Week 27: AC Milan vs Napoli 14/03/2021 20:45 CET

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
A00BF93B-232B-47B9-A410-D84AD7642130.jpg

We should win this!
Playing against Rino is never easy but our momentum will continue.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Saelemakers was pretty crap vs Man U, maybe it would be good to start Samu this time.

Bench Leao and play Rebic if available.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Is Ben not ready for this game? Also, not sure how I feel abt metit starting over Tonali... pretty sure it makes Tonali look bad.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Saelemakers was pretty crap vs Man U, maybe it would be good to start Samu this time.

Bench Leao and play Rebic if available.

If Saelemaekers is healthy start him. Simple as that. Samu has to prove he is worthy enough to get that spot again. For me he can continue to mop up because he hasn't proven he can do much.

Once again yesterday I saw very little in both phases out of him. I know Goodfella believes he does good work defensively but I don't see it.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
They have a full team ffs

tbh, if we play with the same mentality against napoli, like we did against verona and manu, then everything is possible. The only problem is they have a few midgets upfront who are very quick and pacy, have to watch out as this most recent squad of ours is very physically strong, and therefore slower

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We could keep the same that faced United, no 'wingers', no lonely strikers.. just two lines, and two moving strikers.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Once again yesterday I saw very little in both phases out of him. I know Goodfella believes he does good work defensively but I don't see it.

I remember a similar discussion after the first derby so I'm just going to quote the post where I uploaded 2 gifs of interceptions made by Samu in Inter's half that also lead to chances. He was only on the pitch for 20-30 mins iirc.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Huge tie for us. Make or break game for in-form subs.

I believe! We have kept Krunic basically in the shadows all season with some mediocre cameos, but he's suddenly emerged like this secret weapon. I think he might put in another important performance and possibly decide the game.

Meite and Dalot too.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing how fit Theo and Hakan are. We were very impotent in attack on Thursday and we need some of our weapons back. I'm really worried that Hakan is still having lingering covid effects. He hasn't been the same since he got it.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Huge game. Again. Let's win it.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
After this game we get 5 decent opponents in Serie A. With everybody coming back from injuries. This game could set us up for a final sprint.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
After this game we get 5 decent opponents in Serie A. With everybody coming back from injuries. This game could set us up for a final sprint.

Yup. A draw is a not a bad result, but something tells me we're winning. After some confusion and losses the squad seems to regain its confidence, even without the starters. Tonalis statements is an indicator.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
When will hauge get a start??

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Pioli says Theo, Hakan and Rebic have all recovered for the game. Romagnoli and Calabria doubts.

Mandzukic, Bennacer and Zlatan by next week. Probably after the intl break, i'd surmise.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Whoever will start i trust in mr. pioli

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I remember a similar discussion after the first derby so I'm just going to quote the post where I uploaded 2 gifs of interceptions made by Samu in Inter's half that also lead to chances. He was only on the pitch for 20-30 mins iirc.

I usually defer to your judgement and commentary as I respect it very much. This game was a long time ago though. For much of the start of the season and last year I was fine with him platooning as I thought it was a slow start but had no issue with his and Alexis' pressing.

As I have watched him lately I don't see that effectiveness. I am not sure if it's that I'm absolutely disgusted with his offensive play and tune him out or that he isn't pressing the same way now that he isn't the first choice. That's why after your comments I decided to watch him carefully in Manchester.

If you can point to games lately where he was effective then I might reconsider.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A00BF93B-232B-47B9-A410-D84AD7642130.jpg

We should win this!
Playing against Rino is never easy but our momentum will continue.

I don't think Rrahmani is playing, and Pioli hinted that Tonali will start.

Tomori vs Osimhen would be nice, a good match for us. Would have been more worried if it was Kjaer/Romagnoli against him. Very annoyed that Calabria isn't playing. He's really developed into such a great RB for us, his mentality has been superb and he's been very consistent. Dalot has played ok at LB but has been a disaster everytime he played at RB. I think Kalulu should start, but maybe Dalot has a bit more experience and will be preferred to make sure Insigne doesn't exploit that side. I don't agree, but I can see Pioli taking that decision.

Hopefully we start with Rebic on the left, or even maybe Leao rotation with him throughout the game. Pioli mentioned that Rebic is back training with the squad, so hopefully he can start ahead of Krunic. Hakan is back also so that's great, but he needs to play without pressure. He seems to have reverted back to the nervous player he was pre-2020.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Grab all 18 points and don't look at the table. We will find out where we are in May.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Need Hakan to pick up some form. Excited to see if Krunic and Dalot can continue their resurge.

Not expecting much from Leao tbh but hopefully he’s feeling the heat of losing his spot and tries hard.

Lets get this important win! Forzaaa

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too, I expect a performance from Hakan.
It is gonna be decisive for him to convince us for his payrise.

Last edited:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
An ugly win, able to use our subs. Then mess up the pitch and get 0-0 vs man United...

Sounds odd, but I’ll consider that a brilliant week

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
An ugly win, able to use our subs. Then mess up the pitch and get 0-0 vs man United...

Sounds odd, but I?ll consider that a brilliant week

Mess up the pitch?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And theire is soon the international break. Hope we can recover some pieces and that those who aren't called up can train well with the team

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Sky:

Donnarumma; Dalot, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo, Calhanoglu, Krunic; Leao

I hope Roback gets some time tonight.

Last edited:

Schedule