The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
People purring over high profile fixtures between big teams, well that excitement will wear off fast. That's what was great about the Champions League. Great teams from different countries competing against eachother but it was a novelty. You didn't see it often.

If you are out of the title race with a large number games to go it will be immensely boring as you dont have to worry about relegation or worry about attaining a European spot in the table.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
someone photoshop florentino as russian bolshevik revolution leader

where is galliani, how does he feel about this as director of an almost serie a club...seems like someone valuable if a putsch was being planned (galliani aka adolf hitler)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I honestly have no interest in watching a SuperLeague like that one. Can't see myself buying a cable or stream package or something for this. What makes CL playoffs so good is the high stakes and they mean so much because it's the very end of a long journey for every club.

I don't agree with the idea that it would be nice to see Milan x big spanish or UK club every week because what make those games good and interesting is exactly that they're not ordinary.

The owners want a closed league in the mold of the American sports where they can put caps in spending and wages, control the salaries and transfer fees and make the clubs profitable (or at least not so much in the red). But there was a reason in first place I picked a sport with open champoships and not this kind of league...

It's specially shameful for Milan cause we can't even reach CL for half a decade and now would get an undeserved place in this. But that's doesn't mean shit anymore, we're way past that point.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People purring over high profile fixtures between big teams, well that excitement will wear off fast. That's what was great about the Champions League. Great teams from different countries competing against eachother but it was a novelty. You didn't see it often.

If you are out of the title race with a large number games to go it will be immensely boring as you dont have to worry about relegation or worry about attaining a European spot in the table.

This is my view as well. If you look at Serie A/EPL this season, the top 4 race is the biggest interest as there isn't much of a title race. With Super Liga, this is pretty much gone. It makes Atalanta Juventus 1-0 result irrelevant.

Similarly, no interest in CL draws, etc. and playing the same teams each year wouldn't be as interesting.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is all a pressure card from clubs to force uefa into a hard reset, a reform.

Uefa will have to sit down and listen to those clubs.

I don?t think it?s at that point anymore with guys like Agnelli and others dropping out of roles. It?s happening.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
where is galliani, how does he feel about this as director of an almost serie a club...seems like someone valuable if a putsch was being planned (galliani aka adolf hitler)

la-revolution.jpg

they said he commanded 40 man during the revolution

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I don?t think it?s at that point anymore with guys like Agnelli and others dropping out of roles. It?s happening.
Good luck kicking the competition off in 3 months, this is way bigger than the world cup. Organizing, funding and actual logistics takes way more time than what we think.

It's easier for uefa to change as a system than this competition to kick off.

Imo there will be a major reform, bigger clubs will be heard now and it's not up to some guy from Slovenia calling a guy from Qatar for money.

This is a tug of war that has been around for soke years now and they want Bein network out and whoever running the show in uefa as well...

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I must say I hate monopolies in general but I don?t know, football is sport of the fans, we are just linked with big clubs.

Anyway I find football where workers (players & staff) get paid what they deserve and its not like some business where there is one rich owner/CEO getting all the money. I think football does not work like rich monopoly companies in general.

How do you think the notion of a super league full of super teams came to be?

Do you think Atalanta and Leicester could form super leagues on their own with teams that overachieve?

What they deserve... is that built over the last 5 seasons or 50?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
This Super League thing sounds like shit :max:
The world is becoming less meritocratic and more of a corporatocracy every fucking day.
Pfizer in your veins, Bill Gates in your shit and now this fuckery

If fuckin Scunthorpe United qualify for the CL they deserve to play against the Real Madrids and the Bayern Munichs....not some big club because mUh HiStOrY
Fuck me :head:

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
How do you guys generally feel about the Super League?

Personally I'm not a fan for a few reasons:
- not based on merit. If the 15 clubs are founding members, it's irrelevant if they finish 2nd or 16th in their league. This will lead to more boring league games where teams have nothing to play for as top 4 is irrelevant.
- what is it based on? Why are Totenham and Arsenal there? Ajax deserves it more than most of those teams if history is taken into account.
- Rest of this season seems irrelevant from a top 4 perspective. If the Super League starts from next season, getting top 4 is irrelevant which takes away the exciting of the upcoming games.

you would think that PSG going to the Final... it was based on merit??? not on Qatari gas money?

you would think those EPL teams buying anyone they want (ie Fofana going to Leicester instead of AC Milan) was full of merit for Leicester.

give me a break....

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good luck kicking the competition off in 3 months, this is way bigger than the world cup. Organizing, funding and actual logistics takes way more time than what we think.

Imo there will be a major reform, bigger clubs will be heard now and it's not up to some guy from Slovenia calling a guy from Qatar for money.

This is a tug of war that has been around for soke years now and they want Bein network out and whoever running the show in uefa as well...

I?m sure all the logistics of it has been discussed & planned. There’s been talk of this for a few years now. Now Agnelli?s visit to Casa Milan a month or so ago makes sense.

Last edited:

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score

That Chiffon from Slovenia is corrupt. I truly don't like that guy. He gives us a hard time with FFP. While his Qatari club could buy Neymar and Mbappe....

I am fine with the current system as long as the club is the permanent member whether we finish top 4 or not.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
This is all a pressure card from clubs to force uefa into a hard reset, a reform.

Uefa will have to sit down and listen to those clubs.

They could probably run the Super League for a year if the deadlock still happens. It's almost zero sum game. The clubs lose a lot of money since the lockdown. UEFA doesn't want to give up power.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
3.5b for 15 teams. Its ?235M per club just for joining the league.

This money will allow us to make the summer transfer market and pay Dollarumma.

the money will help us fill in our gaps. Of course, I hope we can spend the money wisely.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
you are a true fan.

Everyone else is like Atalanta's fan or Leicester's fan.... drooling over their football. wtf..
The 12 founding clubs have over 90% of the world wide fan base.

It's a check mate move from super league.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
The 12 founding clubs have over 90% of the world wide fan base.

It's a check mate move from super league.

yes... i don't agree with you on that.

What pisses me off is the so called AC Milan fans here drooling over Atalanta, Bayern, Leicester.... wtf.... are these people AC Milan fans or fans of other clubs???

anyway that Super League
Those Spanish teams are joining in because they feel threatened by the economic power of EPL teams. One way to balance this is to create the Super League.

Anyway... I really wish this Super League runs at least for one year or two.... I am interested to see how it goes.....

All these people who are bashing are just closed minded. Just open your mind for radical ideas.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
The system as currently constructed is broken. FFP is a fucking scam that has only served to increase the disparity between the clubs that are able to generate or fabricate revenue and those who cannot. I don’t mind trying this and adapting along the way. Perhaps creating lower tier leagues, that would then allow for promotion and relegation, who knows what would be possible. If things continue this way, we will never catch up.

Qatar got a WC, while thousands of migrant workers have died there. Brazil who are impoverished got one. Baku in fucking Azerbaijan hosted an EL final that was half empty a few years ago. UEFA and FIFA have lined their pockets for long enough, they deserve to get fucked. Is this the correct way to do it? Time will tell....but let’s not act like they didn’t have it coming.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
3.5b for 15 teams. Its ?235M per club just for joining the league.

This money will allow us to make the summer transfer market and pay Dollarumma.

To be frank the ESL should be super duper good for us considering out situation atm, with the money and fame we will have a team full of stars again before long.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
yes... i don't agree with you on that.

What pisses me off is the so called AC Milan fans here drooling over Atalanta, Bayern, Leicester.... wtf.... are these people AC Milan fans or fans of other clubs???

anyway that Super League

Those Spanish teams are joining in because they feel threatened by the economic power of EPL teams. One way to balance this is to create the Super League.

Anyway... I really wish this Super League runs at least for one year or two.... I am interested to see how it goes.....

All these people who are bashing are just closed minded. Just open your mind for radical ideas.
Before the champions League there was the expo cup. Who remembers it? Not long ago there was the intertoto cup.

The game is evolving. Fans are crying over uefa losing the plot, were they upset when uefa was making billions and giving out pennies?

The game belongs to clubs who are providing the entertainment. You can't take sides if you are the head of this game.

For the past years, uefa was only there to prevent clubs from moving forward. Clubs being treated as the circus monkey with selected few can do whatever because they cut the check for uefa.

Man city & psg have no reason to have the privilege to fuck any club over with transfers and monopoly of the game.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Will we never listen again to the CL anthem in San Siro ? :(

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Super league possibly starts in august?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hold on fuck whats going on lol

The official press release of the #Milan on the foundation of the new #SuperLeague
The statement reads: "In exchange for their commitment, the Founding Clubs will receive a one-off contribution of ? 3.5 billion to support their infrastructure investment plans and to offset the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic"#SuperLeague#Milan

All 12 clubs founding #SuperLeague have left ECA

#SuperLeague official statement
Chairman: Florentino Perez (Real Madrid)
Vice-chairman: Andrea Agnelli (Juventus)
Vice-chairman: Joel Glazer (Man United)

Also: Andrea Agnelli is set to resign as president of ECA.

#SuperLeague aiming to start ALREADY on August 2021!

The Super League has its own website already.
https://thesuperleague.com

giphy.gif

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
UEFA Executive Committee meeting scheduled for today in Montreux.

UEFA, FIFA, PL, Liga, Serie A on the same position: #SuperLeague has been disapproved. No UCL, no domestic leagues for the 12 clubs.

#SuperLeague clubs insist they want to play in the domestic leagues too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule