Week 38: Atalanta vs Milan 23/05/2021 18:00 CEST

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
How would you guys predict our attacking line up?

Rebic as front man just sounds too awful after the Cagliari horrorshow. I'd rather play with Leao and take the chance with him - maybe with him and Rebic switching between LF and CF during the game.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Atalanta has lost 3 times at home in the league this season too, it’s not a fortress

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I summon the spirit of Philippe ��

SonobambiniquestiCAZZO.mp4

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Y-lffP300

I trust our boys! They need to be motivated.

Every player on the team can become an instant legend of this club. Hell, if Krunic scores the winning goal, he will become a legend - even Samu. That's motivating!

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Fuck it , go crazy on their ass.

------------Kjaer----Roma----Tomo

Cala------------Kessie-----Ben------------Theo

------------------Diaz-----Hakan

-----------------------Mandz

Introduce Rebic & Leao when they are tired to finish the job.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Thats fucked up man.
I was probably the one who invented this bet thingy in this forum years ago but the stake was a sig or things for giggles & fucking around.
Permaban a brother for a bet ?!!!!

No one had to accept. It was their choice to. If we lost I'd join exile even if no one bet against me because I believe we will win. And losing just means that my time at rnb is complete.

Last edited:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
No one had to accept. It was their choice to. If we lost I'd join exile even if no one bet against me because I believe we will win. And losing just means that my time at rnb is complete.

Seems a little extreme. :lol:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Seems a little extreme. :lol:

I walk on ropes hundreds of feet in air . My job requires decisions that can determine life and death on a near daily basis. I run into buildings on fire. It's normal for me to be at extremes and it's what I do enjoy. It's ok that others don't enjoy it, those that don't didn't bet. Simple as that

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

Tantalis, I don't understand you.

There is no such thing as "my time is complete" when you're talking about a football forum :lol:. It's not cancer.
Even if there was such a thing, it is in no way related to the outcome of a bet you place online.
A standard bet is 50/50 and can go either way, but this is no standard bet. Looking at how Atalanta plays and at how we played this season, the belief that Milan will win is just against favorable odds. No matter how you look at it.
So placing a bet when odds are against you, is just not smart.

If you make this bet, you will lose most of the time, and it will have nothing to do with your time that is complete. It's just pure mathematics.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Tantalis, I don't understand you.

There is no such thing as "my time is complete" when you're talking about a football forum :lol:. It's not cancer.
Even if there was such a thing, it is in no way related to the outcome of a bet you place online.
A standard bet is 50/50 and can go either way, but this is no standard bet. Looking at how Atalanta plays and at how we played this season, the belief that Milan will win is just against favorable odds. No matter how you look at it.
So placing a bet when odds are against you, is just not smart.

If you make this bet, you will lose most of the time, and it will have nothing to do with your time that is complete. It's just pure mathematics.

Exactly you don't understand. You don't need to. I enjoy odds stacked against me. I don't like when things happen easily ie people that wanted us to be gifted through other teams efforts. To me that's a slap in the face for our hard work to not make the difference, to instead rely on others. This match is beautiful because it's solely up to us to prevail, that is what satisfies me most in sport.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
My preferred XI:

Donna
Calabria-Kjaer-Tomori-Theo
Kessie-Bennacer
Saele-Hakan-Leao
Rebic

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly you don't understand. You don't need to. I enjoy odds stacked against me. I don't like when things happen easily ie people that wanted us to be gifted through other teams efforts. To me that's a slap in the face for our hard work to not make the difference, to instead rely on others. This match is beautiful because it's solely up to us to prevail, that is what satisfies me most in sport.

:lol:

Until Atalanta dirty rape us

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Didn't dislike Pioli's comment as much in this interview. Found them reassuring actually.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Didn't dislike Pioli's comment as much in this interview. Found them reassuring actually.

I don't know why people even get so worked up over what coaches say about performances in post-game interviews.
"OMFFG fodder coach said we played well!!"

Post-game interviews are sometimes interesting because we get to hear explanations to the choices that were made.
The rest is just PR gibberish. Every coach will try to release some of the pressure on himself and his players.

What really matters is what he says to the players in person, behind the scenes.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
No worries fellas.. we did against Juventus, we'll do it against Atalanta.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Yeah... just like we did with Torino and Cagliari...

I'm expecting a pounding from Gasp we won't soon forget...

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I don't know why people even get so worked up over what coaches say about performances in post-game interviews.
"OMFFG fodder coach said we played well!!"

Post-game interviews are sometimes interesting because we get to hear explanations to the choices that were made.
The rest is just PR gibberish. Every coach will try to release some of the pressure on himself and his players.

What really matters is what he says to the players in person, behind the scenes.

Indeed .... i would take such coach over what Conti usually say.
Oh and Pirlo , I was about to discover football but they didnt give me the tools Pirlo :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How many Atalanta players are in their national team squads for Euro 2020?

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No doubt, Atalanta are good. They play effective and attacking football, especially against the top teams. They hunger after a goal show in every game they play - successfully.

After the Cagliari game, I shat my pant. No way, we are going to beat them at their stadium. And Gasperini would love to fuck us over.

But as the week goes on, I'm getting more and more optimistic. If we manage to focus throughout the entire game, and if (and this is a big if) we manage to neutralize their attacking weapons, we might indeed stand a chance.

I watched the highlights from their 4-3 victory over Genoa last weekend (Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G6d5UqlfoI). Their defence is a joke, and they tend to give a lot of space to the opponent. This is a natural consequence of their attacking football. Their defence in the Genoa game makes me even more optimistic.

I don't think the game will be easy, but Atalanta won't just sit back and play defensively like Cagliari - it's against their philosophy. Therefore, hope remains. If the boys can pull their shit together without fear, without too much nervousness, but with hunger, motivation and composure, we can do this.

Despite my hate for the man, we are dependent on Hakan having a good game - both defensively and offensively. If he can pack his nerves away and prove - not only to us AC Milan fans but also for football fans worldwide - that he is a quality player, he needs to show this NOW.

I can't wait for this game, and since everyone has written us off and we most likely have to win - we have nothing to lose in this game. We lost everything at Cagliari, and in this game, we can win everything back. This is when we are most dangerous apparently.

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yeah... just like we did with Torino and Cagliari...

I'm expecting a pounding from Gasp we won't soon forget...

Gasperini has given us a pounding we won't forget already, 5-0 when he was dancing and smiling on the sideline. Let Sunday be the day we get revenge and wipe the smile of his face.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I accept. So far you and Raz have stepped up to make the bet.

Draw kicks us all out

Stop being fucking morons :fp:
All of you guys are great posters. Especially you and Raz.

If we were all pessimists, this place would be depressing. If we were all optimists, then R&B would be a cult.
We're fine as we are :g:

Might I suggest that instead of a permaban....which ALL of you will eventually try some means of coming back anyway

Do a permanent name change.....Not something too ridiculous but something that will remind the loser of his defeat.

The loser will have to change their name into something that they historically hate....whether Pioli, Leao, Hakan etc - FAN.

That way you can gloat forever for being right AND still keep the forum rich in the diversity of contributions.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
I appreciate it leaf but I intend on keeping my end of the wager, its up to them if they want to or not with no malice against if they choose not to.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with leaf.

So, just to be clear, you want us to permaban you if it goes south on Sunday?

Schedule