syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
smiling faces soon. i feel it.
and as time passes, more and more.

... until the smiles become permanent

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
I’m slowly starting to change my mind about Furlani. At first I thought he was a Jerry Sandusky type..the more I think about it he comes off as more of a John Wayne Gacy type

with or without the maquillage?

killerkid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I would just terminate Rebic contract to be honest. I don't think anyone pays money for him. He's probably going to clubs like Hajduk or Dinamo Zagreb next
There were reports he is wanted in Germany Wolsburg or something like that,lets hope they give us something for him

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Conte would actually make me turn full tilt into negativity.

My recent frustration (foreshadowed by my disillusionment with Pioli) would be quaint in comparison to my attitude with Conte in charge.

If Pioli's drunken master luck ever runs out, Italiano looks like he'd fit the bill.

What about Pirlo? According to reports Maldini wanted Pirlo!

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Conte would actually make me turn full tilt into negativity.

My recent frustration (foreshadowed by my disillusionment with Pioli) would be quaint in comparison to my attitude with Conte in charge.

If Pioli's drunken master luck ever runs out, Italiano looks like he'd fit the bill.
1686323265590.gif

#teamdezerbi #saynotobaldies

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The president of Inter, Steven Zhang, has spoken about the sacking of Paolo Maldini and also revealed his desire to see a competitive AC Milan side.

“It’s a very delicate issue, investing in another management and a great character like Maldini who won like this a lot at the club,” he said.

“Obviously people were very surprised by this separation, but these are things that happen in football. A stable and competitive Milan is also a stimulus for Inter, let’s grow together.”

I know Inter, is the enemy but Zhang seems like a cool guy! Plus he went to the same University as me, thought not as the same time as me!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli is not going to last. He is already on the chopping block. 1 mistake and he's out. Redshit is going to replace everyone eventually. Milan will remain Milan. And obviously we'll all watch every single game and spend hours in here discussing.
For the sake of our club, I hope that whatever "innovative" method they are adopting, actually works. Time will tell.

Getting rid of Maldini was a mistake imo. Maybe that's emotions talking, but football IS emotions. At the very least, the situation should have been handled differently. Based on all these interviews coming out now, it seems that Maldini was on an island away from the front office ever since Gazidis left (ironically enough). If this was true (seems it was), there was clearly no conditions to continue together, both for his sake and Milan's. I just wish (as I said above) that the situation was handled differently rather than this nastiness that we are now experiencing.

With that being said, it takes the agreement of both sides to handle a situation in 1 way. I have no clue who wanted the relationship to end in this way. When I say "wanted", I don't really mean that in the sense of the word. More so, was it Maldini that said "fuck this, I'm out" or was it Gerry that said "we don't need you, you are out, there is the door". Maybe both did. Who knows. But it's damaging to the club that they couldn't find a civil way to reach a mutually agreed separation.
In a way, I guess that would have been a lie formulated for publicity sake, but I do think it would have been necessary and less damaging to both Milan and Maldini himself.
I think based on how things are playing out, Maldini overplayed his hand and Gerry didn’t think Maldini was essential.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
smiling faces soon. i feel it.
and as time passes, more and more.

... until the smiles become permanent
745aa855e27014029e77db75f345d204.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What about Pirlo? According to reports Maldini wanted Pirlo!
I don't believe those rumors, at all. I saw a denial of them in MilanNews, even though Ordine and others have tried to say it was true.

The talk before Maldini got fired was that Maldini liked Italiano. That makes more sense to me. For various reasons in terms of play-style, fit, and cost.

The idea that Maldini would prefer Arnautovic over Thuram (for free lol), or Berardi over Chuk etc, is hilarious to me.

All the talk about Maldini wanting SMS, the wet dream of most (not me) has not been mentioned among the desires of Maldini. Fans would be like "wait, Maldini wanted SMS?" And they'd ask why doesn't management go for him, even if Maldini is gone?

Because all the rumors that people are gobbling up are designed to make Maldini look bad. Which is disgusting to me. Fire the man, fine, but don't tell me that Maldini was simultaneously obsessed with old players alone but the blame him for young players having a tough first year (CDK, Adli, etc) whilst conveniently forgetting who scouted and recommended them, ahem: Moncada.

Also, I'm waiting for the unearthed diamonds that required us to promote Moncada. Being linked to every high profile free agent like Thuram, Ndicka, and Tielemans isn't some earth shattering Moneyball play. Chuk scored goals against Real Madrid and became popular around the transfer market world, so again, I'm waiting for the unique Enzos and Muanis of the world.

And of course, we have the tactical maestro in Pioli, who I hope will all surprise us this season, genuinely.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I would just terminate Rebic contract to be honest. I don't think anyone pays money for him. He's probably going to clubs like Hajduk or Dinamo Zagreb next
:thumbsup:

This should only be a LAST resort but I would do this for ALL the fodders we're unable to sell including Florenzi, Rebic + Origi as we can easily fund better signings with their wage savings alone.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Should try to swap him for a promising youth talent at least

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think based on how things are playing out, Maldini overplayed his hand and Gerry didn’t think Maldini was essential.

At first, the news about Maldini being offered a "consilting" role seemed like an instigation from Gerry. A demotion made solely to infuriate Maldini and have him leave on his own. As more things are coming out about how they wanna run the recruitment, it seems they were essentially offering a spot at the (let's call it a) scouting table, but removing his decision making power in order to have that "shared" across the table.
Obviously Maldini wasn't going to go for that and Gerryshit knew that for sure. So in a way, still an instigation. They already had a contingency plan in case things went sideways with Maldini.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
We would have spent around 22M on RLC and Arnautovic, as confirmed by Fab and Matt Law.

Diaz probably redeemed too, but to be fair, I'll say maybe not.

Ridiculous use of resources.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli is not going to last. He is already on the chopping block. 1 mistake and he's out. Redshit is going to replace everyone eventually. Milan will remain Milan. And obviously we'll all watch every single game and spend hours in here discussing.
For the sake of our club, I hope that whatever "innovative" method they are adopting, actually works. Time will tell.

Getting rid of Maldini was a mistake imo. Maybe that's emotions talking, but football IS emotions. At the very least, the situation should have been handled differently. Based on all these interviews coming out now, it seems that Maldini was on an island away from the front office ever since Gazidis left (ironically enough). If this was true (seems it was), there was clearly no conditions to continue together, both for his sake and Milan's. I just wish (as I said above) that the situation was handled differently rather than this nastiness that we are now experiencing.

With that being said, it takes the agreement of both sides to handle a situation in 1 way. I have no clue who wanted the relationship to end in this way. When I say "wanted", I don't really mean that in the sense of the word. More so, was it Maldini that said "fuck this, I'm out" or was it Gerry that said "we don't need you, you are out, there is the door". Maybe both did. Who knows. But it's damaging to the club that they couldn't find a civil way to reach a mutually agreed separation.
In a way, I guess that would have been a lie formulated for publicity sake, but I do think it would have been necessary and less damaging to both Milan and Maldini himself.

That's exactly what I meant the other day. Yeah, it feels wrong sacking a club legend with Maldinis track record and pedigree from one day to another. It really does. But I don't know if there was much of an alternative in the timing TBH. The decision had obviously been taken way before. Weeks, if not even months. But businesswise it makes sense. They needed Maldini to get the Leao renewal over the line. No Leao renewal would've been catastrophic. Moreover we were in the middle of a deep CL run and the fight for 4th place. Distracting the team with such a bomb before the season had ended was impossible, needless to explain. But once the season had ended, and given the decision had already taken long time ago, they couldn't just wait and let Maldini conduct the mercato either...

Could the sacking have beeen handled more smoothly? More transitional?

It really depends on where Maldini stood, as you said. I don't think he would have accepted to basically be a dead man walking, with everyone knowing he's only here to save face, but with no managerial powers at all. I really don't. And it's also beneath Maldini. Or to put it in Billy Beans words in 'Moneyball' when it comes to sacking players and how to communicate it to them: «Do you believe they prefer five shots in the chest to bleed out or one single lethal shot in the head?»

This says a lot about how Americans think. If you asked them if they hate Paolo and why they couldn't spare some nice words they'll probably answer you: "Why? Why the romantic sugarcoat and nice talking when we all know it's just words and fluff? It's a sack after all, no promotion. No need to bullshit people about that."

For us it sounds cruel, bot for them and the way they do business, they probably think they did Maldini a favor with that stone cold statement and are honestly shocked about us being shocked :lol: Classic clash of cultures I guess. It's not the first time it happened. It happened with Leonardo and Boban too. It's going to happen again, I promise, probably when they fire Pioli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule