Inter - Milan 05/02/2023 20:45 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This derby will likely decide the fate of Pioli, we are approaching this game with four losses and one draw in our last five games. We have the worst defense in top 5 leagues in 2023. It's a delicate moment for everyone. We were thrashed conclusively in Jeddah against Inter, and the only thing the Curva asked for at the end of Sassuolo was for 11 lions to show up for the derby.

Signals have been coming that Pioli will finally change to a three man midfield.

Our goalkeeper situation is at an all time bad.

Our defense is in complete tatters.

My preferred lineup:

Vasquez
Calabria-Kjaer-Kalulu-Theo
Tonali-Bennacer-Vranckx
CDK-Origi-Leao

I expect Pioli to stubbornly start Tatarusanu, Pobega, Saele/Messias and Giroud.

The crisis will either deepen or be righted somewhat.

What's for fucking certain is that this would be the perfect time to strike back!

FORZA MILAN!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Vasquez
Tonali-Bennacer-Vranckx
CDK-Origi-Leao
FORZA MILAN!

3 man mid of Krunic - Tonali - Bennacer

giphy.gif

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I'd take a 3-0 Inter win right now if it prevents the most embarrassing derby defeat in our history.

At one point yesterday we were 5-1 down at home to the mighty Sassuolo.

If we play the same against Inter it will be 5-0 by half time.

I'm praying for a miracle.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every match we are like "this match is going to decide Pioli's fate".

Then if the match turns sour we will EXTEND the deadline for his fate to the next. We will be saying the same thing.

If the match ends in our victory then ALL the consecutive sour matches prior will forever be forgotten. He stays and we save money on termination compensation.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Seedorf, Ali Sully Muntari, Massimo Ambrosini
Usually games like this one could be full of surprises
last year Milan lost to Spezia and had no hope and went from 0-1 to 2-1 in a couple of minutes when Giroud surprised everyone
Manchester United spent few seasons under performing but managed to upset some big teams in some of the big games and they also took heavy losses in other games
a win against Inter now is worth far more than against Sassulo or Monza or Lazio or Roma
Milan is good enough to do it but can the players believe in themselves enough to turn it around? that is the problem
it could go either way, Inter are super confident they can win big and that might help them or be against them if they thought of the big win from the first minute
despite the fact that 3 in the midfield is obviously better than 2 especially against a good team that plays 3 in the midfield, the problem is more about the high pressure than anything else
did Pioli understand this? you can't let your defenders be 3 against 4 players from Inter inside the box anymore.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This derby will likely decide the fate of Pioli, we are approaching this game with four losses and one draw in our last five games. We have the worst defense in top 5 leagues in 2023. It's a delicate moment for everyone. We were thrashed conclusively in Jeddah against Inter, and the only thing the Curva asked for at the end of Sassuolo was for 11 lions to show up for the derby.

Signals have been coming that Pioli will finally change to a three man midfield.

Our goalkeeper situation is at an all time bad.

Our defense is in complete tatters.

My preferred lineup:

Vasquez
Tonali-Bennacer-Vranckx
CDK-Origi-Leao

I expect Pioli to stubbornly start Tatarusanu, Pobega, Saele/Messias and Giroud.

The crisis will either deepen or be righted somewhat.

What's for fucking certain is that this would be the perfect time to strike back!

FORZA MILAN!
I don’t know I think Pioli will finish the season no matter what. Even if we lose the derby, there won’t be a reactionary response.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
This match comes at a bad time but considering that Inter is not doing much better then I am somewhat certain that it won't be a thrashing. A lot comes down to how well Pioli prepares for the match and I think the priority is to hide our weaknesses (defence) and hope to steal a goal for the win. For that reason I would play 3-4-2-1

______________Tatarusanu
________Calabria, Kjaer, Kalulu
Saelemakers, Tonali, Vranckx, Theo
___________De Ketelaere, Leao
________________Giroud

This way you have a compact square to combat in midfield, you have an extra man against their two CFs, you have wing backs to counter theirs (which is their main strength) and Giroud has shown to be difficult to defend against by their CBs.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I don’t know I think Pioli will finish the season no matter what. Even if we lose the derby, there won’t be a reactionary response.

I think it depends how much we lose by. If we get absolutely hammered I don't think there is any way he can continue.

We were 5-1 down at one point on Sunday to Sassuolo. If we play the same how many could Inter get?

I'm worried, very worried about this game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
No reinforcements in the market, we proceed.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Pioli needs to be brave, creative and turn the tide, or his time has to be up surely?

I truly hope we stem the tide and look to turn the corner.

Pioli has to look at what we have, what we need, and realise what he's doing isn't working, and it's not just the players. He has to rotate and try something new.

If it doesn't work, if he's seen to be trying and looking for answers, maybe there's hope for him.

As always, Forza Milan!!!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We gonna face them with one striker and a weaker midfield than the usual?

They play with wingers, and our couch bravely takes off our supporting striker and inserts one man more to mark the center field.

Just mirror them Pioli, and atleast try to make difficult to them.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Pioli isn’t getting fired regardless. We are on “stay as we are” mode :g:

Schedule