The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:54   #1361
Sheva0172
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

My point exactly, i saw them against Udinese and i didn’t see a team picking up 15 points in the last 5..

I don’t see us win the next 3 games either btw.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:40   #1362
boss85
Rookie

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi

I think after this win we're back to 2020 mode and fully expect 9 pts in last three games

finish the season on nice, comfy 81pts
boss85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 13:18   #1363
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Yesterday and today all day long, whenever looking at the score or goal replays afterwards:

What a way to break their new stadium curse, I was still having doubts after the first goal, but when the second came I knew we weren't going to let them back into the match. The cherry on top of the cake was hearing the commentator here ( who I assume is a big Juventus fan ) be a bitter twat all game long

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 14:50   #1364
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschief View Post
i cant think of a scenario where 6 points will not be enoughh, care to elaborate?

with 6 points we?re at 78.

- lazio can not get us as their max is 76 points even if they win all games.
- juve can only get up to 78 points if they win it all, and even then we have the H2
- napoli can get to 79 points, so they might overtake us if they win it all
- atalanta can overtake us, they can get to 81 if they beat us (and our 6 points are not partly taken from them)

even in this ?worst case? scenario we are still on fourth, right?
Turns out I was right for the wrong reasons, there's a scenario we don't qualify with 6 points if Atalanta, Milan and Juve end up in a 3 way tie, depending on our result with Atalanta. Thanks to namarov for the elaboration:

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know - regarding the last game thread - that there is one scenario when 6 pts do not guarantee us CL spot. That is when
- Napoli wins all their games and finishes with 79 pts (2nd place)
- Juve wins all remainng games
- we win our next two games
- Atalanta gets 3 pts from next 2 games
- we loose the last game against Atalanta

We end up in a 3-way tie between us, Atalanta and Juve (all at 78 pts)

In a "little table" we are last:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/serie-...on_id_bis=2020

cheers
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 14:54   #1365
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
We have the H2H advantage over Juve, but if Juve, Milan and Atalanta all finish on 78 points, then the H2H games between those 3 teams will be treated as a league table on it's own.
Atalanta and Juve have obtained more points than us in those games so far. We would need to beat Atalanta to avoid finishing 5th.

Like I said it's only a tiny possibility, but it's possible, mathematically.
So it's in our best interest if Atalanta win enough to get past 78.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 15:21   #1366
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
We have the H2H advantage over Juve, but if Juve, Milan and Atalanta all finish on 78 points, then the H2H games between those 3 teams will be treated as a league table on it's own.
Atalanta and Juve have obtained more points than us in those games so far. We would need to beat Atalanta to avoid finishing 5th.

this doesn't make sense to me. if we're all tied on points, both us and atalanta have the h2h advantage over juve so we should both end up being above them?
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 15:31   #1367
Hitchens
Right when it matters

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
this doesn't make sense to me. if we're all tied on points, both us and atalanta have the h2h advantage over juve so we should both end up being above them?
It creates a three way h2h, or micro-table.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 21:17   #1368
Raghav
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

Full match link anyone?
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 21:26   #1369
Ryo
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaka Billy George Marco Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
In a 3 way tie on points, the head 2 head accounts for all 3 teams, not just Milan v Juve and Milan v Atalanta.

It takes into account all 4 games, in which case, IF Milan don't win against Atalanta in the last match:

- Milan will have won 3 points from 4 games against Juve & Atalanta.
- Juve will have won 4 points from 4 games against Milan & Atalanta.
- Atalanta will have won 10 points from 4 games against Milan and Juventus.

In this scenario, Milan will have earned the least amount of points, and thus will be ranked last place.

This case is highly unlikely unless Juve manage to take all 9 points off their last 3 matches, but they play Sassuolo, Inter before Bologna last round.
But it's still a possibility.

Best case is to ignore what the other teams do and just earn the 6 points from the next 2 matches.
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:13   #1370
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Nice, nice, nice game!
Pioli didnt allowed Ibra to get isolated and didnt go full mode winger.

Two strikers was the way to go.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:20   #1371
Sven
Super Moderator

This match really showed the potential of this team which is the football we all saw for most f 2020. It's there and that's why it's all about keeping the core and reinforcing here and there in the next few years no matter if we qualify for CL or not.

I'll keep beating the drum of fitness. This season was derailed because of a very poor physical preparation. All those injuries took a tool on the team and a lot of our best players not only lost big parts of the season but they came back playing at 60% of their potential and took ages to look good again. This is a young team and this shit shouldn't happen. Every club in Europe had covid season and weird preseason but few suffered as much as Milan did.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:57   #1372
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:

Hmmm , thats brand new information.

Signature
Wild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:00   #1373
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
In a 3 way tie on points, the head 2 head accounts for all 3 teams, not just Milan v Juve and Milan v Atalanta.

It takes into account all 4 games, in which case, IF Milan don't win against Atalanta in the last match:

- Milan will have won 3 points from 4 games against Juve & Atalanta.
- Juve will have won 4 points from 4 games against Milan & Atalanta.
- Atalanta will have won 10 points from 4 games against Milan and Juventus.

In this scenario, Milan will have earned the least amount of points, and thus will be ranked last place.

This case is highly unlikely unless Juve manage to take all 9 points off their last 3 matches, but they play Sassuolo, Inter before Bologna last round.
But it's still a possibility.

Best case is to ignore what the other teams do and just earn the 6 points from the next 2 matches.
+ cheer for Atalanta to win their two games before we meet.
My prediction is that the last game wont affect both team qualifying for the Cl & Juve will be out.
We then will be playing for ranking/$ & Donna will activate god $ mode

Signature
Wild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 16:00   #1374
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Meite is so bad, can't understand Pioli's subbing him on ever... he comes on and on Dybala's effort runs into no man land and then tries to challenge him once way out of the play and ends up running into Theo who actually is getting close enough to challenge Dybala and ends up taking both himself and Theo out of the play and Dybala gets the shot off and scares us all... That goes in, no more head to head advantage... stop playing this joke of a player Pioli, I'd rather play a random youth product than this trash.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 16:19   #1375
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Meite is so bad, can't understand Pioli's subbing him on ever... he comes on and on Dybala's effort runs into no man land and then tries to challenge him once way out of the play and ends up running into Theo who actually is getting close enough to challenge Dybala and ends up taking both himself and Theo out of the play and Dybala gets the shot off and scares us all... That goes in, no more head to head advantage... stop playing this joke of a player Pioli, I'd rather play a random youth product than this trash.
Meite goes back and forth between great and disastrous, whereas Tonali has been consistently average.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 16:31   #1376
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Meite goes back and forth between great and disastrous, whereas Tonali has been consistently average.
So different but same...

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 13:21   #1377
Stitches
AC Milan Icon

06:20 (especially 06:45)
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote