The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
His stats are insane. The fact he's still scoring crazy amounts while being several years younger than those who's playing with. I mean, a fourteen year old scoring goals against a Serie D side?

He keeps getting pushed up a level, and I'm sure there will be a time where the physical limitations of being... fourteen will impact his play, it's just... it's hard not to get excited about the kid.

It's the goals, plus the fact that they're pushing him up fast. Obviously the chances of the kid not panning out are high and I don't want to give the kid the "Sam Approval/Kiss of Death," but like... it would be really awesome to have the next MVB come up through our youth academy and be our striker for the next like 20 years.
Yep…time will tell if he’s the real deal but so far the signs are promising and he’s consistently delivering the goods. Therefore, I expect him to be promoted to the Primavera in a season or two max (this friendly was just a test which he passed) and then to the first team thereafter if he continues to produce (like Donna).

Also, I think he has an eerie resemblance to Shevchenko (not MVB) in both looks and playing style which is why I’ve christened him ‘YOUNG SHEVA’ :proud:

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
-OBubYAIgOxE3ZxPNwLcuO3ZHAs6XwLEptOKwjkVLDo.jpg

For some reason I expected more clubs to have 20+ or at least a lot more with 10+.
22 winners. 23 men squad would = 506 winners.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can't wait to enjoy Charles once he explodes.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yep…time will tell if he’s the real deal but so far the signs are promising and he’s consistently delivering the goods. Therefore, I expect him to be promoted to the Primavera in a season or two max (this friendly was just a test which he passed) and then to the first team thereafter if he continues to produce (like Donna).

Also, I think he has an eerie resemblance to Shevchenko (not MVB) in both looks and playing style which is why I’ve christened him ‘YOUNG SHEVA’ :proud:
I think he will be primavera player from next year and i totaly agree he is more like sheva noting fancy just clinical left foot right foot headers great body control.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Mercato signing by redshit-----florenzi ibra mike hahahahah
my God they are worst then elliot.
What did you expect? And who should we sign? With a healthy squad we're pretty stacked.

Excited to potentially see Charles at CF.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol:

It was a mistake not to cash in for 15m+ last summer whilst his stock was at its highest. He adds literally NOTHING to the team.
we still could get 15 ish mil and i would pack his bags and drive him by myself.

mediocore of mediocore.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think he will be primavera player from next year and i totaly agree he is more like sheva noting fancy just clinical left foot right foot headers great body control.
100%…I’m also one of the few that still rates Colombo (currently has 4g/2a in 521 mins aka 6 full 90 min games playing for shitty Lecce). Not bad at all for a 20yo and hopefully one of them can come good.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100%…I’m also one of the few that still rates Colombo (currently has 4g/2a in 521 mins aka 6 full 90 min games playing for shitty Lecce). Not bad at all for a 20yo and hopefully one of them can come good.
he is nice player noting to great but great left foot and strong.
I would cash him in 1-2 year for 25-30 mil if he cont. like this our he could be great backup.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
call me crazy but WE NEEEED TO LEARN SELLING and selling players like pobega 15 mil krunic 10 mil sale 15-20 mil colombo 15 mil is way to make money so we can spend on real players we need.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
First priority is and should be the retention of Leao and Bennacer.

I believe in the squad as is, although I'm tortured by the Maignan injury and pissed off about the Origi injury. But patience and belief has been a centerpiece of this project, and it should continue to be so.

Depending on Origis injury I'd maybe loan another striker, but I think we'll rather trust CDK/Lazetic.

And why would RedBird change a winning formula btw? Lol.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First priority is and should be the retention of Leao and Bennacer.

I believe in the squad as is, although I'm tortured by the Maignan injury and pissed off about the Origi injury. But patience and belief has been a centerpiece of this project, and it should continue to be so.

Depending on Origis injury I'd maybe loan another striker, but I think we'll rather trust CDK/Lazetic.

And why would RedBird change a winning formula btw? Lol.
Winning formula???
8 points behind leaders.
And if you succed 1. x doesnt give you right to says winnign formula.
we are worst then last year couse we replaced kessie starting cm with pobega and didnt add non starters.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

True about the Sheva part. His technique looks quite similar.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To date we are no longer fucking strong, the new purchases have not yet settled in, contribution almost equal to 0, we have lost a fundamental pawn like Kessiè without replacing him adequately, and injuries are always present.
Stronger where

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Winning formula???
8 points behind leaders.
And if you succed 1. x doesnt give you right to says winnign formula.
we are worst then last year couse we replaced kessie starting cm with pobega and didnt add non starters.
The season ends in May.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Their goal isnt wining ,it is just to be close to first places and play cl ,so he can sell Milan when we get stadium.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we have to sell to be able to re-invest in the squad, I don't think selling the squad players will give any benefit. We do need a 25 man squad and if we sell say Krunic for 15 million, we need to invest to get another squad player for depth. Assume we go for a young prospect, he will not immediately perform at Krunic's level (although they could have a higher ceiling in long term).
If the only way to spend is by reinvesting sales revenue, we have to sell the likes of Leao who will get you enough money to get 2-3 good players.
But that strategy could backfire because there is no guarantee that the replacements will make the team better and it will also send a signal that we are a second tier club.
Best scenario is RedBird investing the extra revenue we get from CL. If they are too stingy, our only hope is Moncada unearthing some gems.
I could agree but then again you can find krunic type of players even in lower sides for little money but keeping players like pobega krunic sale you dont get to much.
For example,sell those 3 for 40 mil add 10 more
get top talent rw for 35 mil and top younf cm for 15 is mil

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
he is nice player noting to great but great left foot and strong.
I would cash him in 1-2 year for 25-30 mil if he cont. like this our he could be great backup.
Agreed...I think his career trajectory lies somewhere between being a solid Serie A scorer e.g. Quagliarella and a prolific hitman like Immobile. Therefore, I think he has a good chance of staying at Milan long term like Calabria which is why MMM have insisted on including a buyback clause in all of his deals.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Very good article on Victor Eletu with in-game footage from SempreMilan...like I said before, he has a very good skillset for a 17yo and looks better than Pobega did at the same age (and hopefully displaces him one day).

I think that Eletu, Chaka Traore, Colombo + Camarda have the strongest chance of ending up in the first team one day.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He added more than CDK and Adli combined :lol:
I mean that‘s not hard but still, if anything Adli is highest up on the sell on list.
True but even a blind man can see that CDK + Adli both have the skillset of potential top players whereas Pobega's ceiling is merely that of a 'good' player in a midtable side. We're in a catch 22 situation because the likes of Kalulu, CDK, Thiaw, Adli, Tonali etc are 22yo or younger and usually players don't hit their peak until much later in their careers. Obviously Kalulu + Tonali have already shown their talent consistently but not every player is the same especially if their confidence levels are low or they get limited minutes. It doesn't help that some of our most promising youth talents are between the ages of 14-17yo either. I guess that's the price you have to pay when you decide to focus exclusively on a 'youth project'.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
To date we are no longer fucking strong, the new purchases have not yet settled in, contribution almost equal to 0, we have lost a fundamental pawn like Kessiè without replacing him adequately, and injuries are always present.
Stronger where
The summer mercato was a complete and utter DISASTER e.g. signing CDK for 35m when Dybala was available for free, redeeming Messias instead of signing a proper RW, redeeming injury prone Florenzi and failing to cash in on Pobega or the likes of Krunic + Salad whilst their stock was at it's highest.

Still, I really like the Thiaw signing (relative to the purchase price) and believe that he can develop into a strong player in the future. Obviously he's still extremely young (21yo) but he's in the right place to perfect the art of defending. Very shrewd 'Kalulu-esque' signing from Moncada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule