• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hasn't he been underwhelming for like 5 years?

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope Origi leaves, so with savings from his salary maybe a better striker will come.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
so….. i don’t have to look up for illegal turkish super lig streams?

steve-harvey.gif

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
so you watched greek kid and he is Special,first thing you notice about greek special is that he is slow which already is problem
Pelegrii is like samuel or cordoba.
Lol the Greek kid definitely isn’t slow and certainly no slower than Pellegrino. Also, the reason I prefer him is because he’s much more athletic than Pellegrino and taller and great on the ball too so would be able to launch a lot of counter attacks.

However, Pellegrino is probably a better pure defender overall hence the comparisons to Samuel/Cordoba but for a few million extra I would sign the Greek.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Our track record for defenders is very good, Tomori, Kalulu, Thiaw for 35-40 m in total is simply amazing. If they think 5-6 m for Pellegrino is better than 8 m for the Greek kid who I am to say otherwise?
Agreed but the last time Moncada went fishing in South America he reeled in Duarte :lol:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I think 178 but he tutored by Nesta
He is the same height as this kid.

Either the kid is good or not - you can train with Nesta all day and you still wont be able to jump as high as a 195 man which you all keep screaming for.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes

Hasn't he been underwhelming for like 5 years?

he did pick up some momentum at fiorentina and he's still pretty young but i dont like the profile, he's small and slow and doesnt really provide much of a presence outside the box, he's pretty much the same as giroud but without the holdup play. with our style of play i feel using a poacher as lone striker will often make us feel like we're playing 1 man down

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
@patosheva
so you watched greek kid and he is Special,first thing you notice about greek special is that he is slow which already is problem

Pelegrii is like samuel or cordoba.

I don't like slow defenders. Nowadays athleticism and pace are more important than tactics. If Pellegrino is fast and good in the air, he should be signed immediately.

1:30 onward

Compare to this

If anything, Pellegrino is the one that looks slow.

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
net/gross salaries of our arrivals/departures

RDT_20230818_1634082506332538933307561.png

Edit
This might not be 100% accurate as we can't apply growth decree to Dest, Vranckx, CDK since they only spent a season over here, so we probably saved even more

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The next few weeks will be:

Origi & Colombo out > new CF
Saelemakers out > new mid
Ballo Toure out > new LB
Pellegrino will be Gabbia's replacement at CB.
Maybe Krunic out >new mid
Caldara shipped off wherever or he just sits in the stands all season.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Happened last season. 2 seasons in a row s too much. 12 loses last year. Now without dzeko and lakaka. Onana gone.

I dont care what any1 says. They re weaker and weaker every year.
weaker every year yet they spank us everytime hmmm

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
1:30 onward

Compare to this

If anything, Pellegrino is the one that looks slow.

Exactly...it's laughable to think he's slow when in reality he's actually FASTER and much more athletic than Pellegrino. Both players are good prospects although the Greek looks like a potential star in the making. Hope it's not too late to change our plans.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
net/gross salaries of our arrivals/departures

View attachment 23810

Edit
This might not be 100% accurate as we can't apply growth decree to Dest, Vranckx, CDK since they only spent a season over here, so we probably saved even more
CDK it will apply since he will have spent two years in Italy. Dest and Vranckx no growth decree.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our track record for defenders is very good, Tomori, Kalulu, Thiaw for 35-40 m in total is simply amazing. If they think 5-6 m for Pellegrino is better than 8 m for the Greek kid who I am to say otherwise?
Also, the reports I read suggested they initially asked 15M for him and it wasn’t likely to get done for less than 10M + bonuses, which we don’t have the budget for right now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we return for him
in the future if he is still there.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Greek guy will be next sokratis who also did well when he left milan.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
The next few weeks will be:

Origi & Colombo out > new CF
Saelemakers out > new mid
Ballo Toure out > new LB
Pellegrino will be Gabbia's replacement at CB.
Maybe Krunic out >new mid
Caldara shipped off wherever or he just sits in the stands all season.
it's still crazy to me how it all unfolded for caldara

at atalanta he was overall pretty healthy, hit the ground running as soon as he came back from a great season in serie B, a dominating presence both on the ground and in the air for 2 consecutive seasons in the serie a

joins milan

tears achilles

tears ACL

comes back looking looking like a 40yo serie B player

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, the reports I read suggested they initially asked 15M for him and it wasn’t likely to get done for less than 10M + bonuses, which we don’t have the budget for right now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we return for him
in the future if he is still there.
I mean, whoever the CB purchased will be is a prospective buy. A cheap young player with potential but also risk attached

It would be pretty foolish to commit 10-15m to a purchase like this when there are bigger needs at CF and DM

LemonCookies

Andrea Poli Fan Club President
Reaction score
We need an anchor more than we do a striker or defender. I have no idea what we're doing. I'm seeing us selling Krunic for 9m and bringing in no one, then pointing fingers at Pioli because our midfield is thinner than water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule