The Rumour Commode XXXIII: Loan with Option to Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
True but romagnoli lacks in leadership as well, ever since he switched to Raiola he stopped giving a fuck.

I?m not sure how to solve the Romagnoli mystery, perhaps best admit defeat and move on.

I do not mind he stays but it will be expensive and counter productive, for Romagnoli to stay he has to present his best form something he really didn?t show. We knew he has a very high ceiling but going into 27 is no longer a promise, he has to consistently deliver and for the money he makes I highly doubt he will justify what we pay him.

I think this is well written and describes how many of us feel about Romagnoli.

He also stayed at Milan during some turbulent times/ownership changes. I remember being quite excited when Milan signed him and he performed well for many years (better than recently anyway, whether that's due to tactics and/or drop in performance).

Honestly, I always liked him and wish him well whatever happens.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Daniele Longo:
"Theo #Hernandez he never asked for the sale, he sees the future in Red & Black. And the #Milan wants to adjust and renew the full-back's contract

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
There's a case to be made for this I think. Some CBs are clear leaders(De Ligt comes to mind), some aren't from the get-go.

Silva said he took his masters degree when he played with Nesta. Romagnoli has been playing with turds and rejects ever since he came to Milan, but he looked good next to Simon. As everyone does. By Piolis words he's still the captain, let's see if he stays or not but if he stays he has to start emulating some of Simons traits. If not he's worthless in this squad.

Romagnoli could've taken some leadership/cool guy lessons from Mexes

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
In 2016 I suggested

tenor.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Peppe Di Stefano to SkySport: "We all wish Ivan Gazidis the best of luck. The night before last, the CEO sent a video-selfie from New York to the team projected in the locker room and he was smiling, charged, and motivated.

The team responded to him via WhatsApp with Romagnoli representing the group, thus testifying to compactness and cohesion".

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
We deserve at least one signing / week, even if its for the Primavera. This is not acceptable, Maldini.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Complaining about Hauge's haircut while Samu is still in the team. Shame on you all.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
I'm a lurker but this situation with Kessie worries me more than anything related to the mercato. Our policy of sticking to a wage structure with some arbitrary cap makes no sense financially if you risk to lose your biggest asset for free. If Kessie asks for six millions, give it to him, he's easily worth it. Sign him to a four year deal and maybe after a couple of seasons sell him for 50-60 millions, if you must. It's not all about the short term gain of saving a few millions at the cost of losing the player, but the long term advantage of keeping a champion or at least profit enormously by his sale. I think Maldini and Massara have done a great job but our weakness is waiting too long before re-signing a player.

This managament don?t look at it that way?

This policy we save 10 M on transfers and 5 on wages might cost more then those saves long term

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
You know what pisses me off?

UEFA's holier than thou attitude when they say their primary concern is to look after the best interest of clubs. And the fact that folks buy the BS.

PSG and City openly got aaay with flouting FFP rules back in 2017 and Qatar FC are likely to get away with it again this season. Meanwhile the likes of Milan and Inter are severely punished on the other hand. It irks me a bit that Elliot, being so powerful that they are, doesnt have the guts to call out UEFA's bs and flout FFP just like those two scummy clubs have been.

This is why I was actually for the Super League, only for the reason to stick it to the corrupt organisation that is UEFA. State backed clubs with an unlimited pool of money have really ruined football tbh, not EPL, and not the Spanish giants (as scummy as they are too).

I am all for financial prudence and getting our books in order. But I just can help wonder if we are fighting a loosing battle because of how rigged the system created by UEFA is.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Yeah i know what really pisses you off, its the fact that we arent rich anymore.
Ffp is a joke no doubt & its a disgrace they have standards but i refuse to be bitter & double standard myself when we uses to be them.
I prefer our self sustained model anyway.

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
433 works if Diaz can transform into a rw. Would mean that bakyoko and Kamara would need to come and would make as a more mid dominant team. I don't mind the idea but it is a risk.

Kess-Ben-Tona-Kru-Baka-Kamara midfield wont work.
No creativity nor movement in the final third.
4-2-3-1 is the way to go.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Complaining about Hauge's haircut while Samu is still in the team. Shame on you all.

Leave Samu alone. Off the pitch, he is the glue for our Spanish speaking players.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This managament don?t look at it that way?

This policy we save 10 M on transfers and 5 on wages might cost more then those saves long term

They look at these things on a case by case basis. Hakan would have had no resale value around the end of the deal he was offered. They decided 4.5m was the limit for him, anything more is where getting a younger, better maybe cheaper alternative becomes a more appealing option.

Donnarumma was a unique case where they were willing to make an exception. 8m a year for a 22 year old GK, no matter how good, is still an exception. Letting him go for free and signing an opportunity like Maignan actually saved us a ton of money in the long run, and there's a chance the performance level of the team might not drop that much if at all. It's not romantic for sure, but it made sense. The problem with Gigio is that even if he had signed it would have been really hard to sell him later on and still make a profit.

Kessie is an entirely different case. He's a lot younger than Hakan. His position and profile is very highly sought after. He's constantly improving and has been very consistent. His wage demand, although high, is not unprecedented. He would be on par with the best midfielders in Serie A, and he is one so he deserves to be paid as such. Management won't be stupid enough to blindly stick to an arbitrary wage limit like 4m and let Kessie walk, they're not stupid. They know even if he signs that they can sell him when the market recovers for close to 80m if he keeps on performing.

Kessie will sign, there's no doubt about it. Maldini just likes to squeeze every opportunity possible to get the best deal, but in the end they'll make it happen. They had 8m ready for Gigio. They can find around 5.5m or 6m the President.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Kess-Ben-Tona-Kru-Baka-Kamara midfield wont work.
No creativity nor movement in the final third.
4-2-3-1 is the way to go.

We?ll use 4-4-2 but this means we have to find the right player for the LM. We have defensive problems and 4-4-2 can improve us.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We?ll use 4-4-2 but this means we have to find the right player for the LM. We have defensive problems and 4-4-2 can improve us.

???

Says who? Also what do you mean by 442, who's the 2?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
???

Says who? Also what do you mean by 442, who's the 2?

Sky reported Pioli is testing 4-4-2 as an alternative to 4-2-3-1.

Rebic/Leao - Ibra/Giroud

Why did Pioli say ?We need 4 strikers??

Last edited:

xDxMxSx

Banned
Reaction score
The Italian Government has given the all-clear for stadiums to be open at 50 per cent capacity, but fans can only enter with a Green Pass proving their COVID status

Great news.
Yes great news, f***ng hitler is laughing in his grave with this segregation of people.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4.4.2 with a sterile Kess-Ben ?
Sale RM ? Backed by .... ?
Who are our two LMs ?
Rebic/Leao SS ?
Where will Diaz play ?

Yeah , 4.4.2 is ready :fp:

xDxMxSx

Banned
Reaction score
yes,
if you want enter someone else property you need accept rules made by the owner.
It's a shame that they don't make as absurd rules as the one above like: no black people because they could steal some shit or muslims who will blow up the stadium.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We dominated half our season with 4.2.3.1 & we should build on it.
Is it perfect ? Of course not.
But its the most logical formation for our squad with the lesser variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule