The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Lets forget for a moment that we didnt get in on merit and that we dont deserve this since we?ve been a badly run almost bankrupt hole for past 10 years.

If you care only about Milan its great. If you care for the game and if you have a favourite local club then its horrible. And what is horrible for the game cant be good for Milan in the long run, that is my oppinion.

This is a Milan forum so it makes sense that most people are crazy about it.

But look at it from another perspective, how mad would you be if we wouldnt get invited and be left forgoten? Thats the objective view and thats the view of the majority. And for the majority this is a horrible situation.

But again its a Milan forum so ofcourse noone will be objective here.
:thumbsup:

Only the fans of broke ass clubs are in favour of the SL. Most PL fans seem to be against the idea.

"My Milan" :proud:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly!

Is this some kind of news to you guys? That clubs don't have to give in to demands of the players of their agents? Or that a club should re-negotiate contracts with their players before the last year of their current contract?

Why do you think FIFA wants to put a cap on agent fees at 10%?

A salary cap should have been instituted a long time ago & maybe they wouldn't have gotten to this point. It would have brought parody to the sport. Do what they do in American sports you have a players union and they negotiate a collective bargaining agreement every X amount of years. If revenues go up, then the salary cap goes up as well.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Lets forget for a moment that we didnt get in on merit and that we dont deserve this since we?ve been a badly run almost bankrupt hole for past 10 years.

If you care only about Milan its great. If you care for the game and if you have a favourite local club then its horrible. And what is horrible for the game cant be good for Milan in the long run, that is my oppinion.

This is a Milan forum so it makes sense that most people are crazy about it.

But look at it from another perspective, how mad would you be if we wouldnt get invited and be left forgoten? Thats the objective view and thats the view of the majority. And for the majority this is a horrible situation.

But again its a Milan forum so ofcourse noone will be objective here.

If you care about ?ac milan? as an entity separate from the competitions it has historically been apart of, you are responsible for this and I am pointing my finger at you

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
The owners & management have a pretty easy response to players who are complaining about the Super League. Either take a massive pay cut from your ridiculous salaries or shut up.
Players may actually be entitled to unilaterally terminate their contracts, at least in the PL.

Wouldn't be surprised if some player try to benefit from the situation to get bigger paychecks.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh yes, it's simple.

If we only would have negotiated last year instead of this one. That totally would have changed everything, how silly of Maldini to forget to do that.

I'm not sure what your point here is any more.

Are you trying to say that clubs that are bad at negotiating or that get extorted from the players don't bear any of the fault? It's all the fault of the players and their agents for asking for more money?

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Exactly!

Is this some kind of news to you guys? That clubs don't have to give in to demands of the players of their agents? Or that a club should re-negotiate contracts with their players before the last year of their current contract?

Why do you think FIFA wants to put a cap on agent fees at 10%?

Yes but we cannot thrive in such a system and we will never be able to catch up to those who can without some benevolent billionaire coming down and showering us with money.

You?re right, the clubs should draw a line in the sand because even some of the ones who do give in (like Real and Barca) are in terrible debt. However, that opens the door for predatory clubs like City and PSG to make the top of that pyramid even smaller because they can afford to just create new sponsorship deals.

The clubs are definitely complicit in what has occurred but UEFA has done nothing proactive to govern these kinds of situations and when they have had the chance to lower the FFP hammer, they have punished smaller clubs and allowed PSG and Man City to get away without any actual sanctions.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are you trying to say that clubs that are bad at negotiating or that get extorted from the players don't bear any of the fault? It's all the fault of the players and their agents for asking for more money?

everyone sucks here. So players playing holier than thou is really rich.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
If you care about ?ac milan? as an entity separate from the competitions it has historically been apart of, you are responsible for this and I am pointing my finger at you

This is true.

There is no Milan without Seria A and without CL history.

CL DNA

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A salary cap should have been instituted a long time ago & maybe they wouldn't have gotten to this point. It would have brought parody to the sport. Do what they do in American sports you have a players union and they negotiate a collective bargaining agreement every X amount of years. If revenues go up, then the salary cap goes up as well.

I agree. Currently a salary cap is against EU rules but perhaps now EU ministers will look at instituting salary caps and agent fee caps.

I don't get how some of the people here think that throwing money at a problem will make it go away.

As if the players and their agents won't just ask for more money and put the same clubs back in the same problem. And then what? A Mega League?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree. Currently a salary cap is against EU rules but perhaps now EU ministers will look at instituting salary caps and agent fee caps.

I don't get how some of the people here think that throwing money at a problem will make it go away.

As if the players and their agents won't just ask for more money and put the same clubs back in the same problem. And then what? A Mega League?

But it's beetter than doing nothing and just stagnate in the current system.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Broke ass clubs that people want to watch :lol:

Funny how you don't see something is wrong with that :lol:
Primarily referring to Milan here. Haven't been relevant for years. Perez's target audience (16-24?) most certainly don't want to watch Milan games if given a choice.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes but we cannot thrive in such a system and we will never be able to catch up to those who can without some benevolent billionaire coming down and showering us with money.

You?re right, the clubs should draw a line in the sand because even some of the ones who do give in (like Real and Barca) are in terrible debt. However, that opens the door for predatory clubs like City and PSG to make the top of that pyramid even smaller because they can afford to just create new sponsorship deals.

The clubs are definitely complicit in what has occurred but UEFA has done nothing proactive to govern these kinds of situations and when they have had the chance to lower the FFP hammer, they have punished smaller clubs and allowed PSG and Man City to get away without any actual sanctions.

I agree but like others have said, what's bad for the game can't be good for Milan.

There are plenty of clubs out there that are making it work without spending massively, like West Ham, Leicester, Atalanta. This is why they want the Super League. Not because it just gives them more money, but because it takes away the ability of smaller clubs to knock them out.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But it's beetter than doing nothing and just stagnate in the current system.

But no one is saying that. I acknowledge that the current system isn't working.

But if you look at the new proposed rules for CL in 2024, the clubs still want entrance based on historical positions. And I'm sorry, but that goes against all that football is. If Atalanta does well, they should 100% get in CL before Juventus. Same goes for clubs in Premier League and La Liga.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I dont get it. People are crazy about the idea of getting into this "Super League" without doing anything, when we have an amazing story right behind us this season. 10 years of hardship and we finally got back and rightfuly deserve the CL as an award and the best football league in the world. But you guys still choose the Super league...before this story of hardship and effort.

mind boggling. Maybe Im just old and not addicted to video games.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think for sure player salaries are going to go up for those involved in the Super League. I don't know why they are complaining. Probably just to save face & not look greedy.

I also don't understand why the rest of the clubs from every domestic league want to kick these Super League clubs out. Your tv deals are going to drop dramatically without the big clubs.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, it's Bale's fault Real gave him 30m per year over 6 years.

Guess what, clubs don't have to give in to demands of the players. Just look at how Bayern does things.

Stop with fucking Bayern, they have a whole league to nick players from and lie in bed with the Qataris. Also Bundesliga has the worst case of serial champion out of all top leagues as a result of this.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Enough already the super league is very likely to go ahead the advantages of being involved are huge. There are several arguments for and against the formation of the super league and both sides make valid arguments. I just hope a middle ground can be found that will help fix a lot of problems in the game. And more importantly I hope grudges are not held because resentment only leads to ugly scenes.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I also don't understand why the rest of the clubs from every domestic league want to kick these Super League clubs out. Your tv deals are going to drop dramatically without the big clubs.

They will already drop. Why would anyone watch Atalanta matches when they have no chance of qualifying for the Super League?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I dont get it. People are crazy about the idea of getting into this "Super League" without doing anything, when we have an amazing story right behind us this season. 10 years of hardship and we finally got back and rightfuly deserve the CL as an award and the best football league in the world. But you guys still choose the Super league...before this story of hardship and effort.

Yea, truly absurd

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stop with fucking Bayern, they have a whole league to nick players from and lie in bed with the Qataris. Also Bundesliga has the worst case of serial champion out of all top leagues as a result of this.

Oh no, a top club buying talent from lower clubs. Stop the presses!

I'd love for Milan to be in that position. Top of the league year after year and able to buy young and world class talent from lower clubs in the league.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.

Salary caps are not necessarily against EU regulations. In competition law terms, a salary cap whose object is to ensure long term sustainability could escape competition rules. It also needs to pass the proportionality test.

The above could be challenged before courts of course. Clubs haven't really pushed hard enough for it.

Salary caps on agent commissions will also be challenged, but as of now it seems that FIFA is going to go ahead with it.

Last edited:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Superleague wasn't meant to exclude any of those clubs from domestic league. And nobody says that they will abandon Cl.

It's just another exclusive party.

Why can't those club have an exclusive party? In reality, many people can have an exclusive party.
Why do people has to be "heart broken" because they're not elite enough to get invited?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But no one is saying that. I acknowledge that the current system isn't working.

But if you look at the new proposed rules for CL in 2024, the clubs still want entrance based on historical positions. And I'm sorry, but that goes against all that football is. If Atalanta does well, they should 100% get in CL before Juventus. Same goes for clubs in Premier League and La Liga.

But increasing the CL's tournament size? Does that add more merit to the game or just more money for UEFA?

And also, what's being done to fix the unfairness of FFP?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Because we have a top 10 brand in football, yet we are not that level of competitiveness.
Of course we were missmanaged, but the problem is also structural and the SL targets that.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS:

A court in Madrid has ruled that UEFA and FIFA must not impose sanctions on clubs or players taking part in the #SuperLeague until it fully considers the case

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I agree but like others have said, what's bad for the game can't be good for Milan.

There are plenty of clubs out there that are making it work without spending massively, like West Ham, Leicester, Atalanta. This is why they want the Super League. Not because it just gives them more money, but because it takes away the ability of smaller clubs to knock them out.

You and I tend to agree, I think we both make good points and I enjoy the back and forth because we are on different sides of this but see the merit with both.

West Ham made 144.5 million euros on TV revenue in 2018-19 with Leicester making slightly more....we made 87 last year. There is something very wrong with that picture. Both of those clubs also brought in more revenue overall and rank ahead of us in that regard.

Part of that is our fault but the revenue the English teams bring in cannot be matched by us. The stadium we want to build is held back because of the terrible bureaucracy in Italy. Milan should not be punished because the country that they are in is not as attractive to broadcasting companies or because the politics are decades behind.

Atalanta is an incredible model but they are an exception to the rule...they also played their CL matches in our stadium and in spite of all their success will never win any major trophies if we are being honest.

I am not saying the new system is perfect but it?s at least a base to work off of and will hopefully allow more teams to play their way in, earn it on the pitch and punish some of those who don?t. All I know is that the current system makes it impossible for us to succeed, along with 99.9% of clubs.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Superleague wasn't meant to exclude any of those clubs from domestic league. And nobody says that they will abandon Cl.

It's just another exclusive party.

Why can't those club have an exclusive party? In reality, many people can have an exclusive party.
Why do people has to be "heart broken" because they're not elite enough to get invited?

They already had an exclusive party right, the international champions cup in USA over the summer. Just call that super league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule