The Rumour Commode XXVII: Zorro's Days of Arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
If he could play in the left side of a midfield 2 then surely he can play lcm too.

Sure. LCM would be somewhat stacked then. Kessie is staying and will be the RCM for next season, yet two more mids will reportedly arrive. We don't even know if Paqman will play TQ. Who will wear the 10...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Rakitic would be as disappointing as i am to my dad.
Not bad, but for from wow either.

giphy.gif

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The outgoing mercato better be heating up. Andre Silva, Castillejo, Strinic and one of Laxalt or Rodriguez should go to make space for new signings.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As of today piatek is a one season wonder. Been awful this pre season a
I could see Piatek with his physique and playstyle being one of those players who need a couple of weeks to get in match Form. I wouldn't be too much concerned. He's going to bang some goals in a couple of weeks

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
How you label hime a one season wonder when he didnt even play 2 seasons yet

Not labeling anyone.. just saying that as of today hes a one season guy

Prove me wrong :D you cant. Only piatek himself can

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I did as I read somewhere about GPs tactics. He likes his diamond shape even when defending while other coaches who use 4-3-1-2 when not in ballposession change to a 4-4-2. The diamond when defending makes it almost impossible to break through and is very good to rebuild immediately after regained ballposession as you don't need to wait for everybody getting in position again – as seen countless times yesterday.

However you loose something on the flanks, also seen especially when ManU scored the 1:0. Your mezz'alas need to do a lot of work.

Yes keeping the diamond while defending is really good at forcing the opposing team wide and wide positions are statistically much less effective to attack from than central positions. But then you obviously do need to be prepared for those wide attacks as we were not against United and that's why that RB position, especially Conti, is a bit of a concern right now.

We'll be vulnerable against teams with skilled and/or fast wingers and who like attacking from wide positions with this shape.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rakitic is a great player. I have no idea why some people are complaining. Just turned 31 which means he has at least 3 good seasons left in him. We need some experience and his positions will be very important alongside Bennacer, Kessie and Pqueta. The problem is the sum Barca are requesting. Can't see him leaving for below 35 m

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“Piatek is a one season wonder as of now because he has had a poor pre season” is in the running for dumbest things I’ve ever read on this board.

Impressive

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Who says we cant afford that. We're obviously in the market for a serious midfielder.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At this point it feels like mercato is almost closed. There are at least 2 players for each position. Arrivals will depend on departures and it doesn't look like many happening

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
At this point it feels like mercato is almost closed. There are at least 2 players for each position. Arrivals will depend on departures and it doesn't look like many happening

0% chance fraudre silva plays the season here

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
“Piatek is a one season wonder as of now because he has had a poor pre season” is in the running for dumbest things I’ve ever read on this board.

Impressive

Not bcz he had a poor preseason:fp:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rakitic + Modric even if they are somewhat diminished would elevate our entire squad considerably for 2-3 years by which time we can replace them with younger players.

It would be quite expensive, though.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing that matters in pre-season is how the team moves. Results mean shit. I prefer Piatek to score 0 goals in 10 friendlies and the deliver in Serie A, instead of the other way round.

Marco Recupero
@recupero_marco
#Boban will meet #Barcelona in few days to talk about the transfer of #Rakitic to
@acmilan

#Rakitic accepted to reduce his salary to join
@acmilan
thanks to #Boban who promised the player to have a very important role in the rossoneri squad for the new season.

Who is that Marco fucker? Rakitic excites me... Modric, not much

I am guessing this is the trillionth self-proclaimed insider of the summer?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Sure. LCM would be somewhat stacked then. Kessie is staying and will be the RCM for next season, yet two more mids will reportedly arrive. We don't even know if Paqman will play TQ. Who will wear the 10...

Giamaolo being impressed by suso really changed my predictions... if he isn’t sold then that confirms that he will be the starting TQ..
But something is telling me that we are after that high quality midfielder rakitic/modric. So paquetas starting spot is in danger rather than kessie.

The nr 10 will surely be hakan, unless we sign a superstar (dybala)

I never understood why suso didn’t ask for the #10

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Impressive

May as well have said: "Milan lost all preseason games in ICC and drew vs. Serie C side so will get relegated this season."

:lol:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Preseason struggles aren't a big deal and are sorta expected considering the drastic shift in coaching styles this side has had

The only thing that matters in pre-season is how the team moves. Results mean shit. I prefer Piatek to score 0 goals in 10 friendlies and the deliver in Serie A, instead of the other way round.

Marco Recupero
@recupero_marco
#Boban will meet #Barcelona in few days to talk about the transfer of #Rakitic to
@acmilan

#Rakitic accepted to reduce his salary to join
@acmilan
thanks to #Boban who promised the player to have a very important role in the rossoneri squad for the new season.

Who is that Marco fucker? Rakitic excites me... Modric, not much

Gotta love lazy journalism :lol:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What if this guy is time traveller from future and he warning us that we need to sell Frautek to Monaco before it is too late?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
This Marco Recupero fellow is the ex admin at MilanMania. Basically, he’s cut price Jasper.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Giamaolo being impressed by suso really changed my predictions... if he isn’t sold then that confirms that he will be the starting TQ..
But something is telling me that we are after that high quality midfielder rakitic/modric. So paquetas starting spot is in danger rather than kessie.

The nr 10 will surely be hakan, unless we sign a superstar (dybala)

I never understood why suso didn’t ask for the #10

Suso has been as good as Paitek has been bad, this pre-season. I'm not convinced GP would put his head on the block for Suso as the TQ for the season ahead.

There's more chance of Suso wearing 10 than Hakan, can't see him being a starter. So many unanswered questions, three weeks out.

Dybala has reportedly rejected united and the deadline is supposedly set for tomorrow. Mandzukic will be included in the Lukaku deal.

If Dybala never had huge agent commissions and potential legal wrangles, he would be the ideal signing for GP this window.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's funny how all of you can reconcile the fact Piątek is a limited finisher with the fact we are going to play offensively with the whole team putting the pressure on opposite defence and with strikers trying to build up the attacks.
It works well only in your imaginations. In fact Piątek will be a liability to this team and to Giampaoli. He is fine for teams like Gattuso's Milan where he can be released from defensive duties and stand still nearby the goal for the entire game. It's not a surprise he lost his flair under Giampaoli.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's funny how all of you can reconcile the fact Piątek is a limited finisher with the fact we are going to play offensively with the whole team putting the pressure on opposite defence and with strikers trying to build up the attacks.
It works well only in your imaginations. In fact Piątek will be a liability to this team and to Giampaoli. He is fine for teams like Gattuso's Milan where he can be released from defensive duties and stand still nearby the goal for the entire game. It's not a surprise he lost his flair under Giampaoli.

he did? :lol::fp:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I’ve read a lot of nonsense this silly season but nothing trumps this theory that Piatek has lost it because he didn’t score in preseason.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
OFFICIAL - Nelson Dida has returned to Milan as the U-17 Goalkeeper coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule