The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I love that gif and I HATE this dinner party for you.

You have to give momma a schedule and let her know you are all hers just not for those 2 hour blocks :lol:

I will be more vigilant in the future.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Terrible in the air and when under pressure...

Zero chances of him impressing if the loan is only for 6 months, unless he is supposed to be 2nd/3rd choice, benching both Kalulu and Gabbia, which would be stupid of Pioli/Maldini, if they did.

Why gamble on a 30M player when you already have two free players in the squad that could be just as good, if not better, than this guy?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I honestly feel Maldini is way more talented than hauge. Time will tell.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Hauge?s short diagonal final pass to the striker while cutting in from the wing is deadly, that?s a free put through-chance for the striker per game. Ibra almost scored from it last game.
With all sympathy for Maldini he hasn?t shown anything like that yet.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Zero chances of him impressing if the loan is only for 6 months, unless he is supposed to be 2nd/3rd choice, benching both Kalulu and Gabbia, which would be stupid of Pioli/Maldini, if they did.

Why gamble on a 30M player when you already have two free players in the squad that could be just as good, if not better, than this guy?

I wouldn?t uh draw conclusions from a YouTube scouting video lol

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

We needed depth until the end of the season and we are having it for free

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Hauge started off very strong but cooled off during the last month or so.

There's no doubt he has talent but also a lot of room for growth.

We must remember it's his first year in italy and he's very young.

As of today Leao > Hauge for LW and Rebic > Hauge as well, although the latter not by much.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not just the Juve game. If anything the team has been pressing more intensively in the last months than we ever did with Ibra.

I think Milan2012 is confusing high press with possession in the final 3rd, or possession overall.
That will return when we have Ibra, Rebic, Hakan, Saele, Bennacer, Kessie & Theo from start, and Leao, Diaz, Samu, Mandzu, etc on the bench.

But it also needs to be said that games are now played at a higher tempo than in July.
There's no cooling breaks now. In July and early August we faced a few unmotivated midtable teams that had nothing to play for.
Yeah I wasn't even meaning the pressing itself as we often press like mad men even now.

The difference to before to me is that we tend to have more moments in the course of a game where we suffer and are more often forced to absorb the opponents attacking schemes, even against smaller teams... which again is totally normal when you constantly miss so many important elements in your team and the rest is forced to play with very little time to rest between the games.

Once we have our full starting 11 together I expect us to have more consistently control over the game over the full 90 minutes.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Did you see Kalulu in preseason and then when he got his chance? Thats a player that had no senior level experience.

A loan can be renewed or extended but what is more interesting is the push to get an athletic CB. I am very curious to see our starters next year.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean they all only played like around that mark.

Hauge: 12 app, 1 goal, 0 assists
Leao: 13 app, 5 goals, 4 assists
Rebic: 11 app, 1 goal, 3 assists

I don?t know how anyone can say Hauge is on par with the other 2. He will get good but he isn?t ready to play big matches. Rebic and Leao have contributed in big matches, even when those two aren?t scoring they scaring defenders and creating space. Hauge is a distant 3rd. He needs a lot more time.

On that note Hauge did score against Napoli, but that was when the game had been decided but still a good goal.
Leao, if he kept his consistency and concentration over 90 minutes, would at least already have doubled those figures. He's indeed three or four steps over Hauge at this moment.

But he's a CF. Not a winger. For me Leao shouldn't be considered the vice Rebic. Even now with Mando, who for me is the true vice Rebic. Both have similar work rate. Leao is nowhere in that regard and therefore shouldn't be played out wide.

I'm glad Pioli started to use Leao more and more as CF, even if it was forced, but his performances began to dramatically change once he was freed from the duties of a winger he wasn't taking seriously anyway.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Whats wrong with people today?!!!!!!!!

I leave you in charge of this place & this what happen, General?
Explain.....

Zero chance.
Ok.

Dalot is good
No he isnt.
Not 20mil good @ least.

As of today Leao > Hauge for LW and Rebic > Hauge as well, although the latter not by much.
So Rebic is slightly better than Hauge?
Is this what you are saying?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Youve never seen him play. All u got is these comments saying hes bad in the air and under pressure. Id rather trust in Maldini understanding of the game

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
We needed depth until the end of the season and we are having it for free

That is assuming that his loan fee is cheap/free and that Timori is dumb enough to be OK with being 5-6th choice CB when he is desperate for playing time, which I doubt that he would be OK with.
This guy is coming in as 2nd/3rd choice.

I wouldn?t uh draw conclusions from a YouTube scouting video lol

Did you see Kalulu in preseason and then when he got his chance? Thats a player that had no senior level experience.

A loan can be renewed or extended but what is more interesting is the push to get an athletic CB. I am very curious to see our starters next year.

As I said, zero chance of impressing as 4-5th choice CB in 6 months, as in maybe 4-5 games in 6 months.
You want to spend 30M on a player based on 4-5 games?

He can however show his worth as 2nd/3rd choice (10+ games), even in a short time as 6 months to warrant the 30M price tag, but that would mean gambling on him and taking precious time away from Gabbia and Kalulu, time I'd rather see spent on equally promising players that we, you know, already have for free...

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic hasn‘t played a single great game this season, but at the same time also suffered from something all the time so there is really not much ground for discussion at the moment in one direction or the other.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Rebic hasn?t played a single great game this season, but at the same time also suffered from something all the time so there is really not much ground for discussion at the moment in one direction or the other.

Point still stands tho. Not fully fit rebic is still miles better than hauge

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Fikayo

Aerials won: 2.4
Aerial success: 55.8%

Possession:
Dispossessed 0.3
UnsTouches 0.8

Ball receiving success: 98.4%

Short Passes: 67.1
Short passes success: 91.9%

Kjaer

Aerials won: 2.4
Aerial success: 58.5%

Possession:
Dispossessed 0
UnsTouches 0.3
Ball receiving success: 98.6%

Short Passes: 40.3
Short passes success: 91.4%

Romagnoli

Aerials won: 2.5
Aerial success: 62.5%

Possession:
Dispossessed 0
UnsTouches 0.4
Ball receiving success: 97.2%

Short Passes: 40.7
Short passes success: 94.9%

Gabbia

Aerials won: 3
Aerial success: 65.2%

Possession:
Dispossessed 0
UnsTouches 0.4
Ball receiving success: 99.6%

Short Passes: 49.1
Short passes success: 93.9%

Kalulu:

Aerials won: 1.9
Aerial success: 50%

Possession:
Dispossessed 0
UnsTouches 0.2
Ball receiving success: 96.8%

Short Passes: 48.7
Short passes success: 90.4%

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
What?s an UnsTouch? Accidental foul or loosing the ball with a heavy touch?

OPTA:

Dispossessed
- Being tackled by an opponent without attempting to dribble past them

Unsuccessful touch
- When a player mis-controls the ball with a poor touch, we award an unsuccessful touch.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Romano: Fikayo Tomori has signed his contract as new AC Milan player after medicals completed today afternoon in Milano. Chelsea will receive ?25m only *if* AC Milan will decide to sign him on a permanent deal next summer.

Again this "next" thing.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Romano: Fikayo Tomori has signed his contract as new AC Milan player after medicals completed today afternoon in Milano. Chelsea will receive ?25m only *if* AC Milan will decide to sign him on a permanent deal next summer.

Again this "next" thing.

The English of italian journalists in Twitter is usually not perfect from what I?ve noticed all these years.

I?ve seen ?next? being used also in other tweets when they mean ?this upcoming summer? or if they can just write it ?in summer 2021? but well...

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan-Atalanta, Gasperini's squad: Piccini and the former Pasalic out, as well as Gomez

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pasalic was a key player for atalanta for last season. Hopefuly they will be shit without him and gomez

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How is Gabbia's recovery going?

If it's not going as predicted then this 6 month loan would make sense.
Otherwise it doesn't.

6 month trial, 28m buyout clause for a kid who is new to Italy, when we have two clear starters and an additional 3 CBs who are at least backup quality.
It's strange.

You might not rate Romagnoli, but he's not going to lose his spot anytime soon.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Seems like after Hakan and Kessie are more or less troll free, I'll have to switch to Tonali and Hauge defense :proud: :star:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule