origi reinforces the CF department, and he could end up being a big upgrade himself. Pobega is TBD.

We lost Romagnoli, who quite frankly is easily replaced by Gabbia… we need a CB similar to the Tomori/Kalulu profile AND one more CM. We will be showing a lot of faith in Pobega if we sign a Bennacer alternative.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Scudetto winning squad has already been significantly upgraded. Origi, Adli, CDK are all very good additions, particularly Adli and CDK, who upgrade 2 of our weakest positions from last season. Origi reinforces the CF department, and he could end up being a big upgrade himself. Pobega is TBD.

We lost Romagnoli, who quite frankly is easily replaced by Gabbia… we need a CB similar to the Tomori/Kalulu profile AND one more CM. We will be showing a lot of faith in Pobega if we sign a Bennacer alternative.
Semi agree we lost starting cm that could play 100 games abd you replaved him with pobega

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
They cant couse there isnt that kind off money
Our mid and cb signing probabioe will be loans
So what was maldini crying over then?
Wasn’t his contract extension supposed to be that they would give him money to upgrade the team?

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
I think it’s time to consider Adli as a CM

Adli should definitely be considered as a CM option. I don't think most of you guys here have really seen how good he can be as a CM. This is a kid with the talent and the incredible potential to be a midfielder in the mould and level of Modric and Pirlo. He has played CM many many times before. Most notably in the 2020/21 season, wherein his principal position throughout that season was CM. He was a CM in various midfield configurations: a double-pivot midfield much like ours, a 3-man midfield (he plays on the rightside of this configuration), and a standard 4-man midfield (he is one of the two central midfielders). In Bordeaux's double-pivot midfield, his midfield partner at the time was Toma Basic (now a Lazio player) who was essentially the defensive midfielder in this set-up. It's very similar to the Bennacer and Kessie double-pivot partnership, with Adli as the Bennacer part of this equation. I'm pretty certain it was his promising performances in this particularly CM-centric season of his that led us to buying him.

Playing higher up the park, I think, can somewhat limit his overall footballing ability and talent, particularly his diverse array of passing repertoire. Playing deeper in CM gives him more opportunities to unleash his impressive range of passes, specifically his excellent long passing. From long lobbing passes that find their targets from distance, to long grounded daisy-cutters that split opposing defenses in between the lines. He also gets relatively more time to work the ball from farther back. He can be a far more cerebral player from deep (like Modric or Pirlo) than higher up operating in the final third of the pitch.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I'd LOVE CR7 to come here ...if only for turning this forum upside down :lol:

Congo: 187 cm :thumbsup:
Kuja: "It wasn't rape rape"
Wild: YEEESSSSSSS. Manure didn't even consent to his coming here :star:
Jasper: [Some cryptic remark that only he understands but general disapproval]
BRK: *tactical analysis*
Sam: *9 page essay, which can be summed up into 'Maldini Right'*
General: *claims that they knew it all along because he's in contact with the movers and shakers of the world*
MR (before he signs): DEFINITELY NOT COMING
MR (after singing): I KNEW IT ALL ALONG :o

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

Didn't we signed Adli because we're prepared to losing Kessie?

Iirc, at that time Diaz is starting good as AM so management don't really see the needs to find another AM

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Didn't we signed Adli because we're prepared to losing Kessie?

Iirc, at that time Diaz is starting good as AM so management don't really see the needs to find another AM
Not really, Adli was signed last season when noone thought Kessie would leave

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

How do you know this?
That maybe true if they had signed him in the winter window. From summer on it seem they (Renato and Mendes) played it correctly and got a better deal for them and even his club he was leaving.

I'm sure they (MMM) want to improve the team but we all know there are cost implications all around with this management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule