Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan vs Salizburgo 02/11/2022 21:00 CET

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I'd like to commend TOMORI on his sliding block earlier in the first half... Also Kalulu's sliding tackle đź’Ş

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wtf happened to tomori?
6291f4a5-d97d-4d28-9807-6c57f07add94_text.gif

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Man alive Italy's broadcasters need to reach out for a broader audience, Bein love EPL - you are streaming Milan v Salzburg talk about that game not chelsea.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So we have extra krunic, still cant defend the center. This system not good at all defensively. If they are not good they need more clinical every counters or we will have hard night today. Saelemakers for that extra man in defensive phase is hugely missed.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I think we need to play a deeper line for the next half to solidify our defense. The high line isn’t working. Attack them from the counter imo. They’ll be desperate to score. I think we can score from counters and quick transitions

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Like it or not, right now we don't have perfect squad set to do Piolisimo, we are just too unbalance.

Need 4-3-3 formation like Napoli, but then we don't have enough mids.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We escape pressing by launching long balls, not by passing short distances. Hitting a ceiling of class.

Kjaer's form been trash after recovery.

Tomori gotta stop thinking about England. With this kind of fragile mentality he would never get to play for the Canada national football team. England is way way way out of his league.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Very back and forth entertaining match for the neutral, but not good one for us.

We have to score another goal cause the fuckers having it too easy at creating chances

Our defence looks a lot less composed compared to last season, but I'm even more worried about our midfield. The double pivot looks very vulnerable in Europe so far. The three men behind the striker (no matter the line-up) simply don't help Ismael and Sandro enough. With Theo often going forward, this often puts us in a delicate situation. We've had success with this set-up, but I think a three man midfield with a true DM would improve us a lot. We've invested a lot of money into the AM position though.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Pioli the easy games are when Milan score 3 or 4 goals. With Pioli it's rare that the team scores 1 or 2 goals and then easily controls the midfield.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
We escape pressing by launching long balls, not by passing short distances. Hitting a ceiling of class.

Kjaer's form been trash after recovery.

Tomori gotta stop thinking about England. With this kind of fragile mentality he would never get to play for the Canada national football team. England is way way way out of his league.
Maguire play for them so he think everything is possible.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we have extra krunic, still cant defend the center. This system not good at all defensively. If they are not good they need more clinical every counters or we will have hard night today. Saelemakers for that extra man in defensive phase is hugely missed.
But they're not really attacking centrally. Most of their threat came when they found a free man out wide, then crossing quickly for a runner ahead of the cbs. They've basically repeated the same move a few times and should have scored. With a free CB we can shut this move down. We need to shift to a back three right away. I'd be very surprised if Pioli doesn't do it.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, KakĂ , Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
The “krunic gives us defensive protectation” arguments outta the window 💀

Krunic should never start games. All the Krunic lovers need to GTFO.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
We will keep conceding dangerous attacks until we replace Rebic with either Dest or Messias. Rebic allowing way to much space behind him, and Tomori and Kjaer are suffering against two attackers, they need a spare man with them (Kalulu) to be a lot safer. Basically, I want us to move much more to a 343 shape, with Kalulu a lot more central to protect the CBs. Tomori especially is being dragged all over the place. We can't sustain this.

What's crazy is how they're not really caring about Theo and we should have punished them with a lot more goals. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is tracking Theo's runs. Their RB is occupied with Leao. We need to keep punishing this tactical naivety.

I'd bring on the Dest/Messias change at halftime. Then Origi or CDK for Giroud once he tires.

Italian teams don't give Theo and Leao this much space, it's really weird seeing them so free. Leao should have scored a couple too.
We are already playing a version of 343 both in possession and the defensive phase.

Theo is joining Tonali and Bennacer in the midfield when pressing. The problem is coming when they beat the first press and we lose the spare man in defence as Rebic isn't doing the wingback things necessary to pull this off. The pressing shape in general isn't bad, but our reaction to losing the first duel is causing us real issues.

It's also a trend where teams have realized that all you need to do to destroy our defence is for a defender to step forward in an unexpected position and we are too slow to figure out how to reset and regain control defensively. A bit of gungho chaos is great for final third pressing, but the same mentality is totally destructive when the press is beaten in the first phase. A reset and shape regaining phase needs to happen before the pressing can start again and the duel challenges.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
"If I have to make a tackle then i have already made a mistake "
Paolo Maldini best defender ever.
Or was it someone else that made the mistake 🤔

Qaas

Vi mĂĄ tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Our defence looks a lot less composed compared to last season, but I'm even more worried about our midfield. The double pivot looks very vulnerable in Europe so far. The three men behind the striker (no matter the line-up) simply don't help Ismael and Sandro enough. With Theo often going forward, this often puts us in a delicate situation. We've had success with this set-up, but I think a three man midfield with a true DM would improve us a lot. We've invested a lot of money into the AM position though.
It doesn’t work, cause you actually need at least 1 dm for it to work. Neither of these two are.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, KakĂ , Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
Here we go. Another 45 minutes of shitting bricks.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are already playing a version of 343 both in possession and the defensive phase.

Theo is joining Tonali and Bennacer in the midfield when pressing. The problem is coming when they beat the first press and we lose the spare man in defence as Rebic isn't doing the wingback things necessary to pull this off. The pressing shape in general isn't bad, but our reaction to losing the first duel is causing us real issues.

It's also a trend where teams have realized that all you need to do to destroy our defence is for a defender to step forward in an unexpected position and we are too slow to figure out how to reset and regain control defensively. A bit of gungho chaos is great for final third pressing, but the same mentality is totally destructive when the press is beaten in the first phase. A reset and shape regaining phase needs to happen before the pressing can start again and the duel challenges.
I'm not talking about those phases, I meant when we fall back, we should NOT be in a 4231 shape. We need to have three CBs and keep one free at all times.

Schedule