fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Best Defender in Italy :ibralol:
Could easily adapt to our 2 CB system :yikes:

Still cannot fathom how the Serie A MVP awards from last season weren't those:

Best GK - Maignan
Best defender - Tomori -- (Bremer)
Best midfielder - Milinkovic Savic -- (Brozovic)
Best attacker - Vlahovic -- (Immobile)
Best U23 - Tonali -- (Osimhen)
Best player - Leao

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s impossible to find a Florenzi type deal for LB.
Agreed, I think we’re replacimg FBT with an Italian. The fact that we didn’t take his photo for the season is very suspicious. Him, Tata and Bakayoko are probably out.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"selling without buying" doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Also, it's not really like we have underperforming profiles we could just sell and make improvements.

If by the end of the season, we didn't reach our goal, not a single person will look back and say "well at least we spend the most without having to sell".

"Buying without winning" doesn't mean shit neither, tho. I think we all can agree that your transfer campaign, whether you are focusing on net spending or gross spending, is only worth as much as your success on the pitch afterwards. With Fassone and Mirabelli we have spend a lot but badly, and we payed the bill for that in the subsequent years, including sitting out one year of EL. We are spending much less now, and we have just won a Scudetto. Spending for the sake of spending has no correlation with success (and a lot of people here, not you, have a hard time understanding this). Spending wisely does, tho (I know you got that long time ago, it's not necessarily referred to you). The thing is that we can only determine if we or others have spend wisely in hindsight, once the season has concluded and we wrap up the final standings.

The net spending argument has been brought up as counter argument to those saying "Milan is poor and has no money" and to a further extend to those saying "look at Juve, they are spending, they are rich, we aren't". Because if we were that broken, how can we spend money without selling before? That's all. We are not poor. Not poorer than Juve in that regard. It doesn't mean tho that we have conducted a better mercato than those with a positive net spending. Again, that's to be seen at the end of the season.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if FBT is exactly the type of player the management scouted and targeted. He’s cheap, energetic and can play multiple positions on the left. Most importantly he’s happily sitting on the bench except for those 5 games of a season without dropping too much quality or impact our style of play. Not everyone needs to be a starter level player in a title winning squad.
They don't have to be starter level for OUR squad. But they should at least be sure starters for other Serie A teams, and right now Idk if Fodder Toure would start on any other team in the league. Maybe someone from the bottom 3

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve and ManU are two prime examples of clubs who seem to mess up young talents. Who's the last young talent they have produced / bought young and managed to improve over the time? I don't think they bought bad players when they got players like Chiesa, De Ligt, Sancho, VdB, etc. etc., but that they have done them horribly, somehow...

With us it seems that all young talents we pick up improve and end up debutting for their NTs. It's not been like that always. During banter era, we seemed to have the very same effect on young players like Juve and ManU today. To me that's another sign of how things have changed and improved and how much better we are positioned today over them. I can't quite grasp it and put it in words... but it seems like we are able to enhance players potential when they arrive, others can't.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He fits our recruitment profile too. Young (only 22), cheap (around 6-9 million is feasible), good potential/upside, low wages, Moncada-endorsed/approved, low risk (we won't make a loss selling him off, in case he doesn't work out).

He's going to Everton im pretty sure. and for a lot more than 6Mil

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Juve and ManU are two prime examples of clubs who seem to mess up young talents. Who's the last young talent they have produced / bought young and managed to improve over the time? I don't think they bought bad players when they got players like Chiesa, De Ligt, Sancho, VdB, etc. etc., but that they have done them horribly, somehow...

With us it seems that all young talents we pick up improve and end up debutting for their NTs. It's not been like that always. During banter era, we seemed to have the very same effect on young players like Juve and ManU today. To me that's another sign of how things have changed and improved and how much better we are positioned today over them. I can't quite grasp it and put it in words... but it seems like we are able to enhance players potential when they arrive, others can't.
Even during banter era we developed more players than juve and inter. Some good some mediocre, dolar, calabria, cristante, locateli, de shitlio etc. Both juve and inter re scared to give young players a chance. Just buy buy....and their management only knows italy. Our scouting, management re so ahead of them. If cardinale gives maldini, 70M every window, we ll be in top for years.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

jens peter

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think the big difference now is that the team character, ethos and playing style comes from the top, the coach applies this and the players acquired fit the strategy.

Almost all other teams start with the coach first. Then ask the coach what’s your playing style? Then they remake their squad as much as they can to fit what the coach demands. It sounds insane when you know that the better alternative exists, but who cares. Now that we’re doing it the right way it’s a huge advantage.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Corriere dello Sport (via PianetaMilan), Milan are keen on signing Adrien Tameze from Hellas Verona and he is one of the most popular names to replace Franck Kessié. Tameze is a flexible player who covers multiple positions on the pitch, he knows the league and he has a reasonable cost

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Idolo, Did you enjoy man city game?
Oh , it was good.
I can already see Adli passing the ball to a running Origi like Gundo did Haaland.

Last edited:

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Repubblica: AC Milan have still not abandoned the idea of signing veteran defender Francesco Acerbi from Lazio this summer :maldinismug:

Worst 'source' out there. Constantly linking us to players like Luis Alberto, Berardi and Acerbi, completely oblivious to the simple observable fact that the club under Elliot/RedBird isn't signing aging players, unless free or super cheap (and in small numbers). Journalist writing fiction with zero ambition to make it sound even somewhat plausible.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Still cannot fathom how the Serie A MVP awards from last season weren't those:

Best GK - Maignan
Best defender - Tomori -- (Bremer)
Best midfielder - Milinkovic Savic -- (Brozovic)
Best attacker - Vlahovic -- (Immobile)
Best U23 - Tonali -- (Osimhen)
Best player - Leao
Simple really.
The League didn't want to be shown having too much bias over a single team.
Stats-wise Bremer was impressive, but it's not like his team were THAT impressive.

The other teams who's players were rewarded will stand by these awards though.
Look at all them Ladri fans still saying "But...b..b..but Bremer was Best DF last year." like it's some sort of critique shield.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Repubblica: AC Milan have still not abandoned the idea of signing veteran defender Francesco Acerbi from Lazio this summer :maldinismug:

According to Corriere dello Sport (via PianetaMilan), Milan are keen on signing Adrien Tameze from Hellas Verona and he is one of the most popular names to replace Franck Kessié. Tameze is a flexible player who covers multiple positions on the pitch, he knows the league and he has a reasonable cost

Apparently, word has not yet reached CorSport and Repubblica that Milan works differently from other Italian clubs. They don't seem to know our transfer strategy either.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Vlasic west ham who rejected us is going to torino 😂
Said it once, will say it again.
It doesn't matter if players reject Milan.
So long as the raw materials are good enough, Milan will be the team to mold any player into a superstar.
Tomori may not have been 1st choice on MMM's list, the fact that he came to Milan was already the first step to superstardom.

Vlasic gave up the chance to become something more by refusing a move here. Botman as well.
If they consider making bank at an earlier age the priority, instead of becoming a better player and earning that bag even late into their careers on merit, so be it.
That's their choice, so no hate, it's their own careers.
Only time will tell if that decision they made was the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule