Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bakayoko and Martial would be great. Hope MR is not playing with us :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Nope. Musacchio did switch to RB when Caldara came on. But when Bellanova came and Calabria left we switched to a back three, Simic on the right, Caldara in the middle and Romagnoli on the left. Hakan played on the left side and Bellanova on the right side. In the middle it was Suso Kessie and Mauri in the middle with Cutrone and Bacca up front. They only played like this since the 80 minute when the change happened, but it was very clearly a 352.

Edit: In fact, I remember when Simic walked in he gestured to the rest with a 3. Go watch the replay if you want.

I know they played 3-5-2, I said they ALSO played what looked like a 4-2-3-1.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Dealing with Lotito is notoriously difficult, but there are some reasons why dealing with Lotito can be good too:

1. Lotito is political - There are many things that a club like Milan can offer to Lotito besides money and players. Power, votes etc. Lotito is the most political of Serie A owners, and has interests in a variety of football business aspects

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aKjZRb6_460svvp9.webm

Reading necro's post I was just as shook as this guy in the video.

I can see it now, at the turnstiles, they hand you a slip to remind you to vote for Lotito

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know they played 3-5-2, I said they ALSO played what looked like a 4-2-3-1.

4231 and 433 are basically the same, depends on how the midfielders move. Are you saying that Kessie and Mauri stayed back while Hakan played as a central AM? I didn't see that at all. Hakan always stayed left and Kessie right and Mauri sat back in the middle. It was a 433.

Go to around 1:20:00, you can clearly see us defending with 3 in the middle, with Hakan on the left of Mauri. If it was a double pivot, then Hakan would be ahead of them and Suso/Cutrone would be deeper. They're not.

It's a very minor distinction anyway.

Edit: My point is that based on what Gattuso said in the past we will not be playing a double pivot. He seems to have a strong reason for wanting to only play with 3 in the middle. Probably worried about balance. A double pivot shifting laterally is too much if your wingers aren't tracking back.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
4231 and 433 are basically the same, depends on how the midfielders move. Are you saying that Kessie and Mauri stayed back while Hakan played as a central AM? I didn't see that at all. Hakan always stayed left and Kessie right and Mauri sat back in the middle. It was a 433.

Go to around 1:20:00, you can clearly see us defending with 3 in the middle, with Hakan on the left of Mauri. If it was a double pivot, then Hakan would be ahead of them and Suso/Cutrone would be deeper. They're not.

It's a very minor distinction anyway.

The distinction is in the movements of all players concerned. I saw Cutrone stay firmly on the wing and forward only when we had possession beyond the halfway line. Hakan and Kessie both darted forward looking for the ball when not in possession - ahead of Cutrone and Suso. Hakan was firmly to the right of Cutrone, and Kessie was firmly to the left of Suso.

-----------------Bacca---------------

---Cutrone---Hakan----Kessie---Suso
----------------Mauri-----------

This is what I thought we played in the 2nd half till we switched to 3.

Hakan and Kessie took turns falling back and moving ahead.

They are all hybrid formations, you could call it either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but the point is that it was something different.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edit: My point is that based on what Gattuso said in the past we will not be playing a double pivot. He seems to have a strong reason for wanting to only play with 3 in the middle. Probably worried about balance. A double pivot shifting laterally is too much if your wingers aren't tracking back.

The difference is that with Bakayoko, we get a proper DM to play a double pivot. Kessie would never work well in Serie A in that role.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
would explain Bakayoko coming, although worrying because he's never fielded it before

It's pretty much the same as 433 just with the LCM moving a bit forward and becoming a CAM (Hakan)

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
L’equipe: Rabiot turned down the latest PSG offer for renewal. The club will not let the player leave this summer. They are willing to keep him one year with the reserve.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
L’equipe: Rabiot turned down the latest PSG offer for renewal. The club will not let the player leave this summer. They are willing to keep him one year with the reserve.

no way his mother will let this happen

welcome rabiot

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol. See, Arabs are different... dont give a single fuck abt losing him for nothing next year, this year they will make an example of him

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Tutto Sport: Spartak Moscow want 25m for Promes. They club is open to an expensive loan plus option idea.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We are shrewd.

Shrewd is knowing that you'll lose money this way and FFP wont look at it too kindly so you bite the bullet and sell the fecker.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Tutto Sport: Spartak Moscow want 25m for Promes. They club is open to an expensive loan plus option idea.

LETS GOOOO! Quincey gone tear up that wing. I’m afraid we’re going to miss out on a good mid

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

5m loan + 20m option. 5m is fine for one season and if it doesn't work out we don't need to commit.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
elliott you cheap so n so... give Leo sum monies

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Shrewd is knowing that you'll lose money this way and FFP wont look at it too kindly so you bite the bullet and sell the fecker.

I agree but UEFA are a greasy bunch. Arab monies have a way to every pocket.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No way Rabiot plays with B team whole season. He is a top player already and a starter for one of the strongest teams in football, so zero chance he accepts this. Leo should call the sheikh while Paolo is hotlining Mommy Rabiot

armanas

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' Nesta Cafu Shevchenko
ADRIEN RABIOT - WELCOME TO AC MILAN - Crazy Skills, Passes, Assists & Goals (HD)

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Inter signed modric.

6a66a630279d0dbe7c049953cb7e6479.jpg

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Leonardo will sign at least 2 players before the end of the transfer market on August 17. [Corriere della Sera]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule