The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some credit to Tatarusanu - played a lot better than I expected him to do during Maignan's absence. Now MM should be back by our next game and hopefully no relapse again.
gods I think he’s terrible but a backup keeper isn’t usually going to be very good. We have to keep fucking Mike healthy.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In terms of Pioli's approach and decision making this game was bottom of the barrel

And to think he pretty much had the whole week to prepare

Fiorentina, Cremonese, Spezia, Torino, Verona, Empoli. All very unenjoyable matches to watch. And thats excluding the two Chelsea games. But they did all come after that Napoli game where our injuries peaked.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Pioli is safe and for what he has shown when he has a full squad, I feel he deserves to be.

In saying that, I would be disappointed if we didn’t go into the January market looking to sign some real difference makers. The squad needs it.

Im one of the few that thinks there wont be much action in January. What position would you try to upgrade ?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
gods I think he’s terrible but a backup keeper isn’t usually going to be very good. We have to keep fucking Mike healthy.
He's never been good with the ball, but he's learning (even at his age!) and played some really risky & delightful passes to slice through the Fiorentina midfield. Against Monza he got an assist to Brahim and his passes to our attacking midfielder(s) in the other games he played was successful several times.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im one of the few that thinks there wont be much action in January. What position would you try to upgrade ?
I disagree, a lot of teams in Europe will treat the 2nd half of the season like a new season

So we will see a lot of action this summer from other clubs which will trickle down

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Had to leave around the hour mark. What did I miss?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Some credit to Tatarusanu - played a lot better than I expected him to do during Maignan's absence. Now MM should be back by our next game and hopefully no relapse again.

Tatarusano is below average. I say that purely because he doesnt have the back lines trust. They all avoid passing the ball back to him.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I disagree, a lot of teams in Europe will treat the 2nd half of the season like a new season

So we will see a lot of action this summer from other clubs which will trickle down

The way I see it. We have a big squad where players still havent got a chance to play even during an injury crisis. Theres a lot of players returning from injuries, and numerically we’re covered in all positions.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i was expecting more dropped points today (and it was close) because we're just in that kind of period.

as much as i hate being without Milan games for 2+ months...this is a great time to reset things....i'm confident we'll come out the other end as a different team.

second star, here we come.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
i was expecting more dropped points today (and it was close) because we're just in that kind of period.

as much as i hate being without Milan games for 2+ months...this is a great time to reset things....i'm confident we'll come out the other end as a different team.

second star, here we come.
Agreed a much needed break and time to regroup Milan will come back much stronger post world cup. It will also offer time to reflect on games played and what might need to be approached differently going forward. A strong second half to the season will change everything.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Is there the risk some of Milan’s players were distracted by the upcoming World Cup in Qatar?

“We don’t have that many players who are going to the World Cup and one of them is 36 years old, so we doubt he will be distracted."
f98271a8bd510425be09973b1f950956_w200.gif

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way I see it. We have a big squad where players still havent got a chance to play even during an injury crisis. Theres a lot of players returning from injuries, and numerically we’re covered in all positions.
many players, but quality is missing
No reliable DM to rotate with Ben and Tonali
Ben and Tonali shouldn't be 100% starters as they are very inconsistent

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Juventus in best form currently. Great thing is that now is pause of championship. Pioli has a lot of work ,probably to try to change formation. Our midfield is too open.We are not as compact and don't press like last year. Maldini maybe intervene in winter mercato. Ziyech and Kiwior are mentioned a lot.

Rossonero10

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t think there will be either. Maldini strikes me as a very calculated director. I believe he’s patient with players and in tune with training performance so does not rush into the market. Preferring to rely on the calculated risks previously made in the market to come good. (We bore the fruits of this by being patient with players like Leao, Tonali)

I’d really love a more direct RW. France benefit from Giroud’s hold up play a lot, because their wide attackers are quick and technical. I feel this dimension, would help both the left and right hand side of play to be more effective (more threats for opposition to consider)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
MN: Pioli left San Siro quickly (and in tears) following the game against Fiorentina. He did not attend the post match press conference for personal reasons and Maldini replaced him.

Now reportly left in tears. I wonder what happened?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Probably Rafa is leaving
Leao teared up after his goal is just speculating that it means he is leaving. So unless the club knew before the game - it being Leao's last for us - then it wouldn't make sense.

And if the club knew then Pioli would've most likely still done his presser. Others would have been upset (Maldini himself) and surely more would've been done or said about it.

Seems more personal than just that.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
MN: Pioli left San Siro quickly (and in tears) following the game against Fiorentina. He did not attend the post match press conference for personal reasons and Maldini replaced him.

Now reportly left in tears. I wonder what happened?
it must be the realization that playing Pobega over Vranckx might get him in trouble from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule