Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Don't know, I am probably biased at him for snubbing Ronaldinho and for making Brasil play like every other football team. I mean ffs, he had a golden generation of technically gifted players and they never showed it. :fp:
They were far from being a golden generation in my opinion, too much inconsistency and the regular hype that goes with Brazil.. The generation before was far far better and they showed it in World Cups..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They were far from being a golden generation in my opinion, too much inconsistency and the regular hype that goes with Brazil.. The generation before was far far better and they showed it in World Cups..

in theory... the generation had 'the talent' to be the golden generatio.

i mean in 2010 it should have been adriano, Kaka and Dinho all in their primes leading attack.

But what can you do.... Dinho and Adriano were done being professional by like 2007

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know, I am probably biased at him for snubbing Ronaldinho and for making Brasil play like every other football team. I mean ffs, he had a golden generation of technically gifted players and they never showed it. :fp:

Parreira had a golden generation in 2006... Adriano, Kaka, Dinho, Robinho, Juninho at their primes + Cafu, Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo still kicking.

Dunga got all the drunk, decadent or injury prone version of those players, except for Robinho.

The real big talent was in defense. Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Juan...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

:conf:. Unless you're refering to all the kids, who a year later showed how inmature they were in Copa América (which only gives more reason to him not calling them up to the WC), and even then, they weren't stack nor are they stacked with a golden generation of technically gifted players. It's been a while since that.

Plus, the reason they went out of the WC was never the lack of Dinho (who was rightfully snubbed). The reason they lost to Holland was mostly down to Melo losing his head and Julio Cesar blunder. And Elano not being available, Elano under Dunga's system was pretty important.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
St Moritz
530580_389054127852477_549281642_n.jpg

Album here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.389053914519165.91002.308472842577273&type=1

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
and it's fine in the moment to be critical

im just saying after 4 years... he hasn't matured. He's still the same 'child' (and i emphasize CHILD) he was.

He's not bad apple like adriano. He's not lazy like dinho (post 2006). But he's also miles upon miles from say messi or cristiano ronaldo in terms of mentality. And Ronaldo is a perfect example... a real vain motherfucker, who definitely likes to party/go out, but is also the upmost professional and world reknown 'worker'. Whether his appearance annoys you, his game annoys you, you have to respect Ronaldo's work ethic.

And this is where my criticism of milan comes. Instead of backing ancelotti and giving pato 'tough love' to grow into a man, they babied him and he got away with murder. He partying with no real suspensions. The general fact carlo got fired. There's a lot there.

And it seems to me, only under allegri did they finally back the manager in his attempt to instill discipline in pato's training but then you got someone like silvio overriding it to appease his daughter.

it's a completely fucked situation, in my opinion with blame on all sides.

-

edit- seedorf + pirlo were not lazy though. Slow=/=lazy. And we all know how much clarence is lauded by everyone ever for being a training all-star, in top shape. working his ass off, leading etc.

Lazy isn't quite the best word...but i think it still fits in terms of their work ethic in the defensive side of the game....so many attackers got past him and he just jogged right along on :eek:

Nothing will convince me that the pre-2008 Pirlo just didn't give his all to Milan....especially after the Arsenal game. Seedorf blew hot and cold but always got it when he was crap.

Glad to see you acknowledge that it wasn't ALL HIS FAULT. I guess we emphasize different aspects of the Pato debacle. You point to the flaws in his mentality...which there have to be....and I point to the mistakes made in his nurturing... both different sides of the same coin.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
definitly the brazil 2006 world cup squad was one of the best ever, but only on paper.

only few of them really performed, like kaka

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
:conf:. Unless you're refering to all the kids, who a year later showed how inmature they were in Copa América (which only gives more reason to him not calling them up to the WC), and even then, they weren't stack nor are they stacked with a golden generation of technically gifted players. It's been a while since that.

Plus, the reason they went out of the WC was never the lack of Dinho (who was rightfully snubbed). The reason they lost to Holland was mostly down to Melo losing his head and Julio Cesar blunder. And Elano not being available, Elano under Dunga's system was pretty important.

How the hell was Dinho rightfully snubbed??

Is being the most creative player in Europe that year not enough to at the very least warrant a bench role at the WC?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Ramires could fit in nicely for Elano, but he was suspended

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lazy isn't quite the best word...but i think it still fits in terms of their work ethic in the defensive side of the game....so many attackers got past him and he just jogged right along on :eek:

to be fair... this still happens. He's not jogging, that's actually his sprint :lol:

Difference is juve have surrounded him with a bazillion workers.

we was still good in close quarters defensively, but could never close down for shit. So slow.

Glad to see you acknowledge that it wasn't ALL HIS FAULT. I guess we emphasize different aspects of the Pato debacle. You point to the flaws in his mentality...which there have to be....and I point to the mistakes made in his nurturing... both different sides of the same coin.

it's certainly not all his fault. Never thought it was.

But i hated seeing the free-pass given.....

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
the proofs in the pudding.

we sold him, 23 y.o. for 15 million in january to brasilian club.

one would think that...after seeing ibra go byebye...pato would have shouldered a bit more for the club he's been at since 17.

now he's coming back in 2 years? ok fine, enjoy corinthians. meanwhile, we got to score goals and get points over here in milan right now.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Pirlo won everything and got life contact then he went to pato mode

What did pato get to become this ohh Barbara .. billionaire Barbara .. berlus daughter .. ok

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
If it is TRULY because of Barbara's interference that Pato wasn't sold last winter, can one of you guys explain to me why he still ended up being sold a year later.. despite them still being together??

This is why I call some of you haters, make up stuff just to prove some point only made on this forum.. while completely disregarding multiple quotes by Berlusconi himself claiming he doesn't like Tevez and specifically said he doesn't want him here.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If it is TRULY because of Barbara's interference that Pato wasn't sold last winter, can one of you guys explain to me why he still ended up being sold a year later.. despite them still being together??

This is why I call some of you haters, make up stuff just to prove some point only made on this forum.. while completely disregarding multiple quotes by Berlusconi himself claiming he doesn't like Tevez and specifically said he doesn't want him here.

they are just trolls, your wasting your time

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
uh..duh!

galliani had the deal all set for tevez after pato sale. then the president said NO. why? who can possibly know!!!! :lol: :lol: so people speculate about..hmm...maybe pato's relationship with silvio's daughter has something to..specualiton speculation..

that totally doesn't matter though!!! :lol: :lol:

pato is an EX player..we got 15 million for him last week.

would u rather have 15 million today....or tevez last january????

by golly i would have liked to seen tevez in that team!

i never watch brasil serie A and i'm not gonna start

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
uh..duh!

galliani had the deal all set for tevez after pato sale. then the president said NO. why? who can possibly know!!!! :lol: :lol: so people speculate about..hmm...maybe pato's relationship with silvio's daughter has something to..specualiton speculation..

that totally doesn't matter though!!! :lol: :lol:

pato is an EX player..we got 15 million for him last week.

would u rather have 15 million today....or tevez last january????

by golly i would have liked to seen tevez in that team!

i never watch brasil serie A and i'm not gonna start

!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Why speculate when Mr. President came out himself and said he doesn't like Tevez and doesn't want him at Milan?? That is my point.

Ok let's just say ignore that and speculate! Why didn't Berlu block Pato's sale this year?? They're still together.

And don't get me wrong, I would've loved Tevez as well but too bad Mr. Berlu doesn't share the same opinion as me or you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
uh..duh!

its good milanlab didnt confirm this :proud: now we can hope for the return like we do three times a month with pato in milan jersey

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
How the hell was Dinho rightfully snubbed??

Is being the most creative player in Europe that year not enough to at the very least warrant a bench role at the WC?

?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude being stuck in the left flank in a system designed to at least try to make you not so worthless for a whole year to only cross the freaking ball doesn't make you the most creative player in Europe (there's no secret dinho can nail that, Dinho was also capable of doing WAYYYY more than that, and he didn't do it in all his time at Milan, except for flashes in a few games). And he certainly wasn't the most creative player in Europe that year, Sneijder, Xavi, Messi, Ribery, Iniesta, among others were FAR superior, hell Pizarro and Cassan (despite of being out for sometime in the second half of the season) were superior in Serie A too, yes I know Dinho had more assists, they had more game overall, they had to actually move around a little bit to get the ball.

Needless to say, in that Brazil he had no place, he would've slowed everything down that flank, he would've been lost, they would've played a man less in every game.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Why speculate when Mr. President came out himself and said he doesn't like Tevez and doesn't want him at Milan?? That is my point.

Ok let's just say ignore that and speculate! Why didn't Berlu block Pato's sale this year?? They're still together.

And don't get me wrong, I would've loved Tevez as well but too bad Mr. Berlu doesn't share the same opinion as me or you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

well...as i'm sure you know....if a player wants to leave milan, he can leave milan.

remember seeing the pic of gallliani and tevez at dinner? the deal was set! pato said..presidente..i dont wanna go....silvio said STOP GALLIANI!! I ALWAYS HATED TEVEZ!

lol..if pato agreed to go to psg we would have seen tevez playing with ibrahimovic.

why didnt' berlu block pato's sale now???? WELL--i'm sure you remember, when pato called his agent ;) yes, he called his agent to leave!

why would presidente stop pato from doing what he wants to do??? he's silvio berlusconi! he loves to make people happy! everyone knows this!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dinho in 2006 wc did shit worlds best player 5 games one assist

that was the end

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
anyways...didn't tevez also play for corinthisans??

who's gonna be better...

tevez corinthians or pato corinthians??

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
of course tevez

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude being stuck in the left flank in a system designed to at least try to make you not so worthless for a whole year to only cross the freaking ball doesn't make you the most creative player in Europe (there's no secret dinho can nail that, Dinho was also capable of doing WAYYYY more than that, and he didn't do it in all his time at Milan, except for flashes in a few games). And he certainly wasn't the most creative player in Europe that year, Sneijder, Xavi, Messi, Ribery, Iniesta, among others were FAR superior, hell Pizarro and Cassan (despite of being out for sometime in the second half of the season) were superior in Serie A too, yes I know Dinho had more assists, they had more game overall, they had to actually move around a little bit to get the ball.

Needless to say, in that Brazil he had no place, he would've slowed everything down that flank, he would've been lost, they would've played a man less in every game.

More exclamation marks please!!!!

I understand you might not like Ronaldinho as player/ person/ professional, etc but please do not make up stuff to prove your point. I am talking about the 2009/2010 season where he was by no means static. You claim he was stuck on the left wing, well that was his position! And actually if you watch a video of his passes/ assists that season, most of them were actually NOT crosses. He was our best player that season and for you to mention those players as FAR more creative than him is quite sad. But I guess people quickly forget things around here.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well...as i'm sure you know....if a player wants to leave milan, he can leave milan.

remember seeing the pic of gallliani and tevez at dinner? the deal was set! pato said..presidente..i dont wanna go....silvio said STOP GALLIANI!! I ALWAYS HATED TEVEZ!

lol..if pato agreed to go to psg we would have seen tevez playing with ibrahimovic.

why didnt' berlu block pato's sale now???? WELL--i'm sure you remember, when pato called his agent ;) yes, he called his agent to leave!

why would presidente stop pato from doing what he wants to do??? he's silvio berlusconi! he loves to make people happy! everyone knows this!

Well I also don't believe that it's as simple as Pato didn't play a game so he called his agent and told him he wants to leave. Probably was a series of events that led to that.

Pato and Barbara were dating while Galliani was eating dinner with Tevez. Did Berlu not know this? Did their relationship become news to him only after that dinner? If Pato and Barbara didn't want to separate, why have dinner with Tevez?

Anyways, I'm not disagreeing with why Pato was eventually sold... He's a bitch for the agent talk but this stupid claim that he wasn't sold last winter because of his relationship with Barbara is bullshit, imo... and to use your own words a bunch of gossip girl tabloid shit.

And Tevez is a better player than Pato..so it would not be surprising to me if tevez corinthians is better than pato corinthians.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
More exclamation marks please!!!!

I understand you might not like Ronaldinho as player/ person/ professional, etc but please do not make up stuff to prove your point. I am talking about the 2009/2010 season where he was by no means static. You claim he was stuck on the left wing, well that was his position! And actually if you watch a video of his passes/ assists that season, most of them were actually NOT crosses. He was our best player that season and for you to mention those players as FAR more creative than him is quite sad. But I guess people quickly forget things around here.

Ronaldinho was excellent right before the n00b charlatan desecrated the sacred via Turati :cry: He had the most assists in Europe before Allegri....he wasn't the Barca pre-2006 player and was always judged against that Ronaldinho

leave it alone bro...trolling is only trolling when it's against #taskforce

Nice to see Berlu still loves the duck. Would be nice if his #groupies followed suit :o
"Pato will return to Milan in one or one-and-a-half years. His injuries distances him a bit from Milan, but I made a deal with him," Berlusconi told Antenna3.

"He has gone to Corinthians, but he will come back here in the not too distant future. That's what he promised when he hugged me :proud: one last time before leaving."

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ronaldinho got every chance with Dunga until 2008. Dunga even overlooked his poor form in Barcelona the whole time and also Dinho refusal to play Copa America in 2007. He was one of the three over-aged at the Olympics in 2008 too.

He performed shit all the whole time and lost his place.

By 2010 Brazil had a team kicking ass. Why would a manager change a system who proved to be great at the last moment for a player who didn't even prove to fit in?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho was excellent right before the n00b charlatan desecrated the sacred via Turati :cry: He had the most assists in Europe before Allegri....he wasn't the Barca pre-2006 player and was always judged against that Ronaldinho

leave it alone bro...trolling is only trolling when it's against #taskforce

Nice to see Berlu still loves the duck. Would be nice if his #groupies followed suit :o

:lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho got every chance with Dunga until 2008. Dunga even overlooked his poor form in Barcelona the whole time and also Dinho refusal to play Copa America in 2007. He was one of the three over-aged at the Olympics in 2008 too.

By 2010 Brazil had a team kicking ass. Why would a manager change a system who proved to be great at the last moment for a player who didn't even prove to fit in?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

even ronaldo said after world cup. who was the dude who got the red :conf: Melo? made them lose that world cup

2 goals blown up :fp: dunga was right with that system even though i disagreed a little bit

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players

All I'm saying is I don't personally believe it would've hurt to have him on the bench. His play that year should've warranted that.

I didn't say base the team around him. You don't need to change a system to include him on the bench and play him if an extra creative force was needed.

Schedule