• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From the math thread:

1672839767785.png

That's the difference between having a good GK and Tata between your posts... one shot on target, we concede.

Yes I know you'll going to tell me he can't be blame, he's not the main culprit, blablabla whatever you want. But this is not one game where this happens. It happens all the time since months!! As soon as opponents get a shot on target we concede, and that's not even a meme, it's statistic. Can't underline how much I hate our GK situation. If it was up to me, Maldini can easily go and get five other GKs...

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I don’t care. Vrancxx is my 3rd choice midfield even NOW. He has to play over Pobega or even Krunic (unless Krunic is CAM)

Vrancxx has shown enough. He’s quality and he should be the one used to rotate if we need to rest Tonali/Bennacer.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
This victory after the PSV game and the commode meltdown

mhmm-so-good.gif

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
hope giroud picks up form. We desperately need his goals this month. In the league and the supercoppa. It would be extremely frustrating if we can create all these chances and they’re not put away against the likes of Roma and inter

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
After good things happen, it gets so quiet in here.
Not everyone have heart strong enough to keep arguing after performance like that.

Joke aside, isn't in Europe still a working hour now?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Not everyone have heart strong enough to keep arguing after performance like that.

Joke aside, isn't in Europe still a work hour now?
Us on the other side just started our day

Will watch the replay later

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if this is of interest, but it was fun to make it. I put the net spendings from player trading of this season (earnings minus spendings) of each team in comparision to their relative standings in the table (before todays restart). This is how it looks:

1672840499865.png

Some outtakes:

• Net-spending wise, Elliott/RedBird have spend more than any other team this summer -> If Elliott/RedBird are being stingy, then what are others in comparision?
  • Napoli has done extremly well: leading the table by a large margin with a positive net spending (which means they earned more money from player trading than they spent).
  • There is obviously no correlance between spending big and getting results.
  • Spending cleverly is key, not spending per se.
  • Feel free to add other outtakes if you want.
If we discuss last summers mercato, I don't think the issue might have been spending too little, but rather poorly, especially in hindsight. But then again, we're 2nd in the table, improved our CL run compared to last season and there's still a chance the new players might hit form for the 2nd half, so jury for me is still out with a good chance that this mercato might turn from a slightly negative rating into a positive one. Harsh critics now are definitelly too soon for me.

And again: No it's not true Elliott/RedBird don't spend money, especially compared to the rest of Serie A where we've been the most spending club, that's a fact. Sure if you sell someone for 100M, it's easier to go on the market and buy players for 70M and still regist a 30M positive. But if you're talking actual, real spending power, then net spending is the number you should be looking for.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Don't know if this is of interest, but it was fun to make it. I put the net spendings from player trading of this season (earnings minus spendings) of each team in comparision to their relative standings in the table (before todays restart). This is how it looks:

View attachment 13748

Some outtakes:

• Net-spending wise, Elliott/RedBird have spend more than any other team this summer -> If Elliott/RedBird are being stingy, then what are others in comparision?
  • Napoli has done extremly well: leading the table by a large margin with a positive net spending (which means they earned more money from player trading than they spent).
If we discuss last summers mercato, I don't think the issue might have been spending too little, but rather poorly, especially in hindsight. But then again, we're 2nd in the table, improved our CL run compared to last season and there's still a chance the new players might hit form for the 2nd half, so jury for me is still out with a good chance that this mercato might turn from a slightly negative rating into a positive one. Harsh critics now are definitelly too soon for me.

And again: No it's not true Elliott/RedBird don't spend money, especially compared to the rest of Serie A where we've been the most spending club, that's a fact. Sure if you sell someone for 100M, it's easier to go on the market and buy players for 70M and still regist a 30M positive. But if you're talking actual, real spending power, then net spending is the number you should be looking for.
Tldr, it's Maldini's fault :D

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
After Milan 4-0 Bayern in 2017 and Milan 4-2 Real Madrid in the 14/15 season, I'll never form an opinion on how good/shit we are based on a friendly game.

Granted, we looked comically bad in the 3 friendlies this winter, but I knew we'd go up a gear again as Serie A resumed.

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
personally i could only watch like 35 min but winning 2-1 vs salernitana considering the difference in teambudgets is huge is more like a neutral thing
getting 3 points is very nice ofcourse but i dont care so much about points anymore

most people here pray for prizes and points and what not...when serie A title prestige is at lowest level in history..winning it this year is like yea w/e
i just wanna see good football under the A.C Milan banner against competitive opponents

il care about points when we are in CL competitive again on equal playing field ...then il count the points (and even then i dont care much about points and trophies...cause i wanna see good football else its boring)

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 13748

Some outtakes:

Juve and Roma did a lot of spending last year when Juve bought Vlaovich and Roma bought Tammy and others. Spending is also salaries where Inter and Juve have much higher salaries. Inter was supposed to be financially fucked and the table shows their net spending almost the same as Milan. So Milan being a "financially strong" club with a relatively low wage bill spent almost the same as a financially fucked club! That doesn't look too good for Elliott!!

Milan as 7 time CL winners have to be in a position to compete with Real, Bayern, Liverpool, not just Napoli, Roma, Atalanta....

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve and Roma did a lot of spending last year when Juve bought Vlaovich and Roma bought Tammy and others. Spending is also salaries where Inter and Juve have much higher salaries. Inter was supposed to be financially fucked and the table shows their net spending almost the same as Milan. So Milan being a "financially strong" club with a relatively low wage bill spent almost the same as a financially fucked club! That doesn't look to good for Elliott!!

Milan as 7 time CL winners have to be in a position to compete with Real, Bayern, Liverpool, not just Napoli, Roma, Atalanta....

The sample size is little and can be missleading, true.

But then again, you can argue Elliott took over in summer 2018. We went from:

• 5th place
  • 6th place
  • 2nd place
  • 1st place
  • currently: 2nd place

Inter in the same time, with much more spending and much higher payroll, went from:

• 4th place
  • 2nd place
  • 1st place
  • 2nd place
  • currently: 5th place

Juve through the last 4,5 years, with excessively more net spendings and payroll:

• 1st place
  • 1st place
  • 4th place
  • 4th place
  • currently: 3rd place

For both of them the trend is showing downwards while debts and legal complications with the law are increasing, especially for Juve. Our trend though is undeniably upwards. So you're right, Elliott isn't looking good, but actually great, while the others... not so much.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali on Leao: “He’s always been at the centre of the project. He doesn’t think about the transfer market. He’s a Milan player and wants to stay with us, we saw it even after the goal. We just have to hold on to him and love him.”

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it too much asked from Pioli to suspend all trainings until the Roma game? We just survived a game without any further injuries, but we all know the biggest injury thread for us is training, so...

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The sample size is little and can be missleading, true.

But then again, you can argue Elliott took over in summer 2018. We went from:

• 5th place
  • 6th place
  • 2nd place
  • 1st place
  • currently: 2nd place

Inter in the same time, with much more spending and much higher payroll, went from:

• 4th place
  • 2nd place
  • 1st place
  • 2nd place
  • currently: 5th place

Juve through the last 4,5 years, with excessively more net spendings and payroll:

• 1st place
  • 1st place
  • 4th place
  • 4th place
  • currently: 3rd place

For both of them the trend is showing downwards while debts and legal complications with the law are increasing, especially for Juve. Our trend though is undeniably upwards. So you're right, Elliott isn't looking good, but actually great, while the others... not so much.

What made Milan stronger was the some of the earlier spending by Elliott when Milan bought Leao, Bennacer, Theo and then Tonali, Tomori. These players are still the ones keeping Milan near the top. Then in the last year Elliott became extra miserly and the team hasn't really progressed in the last 1 / 1.5 years to jump to the next level. The new players mostly sit on the bench and don't contribute that much.

Juve management and policies were a mess. So spending unders those conditions is not going to be effective. Still, buying Vlaovich saved their season, as before his arrival at Juve it was looking very likely they would finish outside the the top 4. Inter also had loads of issues, financial problems, changing coaches etc...

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
im happy that we have tonali in the squad...he performs quite consistently and for a grinta player he has good technique and passing..also physically pretty good
the obvious future captain

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t care. Vrancxx is my 3rd choice midfield even NOW. He has to play over Pobega or even Krunic (unless Krunic is CAM)

Vrancxx has shown enough. He’s quality and he should be the one used to rotate if we need to rest Tonali/Bennacer.
Indeed Vranckx looks interesting
worth 12m in todays market

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I want to give Sandro Tonali his due today. I’d say Bennacer is our more creative outlet and the better passer in our team but Tonali playmaking ability was really very good tonight. His passing and crossing has been getting better. That assist to Leao was simply lovely. He’s really the ideal #8 in football. If Pioli needs him upfront in the pitch closer to a 10, he will deliver. If he needs him to defend and stay further back, he can deliver. A great box-to box midfielder.

He’s really developing into an elite midfielder. I felt that his passing and progressing the ball has been improving and tonight, he really delivered some great balls today.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

View attachment 13748

Some outtakes:

In other words, the issue is that we’ve been terrible at selling our players. Kessie/Hakan/Romagnoli/Dollaruma, we should have least gotten some money out of them somehow instead of letting their contract run out for free.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But it's been explained, many, many times before, that's not how it works. If you sell a player for 100m, you book those 100m as profit in that season, regardless of how the payments are structured.

If you then go and buy players for 70m, on the books, you split that over the entire amortization of the players contract.

I'm surprised that so many on here are confused by this.

Net spending per single year doesn't exist. It's a term journalists made up. This is why when it comes to FFP or any other financial regulations, it's looked at over several years.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
personally i could only watch like 35 min but winning 2-1 vs salernitana considering the difference in teambudgets is huge is more like a neutral thing
getting 3 points is very nice ofcourse but i dont care so much about points anymore

most people here pray for prizes and points and what not...when serie A title prestige is at lowest level in history..winning it this year is like yea w/e
i just wanna see good football under the A.C Milan banner against competitive opponents

il care about points when we are in CL competitive again on equal playing field ...then il count the points (and even then i dont care much about points and trophies...cause i wanna see good football else its boring)
And whenever Milan plays great but fails to achieve results the sentiment is whatever as well innit? Whoever remembers the fine displays we've had where we won nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule