Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino was one man Piolismo for that great Milan team

I'm hoping to see us pull those kind of shut downs this season with Tonali and Benny :b:

Watched a little of the matches today. Good wins for both Juve and Napoli but it's much too early to get a real feel for both. I think Juve will be there until the end if they can stay healthy, Di Maria is class and would've been nice on RW here. Napoli always look good early, I'm pretty confident they will crap the bed once they play top teams. They somehow always find a way to choke at a certain point in the season.

Napoli always chokes in the end to some relegation team :proud::lol:

It's an iconic duo at this point

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Just saw those serie a results…
We better wake up and do something in these last 15 days

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Let's say 50m was accurate, so 35m for CDK and 15m for Renato, that's 50m, so you're saying that Maldini wasn't planning on putting in any money for a CB? If Lille would have sold Botman to us for 30m, does that mean the CDK pursuit was only because we couldn't get Botman? So, we were going to go with Brahim/Adli only if Botman came, a third choice CB? Or did we not need Botman and we were willing to spend that money from Botman on CDK from the start, so then acting like Botman was a failure is weird?

Seeing Brahim, Bakayoko, Sales, Kjaer, Tomori, Florenzi, Messias, Tonali, were all on loans with options. I'm glad we haven't spent 25m on Brahim, or 17m on Bakayoko, and that we took our time with the other players, who have mostly been successes.

The way I look at it, Maldini only spends money on a transfer when it is required to spend that money to ensure the transfer--and that the need warrants it. With Diallo or Ziyech, the selling clubs aren't in positions to demand outright transfers. Ziyech's price reported price this summer has went from 30m to 25m to 10m to 8m, to loan with option. Diallo? Same thing, 30m, 25m, now we're looking at loan+options.

What are we going to do? I don't know. But I think each deal is treated differently. Zaniolo's finishing yesterday was... Sales bad, it was. But everything else? He looked good, I have to say. He should have scored at least two. Everyone misses chances, but he should have done better. If our reported interest in Zaniolo was real, I can see it. I can see Maldini waiting out his contract and using Ziyech as a stop gap, and going for Zaniolo next summer. Maybe Ziyech impresses and he lets Messias go, Sales go, and then bulks up the RW with Zaniolo/Ziyech? Maybe Chiesa gets pushed out of Juve?

My point is, I think money is there, when the opportunity calls for it. I don't think they really wanted Botman, because if they really wanted to push Kalulu to RB and play the fan fantasy of Theo-Botman-Tomori-Kalulu, they wouldn't have brought Florenzi in. More importantly, if they lost Botman, and they felt that they needed a sure starter, we wouldn't be linked with Diallo and Tanganga etc. Botman doesn't fit what they want to do defensively anymore, that shift happened after January. They've been following CDK for years, I just didn't believe those random reports earlier, but it seems they really wanted him.

I think we need a CB and CM over a RW, I just do. I want a RW, I've wanted a RW for years, and as much as Messias warms my heart, I can stomach Sales being RW because the rest of the attacking options are just so good--but losing out on Renato and Kjaer not being fully fit yet, worries me. If Kjaer had hurt his hamstring and calf and whatever, and it was nothing major, I'd be less stressed, but I am stressed about our CBs and CMs. If we don't get a CM and a CB, Maldini is gambling hard, whether that's down to money or principle, I would have a tough time accepting it.
ooh wow perfect Post

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Serie A will be the toughest league in Europe this season. If we can make a couple more signings, we should.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Let's say 50m was accurate, so 35m for CDK and 15m for Renato, that's 50m, so you're saying that Maldini wasn't planning on putting in any money for a CB? If Lille would have sold Botman to us for 30m, does that mean the CDK pursuit was only because we couldn't get Botman? So, we were going to go with Brahim/Adli only if Botman came, a third choice CB? Or did we not need Botman and we were willing to spend that money from Botman on CDK from the start, so then acting like Botman was a failure is weird?

Seeing Brahim, Bakayoko, Sales, Kjaer, Tomori, Florenzi, Messias, Tonali, were all on loans with options. I'm glad we haven't spent 25m on Brahim, or 17m on Bakayoko, and that we took our time with the other players, who have mostly been successes.

The way I look at it, Maldini only spends money on a transfer when it is required to spend that money to ensure the transfer--and that the need warrants it. With Diallo or Ziyech, the selling clubs aren't in positions to demand outright transfers. Ziyech's price reported price this summer has went from 30m to 25m to 10m to 8m, to loan with option. Diallo? Same thing, 30m, 25m, now we're looking at loan+options.

What are we going to do? I don't know. But I think each deal is treated differently. Zaniolo's finishing yesterday was... Sales bad, it was. But everything else? He looked good, I have to say. He should have scored at least two. Everyone misses chances, but he should have done better. If our reported interest in Zaniolo was real, I can see it. I can see Maldini waiting out his contract and using Ziyech as a stop gap, and going for Zaniolo next summer. Maybe Ziyech impresses and he lets Messias go, Sales go, and then bulks up the RW with Zaniolo/Ziyech? Maybe Chiesa gets pushed out of Juve?

My point is, I think money is there, when the opportunity calls for it. I don't think they really wanted Botman, because if they really wanted to push Kalulu to RB and play the fan fantasy of Theo-Botman-Tomori-Kalulu, they wouldn't have brought Florenzi in. More importantly, if they lost Botman, and they felt that they needed a sure starter, we wouldn't be linked with Diallo and Tanganga etc. Botman doesn't fit what they want to do defensively anymore, that shift happened after January. They've been following CDK for years, I just didn't believe those random reports earlier, but it seems they really wanted him.

I think we need a CB and CM over a RW, I just do. I want a RW, I've wanted a RW for years, and as much as Messias warms my heart, I can stomach Sales being RW because the rest of the attacking options are just so good--but losing out on Renato and Kjaer not being fully fit yet, worries me. If Kjaer had hurt his hamstring and calf and whatever, and it was nothing major, I'd be less stressed, but I am stressed about our CBs and CMs. If we don't get a CM and a CB, Maldini is gambling hard, whether that's down to money or principle, I would have a tough time accepting it.
well said. look at all these clubs with money and their team is garbage. milan is spending money wisely. i dont give a shit about high profile players, if we are able to turn these new transfers into high profile players after

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Maybe a kiss on his shiny head? 👀
I'll allow it :o
Just be sure to wear protection
batman-and-robin-action.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
We have a golden tradition of this at Milan :proud:
And some of you want to break protocol and NOT get CR7 :head:
i'm a ben roethlisberger respecter...i'm a kobe bryant admirer....i am indeed a cristiano appreciator.
he's not good enough to be on this team

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I just finished rewatching our scudetto celebrations.. Milan fans worldwide

I demand a repeat this season. I can’t not have another one.. impossible

Best scudetto ever that was.. best celebrations anywhere, any era. Magical

Prefer a CL win obviously, but will settle for la seconda stella.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
bro why you tryin to be weird? :head:
Not trying. It’s natural.

I know it’s hard for super fans to accept that Ronaldo and Messi are not “it” anymore.
As if they weren’t aggressive enough, they have gotten even more aggressive on social media.

The sooner you come to terms with it, the better you’ll feel.

Turn the page, they less and less relevant…and even less, when it comes to Milan.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

I know it’s hard for super fans to accept that Ronaldo and Messi are not “it” anymore.
As if they weren’t aggressive enough, they have gotten even more aggressive on social media.

Turn the page, they less and less relevant…and even less, when it comes to Milan.
pls stop. You're making me uncomfortable

DOB

Banned
Reaction score

I think they are done, but the sad thing is: there are no superstars at the moment. Maybe im just sour, but doesnt look like anyone currently has the potential to hit the level of their prime years. Could be overlooking someone

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
I think they are done, but the sad thing is: there are no superstars at the moment. Maybe im just sour, but doesnt look like anyone currently has the potential to hit the level of their prime years. Could be overlooking someone
Nobody is , they put football in chokehold since the day we won our last cl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule