EL Quarter Finals - 1st Leg: AC Milan - Roma 11/04/2024 21:00 CET

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It is time for the QF 1st leg against Roma. A tough set of games, although a winnable set of games. We know them well, and they don't have Serie A refereeing to give into their antics we can hope.

In my opinion, more important to focus on these than the derby/league given Scudetto is all but out of reach, and Top 4 (5 possibly?) should be a lock.

Forza Milan!

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma have been in form since De Rossi took over. Is there anything of substance or is it the typical new manager bump?

Kirk Van Houten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Roma have been in form since De Rossi took over. Is there anything of substance or is it the typical new manager bump?

Roma have a good squad, Mourinho did well with them in Europe but they really underperformed in the league under him. I don't think De Rossi has done anything special just told them to focus on attacking teams instead of focusing on defending like they did under Mou.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It is time for the QF 1st leg against Roma. A tough set of games, although a winnable set of games. We know them well, and they don't have Serie A refereeing to give into their antics we can hope.

In my opinion, more important to focus on these than the derby/league given Scudetto is all but out of reach, and Top 4 (5 possibly?) should be a lock.

Forza Milan!
You better get that KFC ready. Extra spicy

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
De Rossi inspires fear from Roma's team because he was a Gattuso-esque player. Problem children like Mancini fall in line and play football because they fear/respect him, more so than they did with Mourinho. De Rossi being a former player will be better tactically and reading player momentums than Mou ever will.

I can see this Roma being a tough test, but Milan have the squad to overcome them.
Shame that Fik is suspended for the first leg, but Gabbia/Kjaer/Thiaw should be able to stifle Lukaku and Dybala. If our attack clicks, I can see us winning comfortably.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's made them more open/fluud. But that would be said about anyone after mou. Meanwhile he's veen lucky on both ends.

1000006053.jpgbut in in the end thats all that matters. So lets do a poker on Roma and give friedkins more to think about.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori suspended - what our cb pair gonna be?

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
That front 6 :proud: with a confident Chukwueze ready to enter from the bench
Chukwueze, Jovic, Okafor, Musah and Adli to come on.
Our bench ain't half bad.
Last year we had to bring on Krunic and/or Pobega and Origi and/or CDK, Rebic/Messias and/or Salad. :ibraugh:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Adli should start instead of ismael
He is in better form
We played more smooth with him

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Winning the Europa league would turn the season from a decent, slightly underwhelming one to a very good one. It would take the shine/spotlight away from Inter at the global level. So, yes, let’s go all in and make history.

Most predictions said 2-1 to us, with a tougher 2nd leg at Rome. I would say we will overwhelm them and win by a 2 goal margin at least.

I hope we wear that lucky purple kit for all the remaining games.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is almost a no-brainer to start Adli over Benny BUT I have a feeling we will see Benny from the start here. Adli will probably start the return leg.

Forza Milan.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Game day ! Excited for this one...i just hope we can have at least a 2 goal lead going to Rome...
I expect Oli G to score tonight

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
lets fucking gooo lads big game coming up , not CL where we should be but we are heading the right way after years of pain and embarrassment.

Let's destroy em tonight. Adli over Benny pls padre and we need to pray it goes ok atb because Kjaer Gabbia Benny/Adli vs Lukaku Dybala Pellegrini doesn't sound very nice :/

skwaro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This will be such a fun game for me to watch, as I will be watching it with my polish friend who lived 15 years in Rome. He obviously is a Roma fan, not a fucking Nazzio. He has a pub here where we watch games together and over the time I see his Milan love growing on him, because we only watch Milan games together :) like all the Serie A small team games and I think I slowly turned him into a proper Milanista ;> Let's make this conversion a complete one, TEAM! Forza Milan!

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I was supposed to be on an 8am flight to Milan this morning but had a family emergency in London and only made it back North late this afternoon.

I'll be watching the match with the Scottish Milan Club instead, and hopefully every one of us witness a historic victory over Roma.

We've got this!!!

Forza Milan.

Schedule