gaetano f. intrieri
newcastle assembled a nice team. even the better side for the first 20 minutes

city scored at the right time, not much going for newcastle since then

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
antony can stay, got looted on his price, but he's a salad 3.0, worth keeping. sancho was a mistake from the beginning. bellingham was the player Utd needed.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Irishman with a hat-trick.
Fuck you Newcastle!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
COMMENT: It's one week. And it's one game. So why do it? And why now? Why did Jadon Sancho choose to take to social media and attack his manager as he did on Sunday...?

This was no meltdown. No spur of the moment thing. Sancho essentially released a prepared statement. The winger taking aim at Erik ten Hag and the Manchester United manager's claims of poor training ground form being reason for his omission at Arsenal.

Barely an hour after the final whistle, Sancho let it all hang out: “Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue, I have conducted myself in training very well this week.

“I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into, I've been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair!

“All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team. I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff, I play with fantastic players and grateful to do so which I know every week is a challenge. I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what."

Sancho effectively branded his manager a liar - and then declared unspoken truths were reason for his axing. But beyond the statement and it's substance. The timing is baffling. Indeed, it's the stuff of madness, if Sancho has hopes - as he claimed - of building his career at United.

Just hours after a frustrating defeat at Arsenal. Just an international break before the Champions League and League Cup games are introduced. Sancho let rip. With emotions raw, given the manner of Arsenal's win, his post was never going to be welcomed. And as we say, with the schedule about to widen - and playing chances to significantly improve - the decision to throw it all into jeopardy is baffling.

One week. One game. Even if he felt slighted by Ten Hag's claims. Insulted. Sancho will have seen enough from his manager that nothing is ever personal with him. Play well. Follow his instructions. And a fresh chance is granted. Why not just get your head down and win the manager back over? He always remains open-minded. Alejandro Garnacho and Aaron Wan Bissaka - for differing reasons - are proof enough of that. But with this statement, at this time, you just wonder whether there's any way back.

From his angle, there should be sympathy for the player. If he was genuinely caught out by Sunday's call. If he feels wronged. Then the anger is understandable. After all, he did everything asked of him last season by Ten Hag. The time away from the club. The boot camp at OJC Rosmalen. The dumping of social media. He took it all on. He met his manager halfway. At least that's what we saw from the outside.

But perhaps Sancho just isn't a Ten Hag player? Perhaps he's the last of the group that simply don't belong in this newly-formed locker room? Jesse Lingard. Paul Pogba. Dean Henderson. Perhaps Sancho and Ten Hag just don't fit.

"After every game he took me through a video and explained to me everything," Sancho's new teammate Sofyan Amrabat said of Ten Hag over their time together at Utrecht. "I was 18 or 19 years old, so sometimes I was like, 'Phew, again?' But looking back now, I know it was so important for my career. I learned so much from him."

Is Sancho that type? The football-obsessive? The career-obsessive? You can see the type of personality Ten Hag seeks in a player. It's a thread that's running through this squad. Jesse Lingard didn't fit that. Nor did Paul Pogba. Is Sancho more the Lingard-type than Amrabat?

Of course, we can be cynical and state the obvious. The Saudi market remains open. There's millions being thrown at players of Sancho's level. With international peer Gabri Veiga now at Al-Ahli, a move to the Saudi Pro League would be no great surprise. Indeed, with Gareth Southgate admitting plans for an increased scouting presence in the SPL, even England ambitions would remain intact.

So it'd make sense. Sancho is the prototype of the next wave of talent Michael Emenalo, the SPL's recruitment boss, has plans to bring to the league. Blowing up his relationship with Ten Hag. Upsetting teammates still burning from the apparent injustice of a London defeat. If the plan was to engineer a move to Saudi, then Sancho and his minders couldn't have played it better.

At least that would make sense... because making such a statement - and at such a time - defies logic if Jadon Sancho still has hopes of a Manchester United future.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

send the fecker to australia

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why do i get @MilanMB vibes frome Postecoglou? 😀

Just vibes, cant even put down an argument. Immigrant child? Beard? Coach? Down to earth? What would Ange do in a brothel?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
EPL table starting to look interesting

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Marino defender Roberto di Maio has mocked Manchester United striker Rasmus Hojlund after last night's Euro qualifying defeat in Denmark.

Hojlund complained in the aftermath of how he was treated by San Marino's players.

But 41 year-old defender Di Maio, of San Marino's Cosmos FC, mocked the Dane, stating online: "I can read that 'Mr. 80 million' complains about the treatment from San Marino's defense.

"My dear, in today's football where physical contact has disappeared, you can probably allow yourself to make fun of us little opponents with disgusting and repetitive gestures or try to dive every time in the hope of a VAR penalty kick.

"I would have liked to have seen you 15 years ago, when only real men played football.

"You were a disappointment, Højlund. Good luck..."

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why watch this league, SERIA A IS THE BEST!
Have you ever watched how much space defenders give players in the EPL

They literally allow attackers and mids to sprint wherever they want

Defense is NBA all star game level

Schedule