Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan - Atletico Madrid 28/09/2021 21:00 CET

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ZiLxxL3.png

wow Milan getting a lot of respect from the odds makers

I saw Atletico have Lemar and Koke back and finally benched Griezmann for the match, will be tough

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Very tricky match? they struggle vs teams that park the bus

We do the complete opposite.. they ll be more than happy to sit back

Hopefully we can hurt them early on

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very tricky match? they struggle vs teams that park the bus

We do the complete opposite.. they ll be more than happy to sit back

Hopefully we can hurt them early on

Yeah, Atletico are a tricky one.
If they were a Bayern/Lpool/Atalanta type of team with a murderous attack and unbearable high pressure, then I would prefer a compact, defensively solid 11, with wide mids instead of wide forwards, like the end of last season when H*k*n and Krunic were moved to the left flank. Wide players that can defend deep and compensate for Diaz in the midfield. That's how we got the results against Juve & Atalanta, and made Manure look like Chievo. .

But Atletico are not like those teams. They are also not as vulnerable to high pressure as say Roma last season. A tough nut to crack.

Not that there's any doubt which approach will be used. Pioli could deploy one of Tonali/Bennacer/Kessie in the left wide mid role, but that's not going to happen. Leao and Rebic will play from start.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Atletico are a tricky one.
If they were a Bayern/Lpool/Atalanta type of team with a murderous attack and unbearable high pressure, then I would prefer a compact, defensively solid 11, with wide mids instead of wide forwards, like the end of last season when H*k*n and Krunic were moved to the left flank. Wide players that can defend deep and compensate for Diaz in the midfield. That's how we got the results against Juve & Atalanta, and made Manure look like Chievo. .

But Atletico are not like those teams. They are also not as vulnerable to high pressure as say Roma last season. A tough nut to crack.

Not that there's any doubt which approach will be used. Pioli could deploy one of Tonali/Bennacer/Kessie in the left wide mid role, but that's not going to happen. Leao and Rebic will play from start.

I don?t know either and it?s a tough one. Has the potential of really blowing up in our face if we get the strategy wrong. I would imagine Pioli has been watching a lot of recent Atletico games to see what works and what doesn?t. I think we?ll play much deeper than usual and force them to come out of their shell, and basically play them at their own game, not trying to force the issue with high pressing and leaving space at the back. They?re literally designed to be a team that counters that style of play. We?re lucky in that we can play in a different way, we can defend all game and hit them on the break at speed. I?m kind of hoping we end up doing that and not taking too many risks.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Today is the matchdaaaayyy.

Letssss gooooooooo.

:c:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
For the sport gamblers amongst us.

I am giving you this guarantee today.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.jpg

Ez money

We gonna fuck AM up 100% :c:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Can we win this one? Is the stadium on 75% capacity??

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
start tonali....and that is obvious

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Squad list:

GOALKEEPERS
Jungdal, Maignan, Tătărușanu.

DEFENDERS
Ballo-Toure, Calabria, Florenzi, Gabbia, Hernandez, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Tomori.

MIDFIELDERS
Bennacer, Diaz, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Tonali.

FORWARDS
Giroud, Leao, Maldini, Rebić.

CL squad is quite decimated with all the absentees. It's good we have some versatile players like Florenzi and Kalulu.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
This is a crucial game. Our defense must be rock solid and not let them score first. Kjaer missing is a big blow.

I hope we can win, but a draw wouldn't be a bad result for our qualification chances, tbh. I'd rather be careful

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Squad list:

GOALKEEPERS
Jungdal, Maignan, Tătărușanu.

DEFENDERS
Ballo-Toure, Calabria, Florenzi, Gabbia, Hernandez, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Tomori.

MIDFIELDERS
Bennacer, Diaz, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Tonali.

FORWARDS
Giroud, Leao, Maldini, Rebić.

CL squad is quite decimated with all the absentees. It's good we have some versatile players like Florenzi and Kalulu.

Yeah damn that's a thin squad. But we have good players all around for once.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Thought Kjaer was ready?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yea

think we are more careful this season with brining players back

and next game is atalanta away :cool:
Worried about Romagnoli-Theo.

So incredibly excited for tonights game. What a way to return at San Siro, playing the spanish champions.

Let's fucking crush them!

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Worried about Romagnoli-Theo.

So incredibly excited for tonights game. What a way to return at San Siro, playing the spanish champions.

Let's fucking crush them!

our good results are always related with good defense
moment when we allow to score someone we are forced to go forward - with our limited attack - and we look average
and now we are in ucl and scoring against team like a.madrid is painful.

Last edited:

Schedule