Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Some rumors that RedBird want us to build our own stadium, probably in Sesto. Without Inter.
Is there any new tidbits?

Because that has been floating around, first Elliot then Investcorp and now RedBird

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra scored more than Origi at 40 with no legs and just dai dai from bench. And people are twerking for it this some dog shit afternoon family. Get me a striker, we already have Oliver as a clutch scorer.

Botman please I am tired of midget back line poor Oliver is the busiest man in any corner kick situations
He's not as bad as you think.

1654019601091.png

Here he is with comparable forwards in Serie A. These are career stats. The key indicator here is npxG (non penalty expected goals). Most of the strikers are on 0.5-0.55. Origi is at 0.4. Lower, but not by that much. He's also played as a winger for a part of his career.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with RM, to balance the high flying left. but the AM part, i think it's more because of the Characteristics of the player play there. Saelemaekers specifically, who naturally likes to come in, far in. i think Pioli would be happy to have a RW (RM) who does all that's required (pressing, def contribution) but when in possession, stretches the game by pulling a defender or 2 wide to decongest the middle.

ps. not specifically talking about Renato on the RW. i'm Glad he can play and play well in all those postion and will be needed there (AM RW & more) from time to time.
I think he wants both options, depending on the game or game state.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's not as bad as you think.

View attachment 5399

Here he is with comparable forwards in Serie A. These are career stats. The key indicator here is npxG (non penalty expected goals). Most of the strikers are on 0.5-0.55. Origi is at 0.4. Lower, but not by that much. He's also played as a winger for a part of his career.

As a winger, the xA should be higher but that's also lower for Origi. The npxG+xA is just 0.48. Origi is decent but it would be nice if Milan had other players who could play the fwd position like CDK and Noa Lang.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I agree with RM, to balance the high flying left. but the AM part, i think it's more because of the Characteristics of the player play there. Saelemaekers specifically, who naturally likes to come in, far in. i think Pioli would be happy to have a RW (RM) who does all that's required (pressing, def contribution) but when in possession, stretches the game by pulling a defender or 2 wide to decongest the middle.

ps. not specifically talking about Renato on the RW. i'm Glad he can play and play well in all those postion and will be needed there (AM RW & more) from time to time.
The RM/AM was working because originally we had Diaz who was an SS than an AM.
But now with Adli coming I would really like a natural RW or at least a RW/RM to stretch our game.
I want one that can attack spaces behind their defenders & who could beat his man from outside rather than always cutting inside.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As a winger, the xA should be higher but that's also lower for Origi. The npxG+xA is just 0.48. Origi is decent but it would be nice if Milan had other players who could play the fwd position like CDK and Noa Lang.
That's the whole point. He's good for what he is, a cheap option at CF that allows us to play the way we want to. He's not a superstar CF. He's another stopgap (with the upside that maybe he explodes with more gametime) that won't limit us the way Giroud does.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Barcelona’s deal with CVC was to run for 50 years - which was to provide them with up to €270m in exchange for 8.2% of their audiovisual rights

lol, they’re selling share of rights for 50 years just to get out of hole now. This is some Belt & Road stuff :lol:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I think he wants both options, depending on the game or game state.
in terms of options, we'd naturally want all options. but the way we currently on the right is more dictaded by the player we have there...and could also because the player we don't have at AM...with a AM that controls the middle, i doubt the RW (RM) would need to come so close to him. au contraire, it'll be much more beneficial if he position in a way where the AM can feed him some ball to lead to dangerous situation on the right... rather than being 10 yard away from him.

we also hear Pioli always yelling his lungs out to Rafa (when not in position) to stay far left to stretch the game... he'd appreciate opening that middle even more with his RW (RM).

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Barcelona’s deal with CVC was to run for 50 years - which was to provide them with up to €270m in exchange for 8.2% of their audiovisual rights

lol, they’re selling share of rights for 50 years just to get out of hole now. This is some Belt & Road stuff :lol:

Is this the same deal that La Liga took but Real Barca and Athletic turned down. Or is this separate?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I pray you are correct. Our offense is our weak link with that back line and goal keeper. All I need is a prolific striker to pair with Leao.

Last time he scored 10 goals was 2016 that too 11 goals in all competitions. Paolo you going to be Saint soon with this being your greatest miracle .

Redshit man hahaha
We need a facilitator as much as we need a finisher. Him opening up space for the three behind him and Theo is as much a part of his job as getting on the end of crosses. Giroud was too predictable, so everything had to start with Leao, very deep. If defenders have to worry about Origi, not because he's better than Giroud, but because he's less predictable, that opens up space for the other players.

Again, i'm not saying he's perfect, but he's really well rounded and that's what we're looking for. Ibra and Giroud, for all the great things that they do, can't run. Origi can.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course there are others making that but he's 29 now, wanted a long term contract and to play in midfield as well. Bayern have younger players in all positions that Alaba wanted to play. I could understand if they were short on available players but that wasn't the case.
I think the age speaks for his wishes, with 29 that's his prime contract (also 29 is prime age for a defender) and he is one of the best defenders in the world, especially on club level. Bayern also absolutely wanted to keep him and was just pissed that he wanted more, it wasn't "oh we have those players coming up but you may stay for that amount". Now he and Real have the last laugh.
I don't know about the position thing, there are always stories about that so it may also be fabricated. He is only playing defender for Real, so maybe he put it on the table with Bayern when he already was close to Real and he just chanced it or it is completely BS.
Bayern are cheap and got too comfortable because they can bully everyone in Germany, with players that have a premium international market their shenanigans don't work. For me they are an example of "well run" gone too far.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine Kess staying :proud:
Am torn if i will accept or not.
If he stayed, we could have built around him, but since he's left, I think the profile of the midfielders we're going for, it looks like we're going for midfielders who have a more well-rounded skillset than he does.

I'm surprised Chelsea didn't grab him to replace Kante, he would fit like a glove into Bayern's midfield, too. The Barca move really... it just makes little sense to me.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Bring back Kessie at a quarter of what we last offered him :o
I think just like Dollarumma saga, this one is closed for us. I think Maldini will be ruthless like last time and ask Mugabe to fuck off.
I hope he gets taken by a foreign club. I don't want Marotta or Juve signing him up for free.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I pray you are correct. Our offense is our weak link with that back line and goal keeper. All I need is a prolific striker to pair with Leao.

Last time he scored 10 goals was 2016 that too 11 goals in all competitions. Paolo you going to be Saint soon with this being your greatest miracle .

Redshit man hahaha
Our RW & AM were far worse than our ST position.
We basically need two RW & two RW.
Its why Origi or Belotti being decent players for free are an opportunity to allocate money to solve the much more needed problem in our RW & AM positions.
Plz let this be the last time you act like you never heard an explanation of the above before.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
If he stayed, we could have built around him, but since he's left, I think the profile of the midfielders we're going for, it looks like we're going for midfielders who have a more well-rounded skillset than he does.

I'm surprised Chelsea didn't grab him to replace Kante, he would fit like a glove into Bayern's midfield, too. The Barca move really... it just makes little sense to me.
indeed. it's been months that i've not digested his anticipated departure but i'm actually exited to see a different profile there...obvioulsly no one is as strong as him... but a physical DM, tactically more astute, and technically more refined, who has the ability to every once in a while, ping a 40-40 yard pass to Leao after he steals a ball.

won't be mad if he stayed...but def not praying for it

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
No Noah Lang!
No Berardi!

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

He was probably viewed as the De Jong replacement. Who is the only non academy player they can get a good money for.

They wanted him to more or less do the same job he was doing for us. Provide cover for the FB. Also I think they wanted someone with strength in the midfield as it is lightweight. Fine for La Liga not so much in Europe. + Biscuits is getting older and they probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule