The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Kjaer is great but with the way we play Roma, Gabbia and even Kjaer somewhat depend on the recovery speed of Tomori and the CDMs.
A CB/CDM hybrid player would probably do well for us.
Kjaer depends on the recovery speed of Tomori !?

myth? or just based on Fik is fast Kjaer is slow?

it's a tandem so they have to be complimentary. and with the high line we play. 100% at least one has to be fast.

Kjaer's remedy for his lack of speed is his good 1v1 ability and his aggressive/proactive defending... he sticks to his (fast) opponents, not giving them the time to turn and run.... how many times have we seen him dry humping forwards by the center line ...topple them over.

sure, as a human, he'll get beaten sometimes like anyone else.

Fik is probably my fav player in this squad. His amazing speed displays we see countless times during games are in the vast majority 90%, him tracking his man down, especially fast forwards who think they can test him. he tracks them down and strip them...it's not always because Kjaer (or any other player) fucked up and he has to clean it up (it does happen and that's also his role as CB)

anyway, saying Kjaer "Depends" on Fik's recovery speed is a great exaggeration (i don't want to use "wrong" on opinions)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I thought Huntelaar would be our own David Trezeguet but Leonardo in all his wisdom decided to play him as a winger in 4-2-4 fantasy.
the main problem with that idea was marco borriello couldnt stop scoring the most beautiful goals of all time

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Take Adli back, buy Faivre and leave him on loan. Or buy him now and leave Adli.

Option one is probably better since Adli can cover Kessie/Ben spots in January but I will be fine with both scenarios.

But we have two problems here since Bordeaux is in relagation zone and Brest is fighting for european spots. In short, it won't be easy to get them here in January and if you still want it, you have to pay extra money... knowing that Elliott is too stingy, I doubt anything will happen. :o Which is a shame because scudetto feels more realistic with at least one of them here.
Scudetto is probably achievable with the current squad if Milan get knocked out of the CL

Going from playing every 3 days to a regular schedule would be such a relief for the side

But if Milan advance in Europe 100% a CB and attacking player is needed

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People are trying to discount us because they have been talking shit about us for the last two years, because they're morons and looked at the final results of the covid year, rather than seeing "oh, this team is building something!"

They don't realize how good we are. People are crying for Roma or Napoli, when we have been weathering this sorts of injury crises for two seasons now. We need to improve our training staff, because even now Inter is finally getting some injuries, but no one critical for them.

We have a hell of a team, no matter where we end up.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Pioli could try Tomori to run at oponent defence ,something like Gasp did tonight with Demiral. Kessie can stay at the back.
Tomori has great shot, hi didn't tried to much at Milan .

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer depends on the recovery speed of Tomori !?

myth? or just based on Fik is fast Kjaer is slow?

it's a tandem so they have to be complimentary. and with the high line we play. 100% at least one has to be fast.

Kjaer's remedy for his lack of speed is his good 1v1 ability and his aggressive/proactive defending... he sticks to his (fast) opponents, not giving them the time to turn and run.... how many times have we seen him dry humping forwards by the center line ...topple them over.

sure, as a human, he'll get beaten sometimes like anyone else.

Fik is probably my fav player in this squad. His amazing speed displays we see countless times during games are in the vast majority 90%, him tracking his man down, especially fast forwards who think they can test him. he tracks them down and strip them...it's not always because Kjaer (or any other player) fucked up and he has to clean it up (it does happen and that's also his role as CB)

anyway, saying Kjaer "Depends" on Fik's recovery speed is a great exaggeration (i don't want to use "wrong" on opinions)
You can look at the games since Tomori´s arrival, who out of the other CBs played is far less significant than if they were partnered with Tomori or not. That´s not Kjaer´s fault or Roma´s ... it´s Pioli´s tactics and especially this season we shift into a 3-1-6 a lot making it not really a tandem but a trident with a center-half-back.
I agree that Kjaer is a lot better at aggressive/proactive defending than the other "classic defenders" in the squad (and that´s also partly the reason why he plays the best football of his career here and in that system), but loosing that, while bad enough, is still less significant than loosing Tomori´s abilities.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Man i wish tonali learn from kessie (if he leave), absolute calm and bossing, he is our modern pirlo. Or better give him more payrise, something like in the midle (7,5m or 8m), i think he deserve it like zlatan.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I know there's no point in crying over what already happened

but those 6pts vs fiorentina and sass...

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
You can look at the games since Tomori´s arrival, who out of the other CBs played is far less significant than if they were partnered with Tomori or not. That´s not Kjaer´s fault or Roma´s ... it´s Pioli´s tactics and especially this season we shift into a 3-1-6 a lot making it not really a tandem but a trident with a center-half-back.
I agree that Kjaer is a lot better at aggressive/proactive defending than the other "classic defenders" in the squad (and that´s also partly the reason why he plays the best football of his career here and in that system), but loosing that, while bad enough, is still less significant than loosing Tomori´s abilities.
The numbers show that without Kjaer we do not concede more goals, but without Tomori we do.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Of course characteristically, Tomori is without equal.
he bring his characteristics to the team and when he is not available, we miss his characteristics. Like when Ibra is out we miss having that extra playmaker + height upfront. Like when Kjaer is not here the defense is a bit choatic. When Leao or Theo are out we lack that penetration, Maignan…

And that’s the whole concept of a “team”. complementarity

But that doesn’t justify 1 bit what you said that “Kjaer depends on Tomori’s speed”

U Mentioned watching games. well, if you watch games it’s also pretty crystal Clear that Kjaer handles his own + provides structure and leadership to the whole back line and young mids.

Is it coincidence that We gained defensive solidity after his arrival? Helping our great run for the rest of 19-20 and first half of 20-21 before Fik arrives in January? Being one of the top defender for that whole calendar year and still is.

He’also having great success with Denmark, long time leader/captain…I don’t know their team well but I wonder whose he depends on there

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Part of a season.
You weren’t expecting us to win all games.
We’ll lose or draw some more… but I the end we’ll come out on top

voom

Banned
Reaction score

Wish Maldini could do something about this. We have great relations with Chelsea. Not Vlahović , not Scamacca, not Belloti, this would be my pick at CF.
Still has room for improvements ,but Broja is already a beast.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seko Fofana has been great for Lens. He has been linked to us recently.

Also, Faivre plastered this Lens side 4-0 couple of weeks ago.
Always saw so much in him at Udinese

Fofana switching on Yaya Toure mode for Lens

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course characteristically, Tomori is without equal.
he bring his characteristics to the team and when he is not available, we miss his characteristics. Like when Ibra is out we miss having that extra playmaker + height upfront. Like when Kjaer is not here the defense is a bit choatic. When Leao or Theo are out we lack that penetration, Maignan…

And that’s the whole concept of a “team”. complementarity

But that doesn’t justify 1 bit what you said that “Kjaer depends on Tomori’s speed”

U Mentioned watching games. well, if you watch games it’s also pretty crystal Clear that Kjaer handles his own + provides structure and leadership to the whole back line and young mids.

Is it coincidence that We gained defensive solidity after his arrival? Helping our great run for the rest of 19-20 and first half of 20-21 before Fik arrives in January? Being one of the top defender for that whole calendar year and still is.

He’also having great success with Denmark, long time leader/captain…I don’t know their team well but I wonder whose he depends on there
I meant to look at games in the sense of to look at the results.

Point is, in the current lineup no CB can really replace Tomori, while Kjaer is replaceable to a certain degree. Further more not playing with Kjaer looks bad on the eye, we loose quality, but while we play worse with (current) Roma/Gabbia it luckily doesn't really translate very much into results as his replacements are worse but at the same time solid enough.
To me it is ok to call that "depends on". In a more conservative set up (like we had in Kjaer´s first months here) things are different, but we already are down the path of incorporating the recovery speed of especially Tomori and Tonali in our set up, so that's our current reality.

I agree on what you write about the team complementing each other and I wouldn't for example suggest cutting all traditional CBs, but that doesn't mean that all characteristics are equal.

Also my post was never intended as anti-Kjaer, but rather to highlight the importance of going for a certain type of CB if we go for a CB in winter, which I personally doubt.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
So after 16 rounds and a pile of torn hamstrings, we are 1st.

How long did it take for Napoli (for example) to start feeling their absences?

I am going to go out on a limb here: I submit that no other team would cope as well as we have given a similar injury list. Our style of play is so established, so imbibed by the players that absences don't make the machine sputter and die.

At least there's one silver lining to injuries...I get to read gems like "this is is on Maldini :mad:!!!"

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
I called Buffon and he confirmed that he gave my number to the press officer who turned it over to Ronaldo to tell me that he scored 750 goals and I only scored 150. I say: dear Cristiano Ronaldo, you everything, live calm and relaxed. Take example from Messi, he doesn't give a damn about everything and everyone. Instead of sending the message to me, this is the truth

Cassano :lol:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Shit happens. Get over it.
Merda haven't even hit their tough part of the season like the rest of us have yet.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
You're rooting against us to be right?

Oh no on the contrary. I just know we will be heart broken at the end of the season because we will say only if we didn’t drop points here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule