Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Im not well versed in economics or marketing, you dont seem to be either. Theres more to it. Take Milan for example, one of the biggest global sports brand but hardly competing in revenue. The image and brand is not being sold efficiently, and thats all marketing.
there's no american marketing secret as to why the nfl/mlb/nba are cash cows... more american owners in italy =/= nfl money
yes, i agree serie a needs better tv deals like epl, africans/indians/chinese should be watching us instead of epl (they used to)

but i reiterate, there is no dormant american serie a market waiting to be exploited

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
there's no american marketing secret as to why the nfl/mlb/nba are cash cows... more american owners in italy =/= nfl money
yes, i agree serie a needs better tv deals like epl, africans/indians/chinese should be watching us instead of epl (they used to)

but i reiterate, there is no dormant american serie a market waiting to be exploited

865f5bafc87710f4841e0efe0f45e052.jpg

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I’m glad we managed to get another new sponsorship deal, americans investors, american market, bla bla bla

As we potentially will generate more revenue now, I wish our management can immediately submit a revised contract proposal for Leao and Bennacer, and the revised salary offer shall be as per Leao and Bennacer’s demand.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I love it! when i played or trained I too was nicknamed the Irish Maldini :lol: and I agree many of my teammates or friends admired Milan but supported other clubs. I was lucky to have met the daughter of an Italian family on holiday in Ireland (why I never understood) as it was during the summer too ? (even more baffling) for about two weeks. Anyway long story short she used to write to and me to her and she used to send me video tapes of Milan's Serie A games I used to watch the European Cup games on RTE (they would televise them after the english side had been eliminated)

So when s4c and channel 4 started Golazzo ah what pure joy! It did change the landscape of support somewhat but not enough for my liking. I was very sad to see the end of Golazzo even if you didn't always get to see Milan play.
View attachment 12337
Wow great share @IL-Capitano! What was so captivating about Serie A aside from the level of play on the pitch at the time, was the passion on the stands. The tifosi, flags, chants, flares, all created a spectacular and unrivalled football spectacle unlike any other league.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Wow great share @IL-Capitano! What was so captivating about Serie A aside from the level of play on the pitch at the time, was the passion on the stands. The tifosi, flags, chants, flares, all created a spectacular and unrivalled football spectacle unlike any other league.
All of the above 👆

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Look what came through in the mail today.

20221027_192623.jpg

20221027_193045.jpg
Milan Store came through with the promo.
Took just 3 days to get here.

Would probably suggest anyone planning to buy stuff to do it around now before holidays kills logistics and delays shipping.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
gretzky > Jordan for me

hes got 900 more points than second place jagr with 300 less games. gretzky can join a team, sit on a bench for like 10 seasons without ever seeing ice time and still average over a point a game.
Maybe so.

For me it's the totality of his impact and the way he carried himself through all that. People barely knew who Gretzky was outside of hockey, Jordan was the most famous man on earth. And he dealt with it like he did everything else, as a purebred alpha.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Anakin!! Comes back

Ps: this is why i hate Allegri soo much. Imagine not wanting Pirlo at Milan, which makes him turn againts us, then relying on him a lot at Juve. What a fucking hypocrite person. What a disgraceful human being.
I can’t believe I am gonna defend Shitlegri, but, in fairness, last year or two of Pirlo at Milan were not great. We had become Pirlo-dependent, yet he did not play that great (if he played at all, if I remember correctly he got injured a lot). Pirlo was reborn once he started playing for Ladri. If you read his book there was some deep frustration / resentment at Milan in general and Galliani in particular (I believe he wanted to be transferredto RM but that did not happen). Bottom line, not sure I would blame Shitlegri for that (plenty of other things, though).

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Maybe so.

For me it's the totality of his impact and the way he carried himself through all that. People barely knew who Gretzky was outside of hockey, Jordan was the most famous man on earth. And he dealt with it like he did everything else, as a purebred alpha.
no doubt jordan is a bigger persona. but for their respective sports gretzky is less touchable. it would have to take some major rule changes for anyone to get close to his tally. if jordan is a cheat code, gretzky is the dev build.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score

My hope is that they’ll try to use connections in streaming service world to create a Milan documentary on the history OR an “All-or-nothing”-like show that follows the team. If Netflix can make F1 a trendy sport in the US imagine what it could do Milan - or the Italian Serie A for that matter. If nothing else, Americans can bring their ambition to the table.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
A decade ago they spent the whole scudetto season flaming ibrahimovic and allegri..before that ancelotti and pirlo while fellating xavi etc
:ibralol:
Is it sad that I remember this? I don;t know if I had an account back then.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

I can literally do this too. No idea why people are hyped about this unnecessary move that leads to absolutely nothing.
I don't see any problem tbh. It's efficient PR for the player. Such a simple skill could potentially be trademarked as 'the Antony spin' in the future. (Similarly to how people say XYZ player pulled off a 'Panenka'). The exhibition of playing for Man Utd and Brazil will undoubtedly make the clips go viral and as a result, he'll have his name attributed to an useless, but simple skill.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I don't see any problem tbh. It's efficient PR for the player. Such a simple skill could potentially be trademarked as 'the Antony spin' in the future. (Similarly to how people say XYZ player pulled off a 'Panenka'). The exhibition of playing for Man Utd and Brazil will undoubtedly make the clips go viral and as a result, he'll have his name attributed to an useless, but simple skill.
Salad should copyrighted his "magical-floating-spin-ball" move too ASAP

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think that our 1980’s transfer budget made a lot of people hyped about CDK, 30 mil is nothing today, you could argue he is expensive since he is a kid from a Belgian league, but 30 mil guarantees you very little these days. West Ham spent that much on Vlasic and moved him on after one season without too much fuss. Is he showing great potential atm? No. Will he turn out WC? Who knows, it is a possibility. Until we start investing serious money then we can hope for a player that can hit the ground running. As things stand now, we have to take risks and hope for the best.
Vlasic came from Russian league, which is (or rather was) a medium league at best as well. Best to lowball and if necessary walk away if the price exceeds 25-30m.

I think CDK needs and deserves his chance, but damn did we overpay for him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vlasic came from Russian league, which is (or rather was) a medium league at best as well. Best to lowball and if necessary walk away if the price exceeds 25-30m.

I think CDK needs and deserves his chance, but damn did we overpay for him.
Imagine if we walked away from Leao or Tonali because we were ‘overpaying’ for them at the time. In fact we walked away from the Tonali option. People were still arguing about Leao in summer 2021, and it wasn’t clear who was our best LW.

Our scouting is excellent. We know how much to value each deal based on the information we have. If they green lit the CDK deal it’s because he was still in a acceptable upper range. We let go of Wesley Fofana, Simakan, Botman and a ton of others that went past the number we were comfortable with. CDK isn’t an exception, we just think his potential is worth that investment.

Give the man some time. It’s really ridiculous to forget the lessons of Tonali and Leao. Not everyone hits the ground running.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
"Milan-Leao: these are the days of truth", this is the title chosen by today's edition of the QS to tell the story of Milan linked to the issue of the renewal of Rafael Leao. According to the newspaper, both the words of the management, Gazidis, who stressed that Maldini works there weekly, and the player's gestures lead to optimism. According to rumors, the knot is between supply and demand: the request is 8.5 million, what Milan is putting on the plate at the moment is 6 million. In addition, an answer is also sought on the release clause.

uh oh

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think CDK will have a meh 1st season, then, after a full pre-season and the experience of an entire season at a prestigious club like Milan, explode in his 2nd year with still some up and downs until he establishes this basic level of greatness that he really rarely misses in his 3rd year.

Just like Leao and Tonali.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing is that this is not doing anything. It is a skill move that I pull on my 2 yo boy. It is absolutely useless in real football. Just a stupid show off for the even more stupid United fans. It doesn't beat a defender, it does literally nothing. Panenka is a fancy way of scoring a goal. A goal. This spin is just a way to irritate the opponent (it is a matter of time before someone attacks him roughly while he is doing it) and irritate your team-mates who are waiting for a cross/pass and. The 2 seconds he takes to do this can only slow down the attack and annoy his mates. Imagine Zlatan waiting for you to cross the ball in the box while you are doing this :lol: Instant kick in the head at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule