Milan - Dortmund

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes, Tuesday we play home against Dortmund!
We are qualified as we all know but a win is always important.
It gives as trust for the rest of this season and we need the money we can get cause of our big debt!
Dortmund must win otherwise they are OUT!
But I also hope Real goes OUT that means that Dortmund must win from.
A DILEMMA!

I hope 2-1 for us but I think Dortmund will fight hard...it will be difficult!!!

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i read that milan r taking all the players for this game. this is so stupid. why he didnt take all the best player for real game.

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Well actually I read we have also some primavera player in the list...
Anyway who cares???

Probably we are going to win this match...
probably not...

Probably we could win against Real also...
but we did our worst not to do it!

NOW to be honest, I totally snob this CL game...
I'll spare my money as I'm not going out to watch this match!

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mellanie said:
... NOW to be honest, I totally snob this CL game...

same here! i had planned to travel to milan, had a ticket for borussia-milan + was more than willing to buy one for milan-juve from some scalper... had made flight + hotel arrangements... cancelled it all over the weekend... and don't regret it.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Yeah I as well think at this point it's kinda a waste to play Sheva and the rest of the best. They included 2 primavera (Stefani & Pastrello), but I doubt they'll play at all.

All I know is if someone good gets injured I'm gonna be pissed.

Squad: Abbiati, Fiori, Dida; Costacurta, Laursen, Maldini, Nesta, Simic, Stefani; Brocchi, Dalla Bona, Gattuso, Pirlo, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Dal Bello, Pastrello; Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Tomasson.

Great thing is though that no matter what the outcome we win, even if we loose we make it harder on Madrid, so that's always a plus.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Ancelotti will field all of his men for this match??? I am not watching this match, but I will be doing essentially the same thing as those people watching it.......the only difference is.......when I get finished masterbating........I'm gonna have a little something to show for it ragazzi. :)

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Squad: Abbiati, Fiori, Dida; Costacurta, Laursen, Maldini, Nesta, Simic, Stefani; Brocchi, Dalla Bona, Gattuso, Pirlo, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Dal Bello, Pastrello; Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Tomasson.
Maybe Carlo should try this formation
-----Fiori-----
Costacurta--Laursen--Simic--Stefani
Brocchi---Dalla Bona---Dal Bello---Pastrello
------Pirlo----
----Tomasson----

And Captain Paolo maybe for 10 minutes just to increase his record in European Football.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't care about the formation.. and don't care about the final result.. all i care is next saturday when milan face juve.... now that's the real deal... it's a final game to determine whether milan still in scudetto race or not...

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Maybe this game could give a push to Milan if they win it En Sha Allah!!
I think Carlo's playing with that line-up to raise the confidence of the players if they win it ...
So, let them have it as a friendly match or a warm up!! That's all what we can say for the moment ...

FORZA MILAN!!

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Dont know about the Primavera, but if Stefano Pastrello lives up to his Champ Manager reputation, we should win, i danno, 5-0 :D

But because this is real life, im leaning towards an :o draw..

Bitchin :D

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The only reason why I'd like to see Milan win this meaningless game is for the team to get some confidence before the Juve game. We haven't won in so long and a taste of victory might get these sods all excited for the Juve game. :devil2:

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
OFFICIAL LINE UP:

Abbiati
Simic - Laursen - Nesta - Maldini
Gattuso - Redondo - Rui Costa - Brocchi
Tomasson - Rivaldo

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Ok, that was a shit performance. Hopefully some sort of miracle will come along in the next 120 hours........A miracle is what we need vs Juve considering this recent form. We suck at home, and now it appears we suck in Europe. My how the tides have turned for the worse. :rolleyes:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why the hell does Ancelotti put Brocchi as the ML?! :conf: Does he not know he's a MR? What a stupid thing to do :head:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
rony31 said:
Why the hell does Ancelotti put Brocchi as the ML?! :conf: Does he not know he's a MR? What a stupid thing to do :head:
Well, with the way that he's been setting the formation lately it ain't really surprising... :rolleyes:

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
why would he put all the best player. he is so dumb. we have game against juve on weekend and he havent rested anyone. i have no faith in that guy. we have won 5 matches. silvo told him to play sheva and pippo. and i guess calro doesnt care what the president and owner tolds him. silvo should sack his ass. and i think carlo doesnt like sheva. it looks like sheva might leave in summer. if you play sheva every game his physical conditions go up and he will improved and start scoring goals. he looks he isnt playing well, well get your place on the beach.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well all I got was the highlighs and they only showed the goal from 1 angle.

Was Koller offsides? It looked real close. And again what the hell is Laursen doing? If Koller wasn't offsides it was because Laursen ran back for no reason and kept him onsides.

How do you say "offsides trap" in Danish? How 'bout Italian? "Presa dei offsides" is that right?

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Sorry Seamus...
Koller was not offside (in Italian - IN FUORIGIOCO)!

Why??
Because of that silly Laursen...
Another stupid mistake! :(

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
mellanie said:
... NOW to be honest, I totally snob this CL game...

same here! i had planned to travel to milan, had a ticket for borussia-milan + was more than willing to buy one for milan-juve from some scalper... had made flight + hotel arrangements... cancelled it all over the weekend... and don't regret it.

how wise! i didn't have to cancel anything, just didn't use the 3-match-ticket and kept working and skipped going to s.siro ... and certainly don't regret :cry: :head:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Seamus said:
Well all I got was the highlighs and they only showed the goal from 1 angle.

Was Koller offsides? It looked real close. And again what the hell is Laursen doing? If Koller wasn't offsides it was because Laursen ran back for no reason and kept him onsides.

How do you say "offsides trap" in Danish? How 'bout Italian? "Presa dei offsides" is that right?

When I saw the match it also seemed to me as if it was Laursens mistake but after the match in the dressing room Costacurta actually took responsability!! In that situation he was surpose to follow Koller!! So i guess the aswer for you Seamus is: Presa dei offsides!!?!? :tongue:

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Vernetti said:
When I saw the match it also seemed to me as if it was Laursens mistake but after the match in the dressing room Costacurta actually took responsability!! In that situation he was surpose to follow Koller!!

I don't agree with you
as Costacurta (and Nesta) decided to use OFFSIDE tactic, they stopped in order to let Koller OFFSIDE
... instead Laursen didn't run ahead, stopped and let Koller in regular position!
So IMO it's 100% Laursen faught.... as he didn't respect the correct times and mouvements of his defence line.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Hi Mellanie,

I actually agree with you. As we were watching the game last night we all thought it was Laursens mistake.

I´m just telling you what the players told a danish journalist after the game.

I was quite surprices myself... I believe it was Laursen himself and Pirlo they talked to.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
i didn't see the match (as said in my previous post) so i won't express an opinion (i can't have) on the action. nontheless i am not surprised that billy might have taken liability even if he didn't have any: he is the 'elder brother' and he knows it; he senses laursen is not through a good moment and comes to rescue ... because billy is like that and because laursen in an even worse moment is no good for the team

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Well... it seemed Laursen faught :conf:

Anyway... as for the rest of the game...
who cares???
The mistake is not important as we're already in quarters!

and yesterday we (and our players) were already with our heads and hearts always in San Siro - but against Juve!

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
the 0-1 result is a bit deceiving, milan didn't play *that* bad considering that dortmund needed the win and played accordingly (esp. in the 2nd half), even though far from classy. the goal resulted from an individual mistake by laursen - koller would have been offside if stupid laursen hadn't stepped out of the defense line moving his sorry ass back towards the goalie. what a stupid, stupid beginner's mistake, causing nesta to throw a very angry look over to his team mate... :mad:

anyway, despite the somewhat improved performance the 2 major problems of the last weeks seem to persist. while the play seems to have picked up speed and variability with even some more action on the wings, the creation of chances as well as the chance-to-goal ratio still leave quite a bit to be desired and rivaldo's only major contribution to the match still consists of slowing down the pace in midfield... :o

on a side note: nice performance by nesta, gattuso reliable as usual (he was the star of the match IMHO), redondo is slooooowly getting back in shape and rui did better than in the last couple of matches but hasn't lived up to his full potential yet and his shooting/converting of chances was insufficient again...

i've also seen basel-juve, and guys, what i've seen has slightly raised my hopes again with regard to the forthcoming clash... juves central defense had *very* crappy moments - we *just* need someone who will SCORE... and someone who will strap laursen to the bench.

:devil2:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Vernetti said:
Hi Mellanie,

I actually agree with you. As we were watching the game last night we all thought it was Laursens mistake.

I´m just telling you what the players told a danish journalist after the game.

I was quite surprices myself... I believe it was Laursen himself and Pirlo they talked to.

Yeah in that situstion Costacurta should be marking him, but like mellanie said he & Nesta stepped up and had Koller about 3 yards offsides. If Laursen had not been looking or had slipped I would understand, but watching it over and over, he actually runs back towards tohe keeper at full speed and kept Koller onsides. he was trying to get back & guard a guy he would never catch up to anyway.

I don't ccare as it dosen't matter, but it still shows me something about Laursen. Which actually bugs me because I want to like the guy. The book I'm reading just talked about him for the last 5 pages.

Schedule