Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Amazon and Tesla don’t have a corrupt and biased regulatory entities overseeing them like Milan has with UEFA. We will get curb stomped if we do what you’re saying.

If you can’t get that through your head, then you’ll just continue banging your head against the wall trying to figure out why we aren’t spending like the “apex predators.”

You have to spend money to make money, but FFP prevents clubs at our level from doing so. So, we’ve had to take a different approach to building a team that can grow with our revenue and grow into European contention. We will continue to add to that squad in a similar manner until our spending power increases.
Good point, though I believe RedBird will drive to profitability for reasons other than FFP (current financial climate coupled with the need to attract investors to pay existing debt, plus the need to raise money for the stadium via debt or investors).

Worth adding that for a poster that seems obsessed over one topic (and posts endlessly about it), claiming that others are "obsessed" is kind of funny.

In any case, harping on what was done or not done in the past feels pointless. I am more interested in how things will play out in the future.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about this win by merda. I still think they are our biggest rival this season. Napoli are natural bottlers and won't surprise me at all if they finish 3rd or 4th. On the other hand we are only 3 points ahead of merda with 2 derbies coming up for us while they play only mediocre sides. Would be pretty logical to expect us and them to finish with the same amount of points after 19 rounds which leaves it way too open for my liking.
Merda has 5 loses already. They cant allow draws or additional loses anymore. Sure we can finish half a season with same points or so but i wouldnt worry that much about them (unless they go on amazing run of victories). One loss, two draws and they re down 10 points from top. Simone doesnt have mentality, their wide backs re trash. Didnt have majore injuries so far. Still think Napoli s team to beat this year. Inter s inconsistent and already has 5 loses. They ycan beat any1 and lose when u dont excpect them. If history showed us anything, usually most consistent team wins it (Napoli question s spaleti as usual).

This was good result imo.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
According to Longo we like Gonzales from Lecce.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On the other hand, in order for Napoli to bottle it they have to drop points in some matches. In that regard Merdas win helped tremendously.
А draw would mean that both teams dropped points. -6 from Napoli and +5 on merda sounds better to me than -5 from Napoli and +3 on merda.
The season's is long and Napoli will crumble. They didn't even look that good in the last few games of 2022. Lots of points came with a lot of luck and out-of-this-world conversion rate which will obviously not last forever. Yesterday they were total crap. Last season they looked like a proper Scudetto contender as well until they napolied their pants against Viola, Roma and Empoli (3 games, 2 at home and 1 point). The same will happen this season for sure.
Merda on the other hand, are still a proper team that can deliver good results consistently and I am 100% sure that they will finish above Napoli.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Na
Yeah that's what I thought. That's why I'm quite protective with Elliotts/RedBirds current course. At least as long as it doesn't hold us back from improving and winning, which is quite obviously not happening.

This. I'm not celebrating Inter winning such an important, moral boosting game. But on the other hand if Napoli doesn't start to drop points in a big game like yesterday against Inter, when will they? A year ago, Inter was 8 points away from us, and could have widened that gap to 11 points by winning the derby. Fortunately we won it, that gap became 5 points, rest is history. Now we're here again, with Napolis previous gap of 8 points shrinking to only 5. Suddenly, the scudetto race has reopened for almost everyone in the Top 4, us included. That's definitely a good thing.
Napoli losing was a good thing. We need the leaders to drop points asap so we can close the gap at the top. Inter are behind us. If they catch up they will deserve to win. If Napoli don’t slow down we can’t win.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Merda has 5 loses already. They cant allow draws or additional loses anymore. Sure we can finish half a season with same points or so but i wouldnt worry that much about them (unless they go on amazing run of victories). One loss, two draws and they re down 10 points from top. Simone doesnt have mentality, their wide backs re trash. Didnt have majore injuries so far. Still think Napoli s team to beat this year. Inter s inconsistent and already has 5 loses. They ycan beat any1 and lose when u dont excpect them. If history showed us anything, usually most consistent team wins it (Napoli question s spaleti as usual).

This was good result imo.
There are 66 points still to be earned and they have 33 right now. Even if they draw 5 games and lose 1 they will be have 86 in the end which is normally enough for the Scudetto.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
А draw would mean that both teams dropped points. -6 from Napoli and +5 on merda sounds better to me than -5 from Napoli and +3 on merda.
The season's is long and Napoli will crumble. They didn't even look that good in the last few games of 2022. Lots of points came with a lot of luck and out-of-this-world conversion rate which will obviously not last forever. Yesterday they were total crap. Last season they looked like a proper Scudetto contender as well until they napolied their pants against Viola, Roma and Empoli (3 games, 2 at home and 1 point). The same will happen this season for sure.
Merda on the other hand, are still a proper team that can deliver good results consistently and I am 100% sure that they will finish above Napoli.
Draw was the best outcome for us in terms of raw points, but a Napoli loss is great too, especially to mess with their heads. An away draw to Inter isn’t too bad, mentally.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Draw was the best outcome for us in terms of raw points, but a Napoli loss is great too, especially to mess with their heads. An away draw to Inter isn’t too bad, mentally.
That's true, but they will crumble anyway. They had 11 consecutive wins (the best patch in their history) and still didn't manage to run away with a big lead despite us playing like garbage in most games. Once all pieces fall into their places we will overtake them with ease (if we find good form).

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's true, but they will crumble anyway. They had 11 consecutive wins (the best patch in their history) and still didn't manage to run away with a big lead despite us playing like garbage in most games. Once all pieces fall into their places we will overtake them with ease (if we find good form).
Let’s hope so. We also pretty likely to fall apart because of injuries. Maignan is a HUGE loss. Salernitana had one shot and scored.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Clubs are sleeping on Baldanzi.
3 goals from 452 mins. Buy and loan back

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
xkrTaU6.png

giphy.gif
I liked Dest in the Saele role yesterday.
We need that good ol balance player in the 4-2-3-1, its just the Gattuso role of this team, Saele still does it best though.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Moncada to L'Equipe: "I travel a lot and I see that the strongest market is the French one. I'm not crazy about the Brazilian one: it's too expensive and involves difficulties in adapting. In France, the market is incredible: every club has players interesting"

"In France, the clubs have the will to bring out the players rather than win the youth competitions. The Italian Primavera championship is all broadcast on TV. There is pressure. Juventus, #Milan or Inter must win it, otherwise they are criticized by the press"

"Are the young Frenchmen more ready than the others? I don't know, but in general they aren't afraid. In Italy, if a youngster makes a mistake, it is immediately said that he is not ready and he will remain on the bench for a while. In France, no "

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Moncada to L'Equipe: "I travel a lot and I see that the strongest market is the French one. I'm not crazy about the Brazilian one: it's too expensive and involves difficulties in adapting. In France, the market is incredible: every club has players interesting"

"In France, the clubs have the will to bring out the players rather than win the youth competitions. The Italian Primavera championship is all broadcast on TV. There is pressure. Juventus, #Milan or Inter must win it, otherwise they are criticized by the press"

"Are the young Frenchmen more ready than the others? I don't know, but in general they aren't afraid. In Italy, if a youngster makes a mistake, it is immediately said that he is not ready and he will remain on the bench for a while. In France, no "

And yet, we do not buy a lot from France. We actually missed on some big targets like Kone. And also Enzo.
I wonder how he even talks to Paolo and Ricky when they bottled signings like Kone, Enzo and Julian. All cost less than 40 m combined.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
And yet, we do not buy a lot from France. We actually missed on some big targets like Kone. And also Enzo.
I wonder how he even talks to Paolo and Ricky when they bottled signings like Kone, Enzo and Julian. All cost less than 40 m combined.
you Sound Like you would do a better Job?

Also hindsight is 20/20

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
I don't know how I feel about this win by merda. I still think they are our biggest rival this season. Napoli are natural bottlers and won't surprise me at all if they finish 3rd or 4th. On the other hand we are only 3 points ahead of merda with 2 derbies coming up for us while they play only mediocre sides. Would be pretty logical to expect us and them to finish with the same amount of points after 19 rounds which leaves it way too open for my liking.
I share your concerns, and was hoping for a tie.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
why are you all worried about merdas? apart from yesterday then havent had a solid performance this season

im.png

won vs Lecce in the 95th
won vs Torino in the 89th
barely scraped a win vs Sass
won vs Fiorentina in the 95th
barely won vs Atalanta
got schooled by Lazio
got schooled by Leao
looked like some shitty serie c team vs Udinese
lost to Allegri :ibralol:
lost to Mourinho :ibralol:

what exactly is there to worry about?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you Sound Like you would do a better Job?

Also hindsight is 20/20
Paolo literally waited whole summer for Renato (15 m fee + big wages + constant injuries) who was obviously waiting for PSG to step up instead of taking Enzo for less money, smaller salary and amazing growth potential.

I think pretty much everyone on this forum would've done a better job in this particular situation.

Having Moncada in the team matters only if they buy his targets, otherwise they are just wasting each other's time.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I badly hope for a win on Sunday.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

Milan - Roma given to Davide Massa. Irrati and Piccinini in the VAR room​

this is gonna be fun :fp: Massa was the referee for that Giroud laying offside vs Napoli

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I hope Pioli and the boys go into the second half of the season with a less cocky and nonchalant attitude.

If last season’s taught us anything it is that nothing comes with ease for this team. Grinta, determination and hard fought wins were the cornerstones of that title, and my bet is that they will be again this time around should we clinch the title come May.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine anyone trying to claim that Yohong was better than RedBird (or Elliott) on the basis that they wasted 200m to achieve no sporting success whatsoever. Or trying to claim they did not take us to the brink of bankruptcy. Whatever.

Chinese owners' problem was that they kept a shit management ( Fassone, Mirabelli ). It's better to have a strong management than a shit management who can spend a lot.

So overall Elliott / Rebird are better than the Chinese because the club management is much better now. Then if you were to combine good management with good spending that's when you become a really top club ( Real Madrid, Man City )

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Most likely our current owners will drive to profitability sooner rather than later. In the current financial climate, big spending is not going to get much sympathy from potential investors and with high interest rates the cost of carrying debt is heavier. Very different from a few years ago. Investors now value profitability over growth potential. (Take this from someone who has been involved over the years in raising funds for high tech startups.)

Keep in mind that RedBird is already in debt with Elliott and will need additional funds for the stadium, so they will want to avoid going in debt for anything else. So big spending on players is unlikely to happen.

Y'all can complain as much as you want, it will not change reality.
That drive for profitability is for the shareholders, not the club... and you still cheer for them.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His is also talking to a french newspaper so him praising the french market is not really surprising.

We buy a lot from the top 5 leagues and part of his point is how overrated Brazil is in comparison which still remains true, the only talent-league-trap we somewhat fall for is Belgien league, otherwise we did a good job at not paying premiums for talent-reputation.
Especially for Serie A football PL rejects and not too „german-style“ Bundesliga players work very well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule